Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanama View Post
    Hello there,

Someone wrote this four years ago, though I think it applies well to this thread. Have a look:

Wyvern fulfilling the unspoken promise

"Grow strong little one, your life is not only your own you hold the dreams of those who were denied life within you"
    *With that the Last Dragoon faded*

[ ... ]

The fact that dispite the Last Dragoon wishing nothing more than for our wyverns to grow strong they have stayed as hatchlings
    That's a very good point. :3

My thought is: With the addition of Achtelle could there not be an optional quest given by her to Dragon Knights that will allow Wyverns
    to grow to the size of raptors? (a teen stage like the chocobo chick-teen-adult process in chocobo raising)
    Such a thing would need no wyvern stat increase, it would cause no in party issues for a Dragoon, It would however
    fulfill a humble request of a hero in Vana'diel and give knights that wish to see their partners become more than just hatchlings what they wish for,
    While allowing those who do not wish for change to avoid it.
    I like this idea too. As a taru I don't want my wyvern to get bigger (even as BST I tend to use the tiny pets - a big pet for a small guy just looks wrong to me lol), but I do feel that players who want to see their companions grow in size should be able to.

Achtelle - You are.. a Dragoon correct? Truely? I had heard that our kind had faded from these lands.. I see, this is your Wyvern is it?
    It seems to me that it is about to enter its next stage of life. Though its strange it has not done so already from the look of you.. Have you not
    sought out that which allows this change in your partner?
    *You shake your head explaining that you've never heard of such a thing.*
    Achtelle - So that is why.. hmm *looks lost in thought* I may have the answer. upon entering these lands I came across a cave where many wyvern
    seemed to be gathering. Not only adults either, younger wyverns were there... and even hatchlings such as yours. It is my guess that the energy you must seek
    is in that cave. It is in *area name* good luck.. *she salutes*

You dash to a cave in the area and soon find a "???" on the ground, Your wyvern feels something coming from this spot and begins to search. Suddenly two recently grown wyverns bearing an unholy crest return attacking viciously. Side by side the Dragoon and his partner fight the creatures eventually defeating them. Your wyvern then finds a place where light begins to shine and in a flash it becomes a more fearsome being. Its scales seem to become its armor, its teeth sharper and from its head small horns appear to be growing, its arms have fused into its wings giving them small claws at their arch, and the once small wyvern now stands tall a few moments before once again taking to the air..

Achtelle - It is done.. I congratulate you my friend on this, Your wyvern appears strong as its soul is. *she smiles and takes a bow* I look forward to seeing you on the battle field, until then I trust the two of you will look after one another well.

*the screen fades to black*
    This quest idea rocks! If they launched this I could see myself leveling my hume or mithra mule just to do this quest.

My Idea for offense:
    When you are in battle there are many (many) times (depending on if you are soloing or not) when you reach low HP
    your wyvern.. does nothing, it doesn't seem to care and keeps attacking the way it always does lol.. Now my idea for this is
    At say 50% HP
    (or perhaps something like 35% although that would make it pretty useless to add unless you don't have Dragoon AF or are soloing as /melee)
    Your Wyvern will gain the effect of Warcry (<Wyvern Name> has recieved the effect of warcry out of its desire to save <Player Name> basically)
    And then at 25% HP (or maybe 30-35%?) Your Wyvern could gain the effect of Haste (again, in its desire to protect you) That would make your wyvern seem more intelligent its not like it can't tell that you are in danger after all. And since Dragoon is the only (?) non-magical damage dealer without an attack raising status effect it would make sense that your Wyvern atleast would have one.

Now the idea for defense:
    There are times (rarely if you are doing your job right but there are still times) when your Wyvern will gain so much hate that it will draw the attention of the mob you are fighting. Now my idea for this is should your Wyvern lose a certain amount of HP (say it gets to 50-75%) it will use a counter attack that will be similar to jump in that it sheds some hate and at the same time it does damage and the lower its hp gets the more hate the counter attacks will shed untill it gets to a very critical point where it will do a high jump worthy hate shed to try and save its self (as if it gets to a point where my "partner" was letting me die I would get out of the way honestly)

This would give a Wyvern a more practical and frankly smarter way of fighting without taking away from the fact that its Dragoon isn't giving commands.

Author: Ruxath

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewt...hilit=Achtelle

What do you think of this idea?
    I think it's cool and I would like to see SE consider this and implement as much of it as they can. Changing the skins of the pet shouldn't alter game balance and I don't understand why we haven't been given the option yet. Changing stats and behavior of the pet may be trickier than my understanding. I admit I know very little about coding but I have run D&D games back in the day and sometimes the smallest changes can have a huge impact on the game elsewhere. So it's my hope that SE can find a way to make this work without swinging everything else completely out of wack.
    (3)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanama View Post
    I don't think anyone would be opposed to this.

Art made by Naerko
    Wow, awesome. That's a pretty good example! I think around that size for a Lv99 Wyvern would of been perfect (As an option. I would never force any changes on a player that likes things as they are).

If that really is Urikorose, I remember teaming up with her back in the 75 days. Unfortunately, she disappeared. I owe her a complete Askar set.
    (3)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    True, it is a baby and is growing, but we don't know the life span of dragons in this setting. It could still be a baby long after you're dead.
    Of course if you are truly spirit linked to your Dragon, then it's life span may become yours, and if you've unlocked BLU, you are basically immortal anyway.
    (1)

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Would this decision be reversible?

"You're a DRG? Which wyvern do you use?"
    *denies party invite upon learning the DRG made the wrong choice*

For all its other faults, at least PUP has the right idea when versatility is concerned. I don't see how a wyvern could switch back and forth unless some other factor besides its natural evolution were involved. Maybe giving it an accessory?
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Forum activity must be at an all-time low. The last post in this thread was 2 months ago and it's listed as the second hottest topic...
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    As I've stated before, the size of a wyvern (Wyrmling) has nothing to due with level, only age. This being said, I do know that there is in fact a time progression within the walls of FFXI, but if you wanna argue that, then I'm gonna argue that you all should have had to make a dozen new characters by now as the fact remains that most of them would of died of old age. So in theory, FFXI is a world where time itself has come to a hold, all the while allowing us all to be immortal in age but allowing the days to come and go. Finally take into consideration that your wyvern companion has just hatched from an egg... It's a hatchling, not Bahamut.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Necro bump much?
    (0)

Player
    I liked this idea back in the day.... however i don't want a walking beast. perhaps the thing to do is just make it more in line with monstrosity update coming soon where we can equip our wyvern just like a pup can equip their automaton with certain gears to make it useful and attuned to more of the players playstyle. without permanently altering the wyvern.

another simple suggestion I'd like is just a quest to customize the color of Qiqiru. perhaps a primary and a secondary.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    Would this decision be reversible?

"You're a DRG? Which wyvern do you use?"
    *denies party invite upon learning the DRG made the wrong choice*

For all its other faults, at least PUP has the right idea when versatility is concerned. I don't see how a wyvern could switch back and forth unless some other factor besides its natural evolution were involved. Maybe giving it an accessory?
    I know this is an old post, but maybe something like Breathe of Fire 3's Dragon Gene system. Where you could collect genes ,or whatever SE wants to call them, and the dragon would turn into the type you have equipped? Might be kinda neat.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Actually.... IF they make a whole chain of AF4s... (modeled after GEO and RUN's... AF.... 1.... DX )
    I think it would be really cool to have, in place of the "AF weapon 2"... to have DRG gain an upgrade to their baby wyverns!
    I know I'd like to see that. (I don't play drg BTdubbs)
    (1)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 08-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5