Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Summoner update timeline?

First of all I realise that with the game having twenty jobs and four jobs getting major changes per update it will take eight months to a year before each job will get some love, but it really seems that SMN is long overdue for one...

I was wondering if any of the following questions could be answered?
    1. Many other jobs have seen reductions in the recasts for Job Abilities. Will we see a reduction in Summoner Job Ability timers too? Specifically the Blood Pact: Rage timer.
    2. This is related to #1, but Summoner suffers from a limitation in Voidwatch that if a Summoner needs to hit a proc, they can only do so every 45 seconds at best. With some proc types having more than 12 possibilities (Darkness), it can really take a long time to proc. Other jobs do not suffer from this issue, Black Mage is an example. Is there anything that can be done to address this?
    3. There have been no Voidwatch rewards that cater to Summoner strengths; not a single reward offers increases to avatar damage, or a reduction in MP cost, or a reduction in Blood Pact timers. Is this intentional or an oversight? SMN hasn't had a new piece of "must have" equipment in more than a year now.
    4. Is there any estimate on when Cait Sith/Atomos will be available? This summer? This winter?
    5. A lot of players would be very interested to read what the dev teams thoughts are to the future of the job or a roadmap that they are working towards?

P.S: I think the Community Reps have the patience of saints...I couldn't do it, lol
    (4)
    Last edited by Zubis; 01-25-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Player
    Get in the line please

It would be nice to hear (for the linked thread as well) if the information was passed on by the Community Reps even in the case the developers don't want to hand out the desired information. Summoners are at a point where we want to see a bit attention at least
    (0)

Player
    They could definitely have individual BP timers on all our BPs... there's we wouldn't go over their dreaded "12 recast limit" they have suddenly put-forth to us.
    (0)

Character
    Garenos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    [dev1073] Job Adjustments: Summoner
    The Elemental MP Cost merit point enhancement will reduce MP cost by three points per level instead of one.

With all problems the Job have, the appointments of community, the nerfed gameplay summoners experience, the low output damage (lvl 75 atk )... SQUARE ENIX WILL ADJUST ONLY THE USELESS ELEMENTAL SPIRITS MERIT POINT COST?
    Those spirits are too random! I have SMN skill capped and never did a proc-abyssea with spirits! They never cast enough spells.

SHAME SQUARE ENIX - SHAME DEVELOPER TEAM
    (1)
    ~Yes Professor Shantoto~

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    ^ nothing to add to that
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    All I can think of is that we've been trolled big time by SE.
    (0)

There have been no Voidwatch rewards that cater to Summoner strengths; not a single reward offers increases to avatar damage, or a reduction in MP cost, or a reduction in Blood Pact timers. Is this intentional or an oversight? SMN hasn't had a new piece of "must have" equipment in more than a year now.
    Haven't you heard? The only armors added for SMN, are artifact, relic, empyrean. You need to wait on if they add full level 99 sets in some future activity to get anything for SMN. More likely you'll just get empyrean +3 though.

3 armor sets are more than Summoners deserve! /Sarcasm
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!