Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Adjustments to Circle-type Job Abilities

We are currently planning adjustments to the effect duration and recast timers of circle-type job abilities (Holy Circle/Arcane Circle/Ancient Circle/Warding Circle) as well as Sepulcher/Arcane Crest/Dragon Breaker so that they can be used more frequently.

Below are 2 ideas we are looking into:
    1. Effect duration 1 min. / Recast time 3 min.
    2. Effect duration 3 min. / Recast time 5 min.
    For idea #1, while the effect duration is not changed, the abilities can be used quite frequently.
    For idea #2, while the effect duration becomes longer, if the effect is dispelled or via other means, you will have to wait longer than idea #1.

Please let us know your feedback on these two ideas.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    LOL - I completely agree with you - or if they plan to adjust this, make duration 2 mnts and recast after 3 mnts and make the effect actually useful and works. Stop doing things halfway - go all the way and make something amazing!
    (5)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think the circles are underused cuz ppl forget about them...
    Offhand, i think circle buff is something like a straight 15% dmg increase while its up?
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently planning adjustments to the effect duration and recast timers of circle-type job abilities (Holy Circle/Arcane Circle/Ancient Circle/Warding Circle) as well as Sepulcher/Arcane Crest/Dragon Breaker so that they can be used more frequently.

Below are 2 ideas we are looking into:
    1. Effect duration 1 min. / Recast time 3 min.
    2. Effect duration 3 min. / Recast time 5 min.
    For idea #1, while the effect duration is not changed, the abilities can be used quite frequently.
    For idea #2, while the effect duration becomes longer, if the effect is dispelled or via other means, you will have to wait longer than idea #1.

Please let us know your feedback on these two ideas.
    Thanks for the info here Camate.

As to the ideas themselves, i for one would be fine with either way the devs end up going. I would suggest that the potency of the abilities be up'd in general.

When i say boost i'm more speaking to the intimidation part of the effect. I know they can proc at a decent rate at times, but really feel that the 'edge' given to facing off against these opponents should be much more noticeable.

Anyways that's my 2 cents on it.
    (3)

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah that is correct. Will this change work on Killer Instinct which is also a circle effect that at 5/5 is 1 minute duration and 5 minute recast? Out of those options I would say 3/5, the extra duration is going to be more useful in most situations rather than 1/3.
    (2)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    I think the circles are underused cuz ppl forget about them...
    Offhand, i think circle buff is something like a straight 15% dmg increase while its up?
    They are good buffs, just highly situational.
    (2)

Character
    Muras
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    When taking into account gear that increases the duration of these effects, the first option is 1:30 and the second is 3:30. First option lets us have the effect up 50% of the time while the 2nd lets us have it up 70% of the time. I'd rather have the 2nd option so that I get the most bang out of it for the few times it's actually useful, given how situational it is.
    (7)

Player
    Idea 2 is better. It lasts longer and the player spends less time using JA's over time which slows down their damage. It doesn't really get dispelled much unless the player dies
    (7)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    NUMBA TWO~
    (1)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Idea #2 and please link their recasts so we can have more JAs.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast