Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aussa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30

Please update Petrify LV5

Since the level cap is not a multiple of 5 now, this enemy ability should be updated to be Petrify LV3. Akvan is very sad that his skill is useless and whenever I see him I imagine a giant tear rolling out of his eye every time he attempts it.
    (9)
    Last edited by AnsT; 01-25-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Character
    Aussa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    I know that balance is a huge concern for you guys, so maybe making it level 3 would be too strong as it would affect three times the levels. A compromise could be possibly making it Petrify LV11. That way it affects a lesser amount of levels, but would still affect the players at level cap.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have to adjust the length that the petrify lasts to maintain balance. You guys know what you're doing though, so I'm sure you'll come up with a balanced solution. Doubling the effect duration due to less levels affected would be harsh though, I hope you take this into consideration.
    (2)
    Last edited by AnsT; 01-25-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just let Level 5 Petrify be for what it is and add Level 9 Roulette : inflicts a random status effect.
    (3)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnsT View Post
    Since the level cap is not a multiple of 5 now, this enemy ability should be updated to be Petrify LV3. Akvan is very sad that his skill is useless and whenever I see him I imagine a giant tear rolling out of his eye every time he attempts it.
    How about no.

EDIT: Who the fuck liked this shit, has to be trolling.
    (34)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 01-25-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Just let Level 5 Petrify be for what it is and add Level 9 Roulette : inflicts a random status effect.

don't encourage em, because 1-7 will be death and 8-9 doom
    (5)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All honesty, I agree, need new level petrify, or just make it so level 5 does all multiplies of 5 plus 99.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Player
    Why the hell should level 5 petrify affect someone not on a level multiplied by 5...?
    (5)

Character
    Aussa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    LV5 Petrify is an Ahriman skill, should it not be updated to actually work on level capped characters?

Maybe you don't want any other Ahriman NMs to ever exist again. I know the horror of trying to proc with magic barrier uptime of 80%. It's ok, I understand if you're fearful of a monster.
    (2)

Player
    Ahahaha, yes I'm fearful of a monster any decent group can down in ~3-5 minutes (varies due to barrier, Akvan is not hard and if you think it is I feel sorry for you). Your post was bad and you should feel bad for wasting time typing it out.
    (12)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    sure while your at it make it so the OCTAVE club works every 8 levels + 99 !!!!!!

no one does akvan anymore do they O-O... ?? lol
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast