Thread: Relic armour +2

Relic armour +2

The Set

Basically seems to have increased stats slightly, and removed matching day/weather requirements.
    Augments are all merit BP based, and 1 astral flow enhancement.

Comparing each piece individually to caller's +2, which do people consider worth getting?

I'd say Body and Feet are good for Predator Claws, with the crit hit rate+, with the feet being good for all melee BPs (as NQ/+1 always were).

Head, MAB+4 vs 9 summon skill, but I'd say relic +2 wins for magic BPs.

Hands full time relic.

Legs not if you paid me. Callers or even AF/AF+1.

Your thoughts?
    (0)

Player
    Caller's body will be the best body for smn for everything SMN related. +10 summoning magic and +10% BP damage > all.

Feet are omgyes for the physical BPs.

Head is omgyes for magic BPs.

Hands are godly for both magic and physical(esp physical) and of course our buffs(even more so if they fix the buff formulas)

The rest would/will only be good if they ever decide to remove the delay- cap on BPs
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I got all of it, completist^^

But in terms of whats worth getting;
    Horn +2: Best Magic BP piece
    Body +2: Best Perp Body if your overkilling with Caller's Body (i.e. need Magian Staves/Nash Gages/Stearc/+2 Feet, everything) - the extra Critical Hit Rate will deal more damage over time
    Hands +2: Best Summoning Skill piece
    Legs +2: Spirits only
    Feet +2: Pet Physical BP piece

All in all, it's worth getting all but really depends on what you do/what your gear's like. Head/Hands/Feet are a given, if you use Spirits then Legs are a good option, and if you're overkilling Perp as badly as I am, Body is also a good option. Using the whole set to Cap Blood Pact delay is no longer necessary- you can cap it using 3 pieces, so unless you want the whole set for something there's no need to own it to hit the 45s cap.

In terms of taking the Relic further and augmentting them, Head's good for the very rare occasion that you use Astral Flow for something other than Alexander/Odin, and Hands are a great Magic Burst piece (8~40 MAB on MB, depending on Merits). Rest are pretty lackluster (Feet Augment and the Critical Hit Rate themselves are for Magic nukes, it's a mistranslation on SEs part which they adjusted on the test server)
    (1)
    Last edited by Sargent; 01-29-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Are the sp. bloodpact augments applicable to the meritable 75 BP only?

If so +Acc seems kind of useless; so is the MAB + from magic bursting. Considering how long it takes to cast, and how fast paced melees go these days, unless we're doing self MB, its completely useless.

I'd take caller's body's flat +dmg bonus over mp savings on the doublet. as well,

The only useful augments are enhance astral flow from horn and the free MAB, and the crit magic damage up for sp. bloodpacts from feet.

Feet are omgyes for the physical BPs.

Head is omgyes for magic BPs.
    Not sure the augments apply to all BP. Given how the duelist augments are, i'm pretty sure they are for merited BP only, which are all magical. Feet description is incorrect, according to blue grtr. It's magical crit/ and magic crit bonus, not critical hits.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 01-29-2012 at 08:17 AM.

I found most of it to seem rather meh compared to Caller's set. Like Hands seemed like I'd gain 3 summoning skill over my +1 hands. Not bad, but not really motivating me to go hunt for them. Legs are still as terrible as ever.

As I see it, it is the tiny MAB on head, the -BP MP cost on body + crit rate, and + crit on feet that sounded OK. The small difference of what I already got really make me unmotivated to go work for it. Think it is time to change game soon.

I actually did a quick test of The Old Republic and scary enough it was vastly superior to FFXI and I started to wonder how old and outdated the game mechanics really were here. Like resting health only took like 15 seconds in that game, and here it can take an eternity because it takes 20 seconds to even get the first health tick back.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Player
    oh it's no doubt that everything about this game is terribly old; and they should probably take a few months of freezing everyone's accounts to do a super overhaul of the entire game to make it as good as we want it to be.

That being said, I still enjoy this game and the people that I play with and if they ever quit(which is very unlikely cause we all are addicted) I most likely will too.

Imo, in an mmo it's not really about the game or the gameplay, it's who you play with(but the formers definitely help).
    (0)