Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    um.... does this merit change comes with the whole new spell list for elemental spirits? Becoz my spirits pet still doesn't cast Tier 5 elemental magic or AM2. nor the light spirit do cure 5 or cure 6. My SMN magic skill is 410 base with merit and equipments (I know I am not capped yet v.v), no way my skill is hindering the spell cast level.

BTW are we going to get the elemental from abyssea? they seem to have more spell than the spirits I currently have.

And ..... for crying over 7 years on SMN. Will we have the slightest chance to command our spirit to cast spell?
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    I personally have been wanting to use spirits to fight with since I first unlocked SMN many years ago. The fact remains they deal strong elemental damage and have damage resistance, just like the normal elementals. They're a lot more useful than people give them credit for but they have terrible, terrible AI controlling them. Like them or not, they're a part of the job and should be used more often than they should.

Please S-E, continue working on strengthening elemental spirits, and consider revamping them like you did BST jug pets... let us control what spells they cast on a charge system, and increase their spell list; this alone would make them not only more useful but more desirable in combat.
    i dont see why having a charge system would not work, seems fine by me. I was fiddling with a couple elements last night (skill is 412~) and after 6 mins my light spirit cast flash...then while fighting Dragua (sp? that earth dragon in abyssea) i let my Wind spirit poke for around 10 mins....and all i got was gravity out of it.

in conclusion....they still blow even if they cost nothing to have out. The one thing the main avatars dont do so well....is nuke, so why not make the spirits our nuke group?

but i know im shouting at a wall called SE, im not expecting much of anything from them anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings.

I would like to share a bit of information about our process for all adjustments, not just adjustments for summoner. Regarding the information we reveal about proposed changes and changes to the test server, we are only revealing specs that have become possible to implement, in the order that they have become possible. This means that the changes we announce are not the only changes that we have in mind. Please keep in mind that it is very possible that we are looking into changes that we are not yet at a point where we can announce them.

There are many adjustments that we must look into patiently and there are many adjustments that need a long time to implement. As a result, there may be times where we are not able to reveal everything that is taking place, but this does not mean that nothing is being worked on. We are constantly evaluating new adjustments.
    I presumed all these are done because of 'BALANCE' issue right?

SE, how about just not give us crap for adjustments and instead spent the resources on things that are far more important. If you're going to give us crap like this, I rather you just leave us along and work on other stuff that might benefit some other job (no the PLD JA adj isn't it either and I dont have PLD leveled).

Who the hell really is running the development now? Is there even vision/roadmap that you guys are following?

Also, let me tell you something that most ppl really want to hear. Tell us these vision/roadmap that you guys intended on doing. This isn't 2004 anymore and people want to see a clear layed out roadmap.
    (5)

Player
    Love the response Camate! I'll try to be constructive here. "We post what we can implement" leaves SMN in the dark all the time. You are telling everyone that you've invented butter, but not the bread. No one eats *just the butter*.

SE should be well aware that spirits are restricted to code that ends at L75ish. SE is likely working in that code. Next time, I recommend they wait until they finish the real programming before announcing they also changed one number on one merit.

"Enjoy your butter!"... Now what?
    (1)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    um.... does this merit change comes with the whole new spell list for elemental spirits? Becoz my spirits pet still doesn't cast Tier 5 elemental magic or AM2. nor the light spirit do cure 5 or cure 6. My SMN magic skill is 410 base with merit and equipments (I know I am not capped yet v.v), no way my skill is hindering the spell cast level.
    Just pointing out, LightSpirit has had Cure V since Level 75. And SE will never give Spirits AM2
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Also I'm a guy.
    All of my weird, tingly feelings are sudden more slightly weird and slightly less tingly. Oh, wait a minute. They're a little more tingly, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    You are telling everyone that you've invented butter, but not the bread. No one eats *just the butter*.
    [SIZE="7"]
    WORKING[/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"]AS INTENDED.[/SIZE]
    (4)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    lol that picture is priceless...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    No, sorry, it doesn't. I was listing what SE should make happen
    (0)

Player
    Awesome, Spank! LOL
    (0)

Got some information from the development team that they would like to hear feedback on.

Regarding “reduced elemental MP cost,” we decided to implement this given that we’re planning on adjusting elementals in the future, as we mentioned previously.

At first, we were considering changing “reduced elemental MP cost” to a totally different effect, “reduced summoning casting time,” so the possibility exists that we change it to this.

However, please note that we wouldn’t use “reduced elemental MP cost” if we switch to “reduced summoning casting time” and that we will need some time to implement this change.

Please let us know your feedback on this.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast