Character
    Aussa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30

Great sword selection

Hello,

I started working on Carabosse gems with a friend aiming to make Caladbolg initially, but now some people told me that it's not worth it to make. They say that I should make the OAT Fulgurante because it beats 90 Caladbolg because of Resolution. Is that true?

I could use all the gems and lanterns I have for Armageddon instead, so they wouldn't be wasted, although I do want a great sword first.

Honestly, the Fulgurante seems more annoying and expensive to make than Caladbolg, but I want to make the best one. There's no way I'd take the Caladbolg to 95+.

Thank you.

edit: DRK isn't my primary job for VW, but I do use it sometimes if we need it for procs. My LS has had two BLM mains join recently, so I will finally be rid of that curse for most events now. Does the choice differ under full temps and buffs compared to future content when we're hopefully rid of that crap?
    (0)
    Last edited by AnsT; 01-24-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Ragnarok is the best but yea
    99 Oat GSD beats 90 Cala by a decent amount (it's like 10-15% ws dmg loss for +40% Ws frequency)

I think(correct me if i'm wrong) but
    Borealis & 99 100% tp GSD also beats 90 Cala
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm still liking my 99 STR GSWD. I dont know if the TP bonus or +10% WS damage beats it, but I don't think so. Boreals or Ragnarok are better, at least to my knowledge.

ALSO, the Gun Empy is really good for COR. If you have a COR, then I would use your gems and lanterns there instead.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Aussa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I'm still liking my 99 STR GSWD. I dont know if the TP bonus or +10% WS damage beats it, but I don't think so. Boreals or Ragnarok are better, at least to my knowledge.

ALSO, the Gun Empy is really good for COR. If you have a COR, then I would use your gems and lanterns there instead.
    Yeah, I do have a COR that I'll be using the Gems/Lanterns for now since it seems like OAT is the best non-relic GSword (other than spending 150 mil on plates for Caladbolg.) My COR does have a WoE gun, but I might as well get at least the 85 Armageddon now.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to getting Krabkatoa shells though. Silver mirrors are probably a pain in the ass to get now also since I doubt many do those tiers of VW anymore.
    (0)