Garlaige Citadel gates

Since everyone is throwing ideas out to the dev team, I guess I'll throw this out there. Should think of a way to open gates with less required people. These days 4 I think is alot of hassel. Could possibly allow pets to "Stay" on a platform to help with plates or reduce the number of players down to 2. I know theres not a high demand of things to do in garlaige citadel but newer people i'm sure has a hard time finding help with these gates. And like myself, I still have some AF to get and most of the time, my friends are busy doing other things. This isn't one of those "make it easier threads!", It's a good idea I think. What do you think?
    (0)

2004-2011

Character
    Naturebeckles
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdogg View Post
    Since everyone is throwing ideas out to the dev team, I guess I'll throw this out there. Should think of a way to open gates with less required people. These days 4 I think is alot of hassel. Could possibly allow pets to "Stay" on a platform to help with plates or reduce the number of players down to 2. I know theres not a high demand of things to do in garlaige citadel but newer people i'm sure has a hard time finding help with these gates. And like myself, I still have some AF to get and most of the time, my friends are busy doing other things. This isn't one of those "make it easier threads!", It's a good idea I think. What do you think?
    I think that's a great idea, Topdogg. With some of the newer players I'm with, I show them the "back way" from the past and using the carnation to get teleported over that little cliff where the stairs use to be to get behind the gate 2 area. However, there's at least one quest that I had to help my husband on that required us to actually get through the gates the old way because if he had zoned, he would have had to start the quest all over again with checking the ???'s around the place. So, I definitely agree that the platforms should be taken down to 2 needed.
    (0)
    Level 99 jobs: THF, WAR, SAM, SMN, WHM. Haste is overrated. Ok. Not really. But that's what you all think I believe anyway.

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i play the Elegy of Emptiness with my Ocarina on those 4 switches to get past.
    (0)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    This is something I would press the "easy button" to. Those doors are a burden to low and high levels alike, with or without the WotG miniquest.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Fretion
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Actually, you can get behind both gates relatively easily these days thanks to WotG ... granted, it would be an issue if you don't HAVE WotG, but if you have it, there's a very cheap and easy way to get behind either gate. For the one gate, you just go through Garlaige in the past, before it's all blasted apart and unpassable, use the maw outside. Zone back in, and vioila, you're behind the gate.

For the other one there's a mini-quest involving a Lycopodium NPC that will allow you (once you've completed the quest) up a flight of stairs and AROUND the gate by trading a flower in the present to a glowing spot. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lycopodium_(NPC) after using the above method to get to the deeper sections of Garlaige.
    (0)

Character
    Naturebeckles
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fretion View Post
    Actually, you can get behind both gates relatively easily these days thanks to WotG ... granted, it would be an issue if you don't HAVE WotG, but if you have it, there's a very cheap and easy way to get behind either gate. For the one gate, you just go through Garlaige in the past, before it's all blasted apart and unpassable, use the maw outside. Zone back in, and vioila, you're behind the gate.

For the other one there's a mini-quest involving a Lycopodium NPC that will allow you (once you've completed the quest) up a flight of stairs and AROUND the gate by trading a flower in the present to a glowing spot. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lycopodium_(NPC) after using the above method to get to the deeper sections of Garlaige.
    Yes, but as I already stated...

However, there's at least one quest that I had to help my husband on that required us to actually get through the gates the old way because if he had zoned, he would have had to start the quest all over again with checking the ???'s around the place.
    (0)
    Level 99 jobs: THF, WAR, SAM, SMN, WHM. Haste is overrated. Ok. Not really. But that's what you all think I believe anyway.

Character
    Effilil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    they could just do what they did for the 3 mage door in Horotoro ruins....give us a quest to get a key item that will allow us to open the doors without any help...this would answer the problem of opening the doors for that quest without zoning and give us an option for getting through the doors without having to go to the past for AF coffer hunting
    (0)
    Windhurst for life!

smn 90 / whm 90 / blu 90
    blm drg and bst on the way up there