Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Hello there,

Someone wrote this four years ago, though I think it applies well to this thread. Have a look:

Wyvern fulfilling the unspoken promise

"Grow strong little one, your life is not only your own you hold the dreams of those who were denied life within you"
    *With that the Last Dragoon faded*

Now then onto business, I have been thinking alot as of late on that fact that.. well we fight these now

As a Dragoon recently getting into the past I started searching through things and came upon this

is this simple teasing Square or a sign of things to come?

I know the issue is "Huge wyverns shake the ground when they walk. And they get in the way during battle" Raptors however do not
    therefor, what about Wyverns the size of Raptors as an addition to Vana'diel sometime in the future? Surely everyone notices it..
    The fact that dispite the Last Dragoon wishing nothing more than for our wyverns to grow strong they have stayed as hatchlings

My thought is: With the addition of Achtelle could there not be an optional quest given by her to Dragon Knights that will allow Wyverns
    to grow to the size of raptors? (a teen stage like the chocobo chick-teen-adult process in chocobo raising)
    Such a thing would need no wyvern stat increase, it would cause no in party issues for a Dragoon, It would however
    fulfill a humble request of a hero in Vana'diel and give knights that wish to see their partners become more than just hatchlings what they wish for,
    While allowing those who do not wish for change to avoid it. We Adventurers are getting into wars, our hatchlings look frail in compairison to
    the enemies we are now facing, and the partners of allies aswell. Dragoon at level 60 gain AF armor (which could be a requirement to unlock the quest)
    and those at 75 have gotten their Relic armor most of the time. Our partners however.. *sighs* anyway here it goes..

Achtelle - You are.. a Dragoon correct? Truely? I had heard that our kind had faded from these lands.. I see, this is your Wyvern is it?
    It seems to me that it is about to enter its next stage of life. Though its strange it has not done so already from the look of you.. Have you not
    sought out that which allows this change in your partner?
    *You shake your head explaining that you've never heard of such a thing.*
    Achtelle - So that is why.. hmm *looks lost in thought* I may have the answer. upon entering these lands I came across a cave where many wyvern
    seemed to be gathering. Not only adults either, younger wyverns were there... and even hatchlings such as yours. It is my guess that the energy you must seek
    is in that cave. It is in *area name* good luck.. *she salutes*

You dash to a cave in the area and soon find a "???" on the ground, Your wyvern feels something coming from this spot and begins to search. Suddenly two recently grown wyverns bearing an unholy crest return attacking viciously. Side by side the Dragoon and his partner fight the creatures eventually defeating them. Your wyvern then finds a place where light begins to shine and in a flash it becomes a more fearsome being. Its scales seem to become its armor, its teeth sharper and from its head small horns appear to be growing, its arms have fused into its wings giving them small claws at their arch, and the once small wyvern now stands tall a few moments before once again taking to the air..

Achtelle - It is done.. I congratulate you my friend on this, Your wyvern appears strong as its soul is. *she smiles and takes a bow* I look forward to seeing you on the battle field, until then I trust the two of you will look after one another well.

*the screen fades to black*

Concept Art I drew

And for Battle related ideas not connected to my thoughts on a quest

My Idea for offense:
    When you are in battle there are many (many) times (depending on if you are soloing or not) when you reach low HP
    your wyvern.. does nothing, it doesn't seem to care and keeps attacking the way it always does lol.. Now my idea for this is
    At say 50% HP
    (or perhaps something like 35% although that would make it pretty useless to add unless you don't have Dragoon AF or are soloing as /melee)
    Your Wyvern will gain the effect of Warcry (<Wyvern Name> has recieved the effect of warcry out of its desire to save <Player Name> basically)
    And then at 25% HP (or maybe 30-35%?) Your Wyvern could gain the effect of Haste (again, in its desire to protect you) That would make your wyvern seem more intelligent its not like it can't tell that you are in danger after all. And since Dragoon is the only (?) non-magical damage dealer without an attack raising status effect it would make sense that your Wyvern atleast would have one.

Now the idea for defense:
    There are times (rarely if you are doing your job right but there are still times) when your Wyvern will gain so much hate that it will draw the attention of the mob you are fighting. Now my idea for this is should your Wyvern lose a certain amount of HP (say it gets to 50-75%) it will use a counter attack that will be similar to jump in that it sheds some hate and at the same time it does damage and the lower its hp gets the more hate the counter attacks will shed untill it gets to a very critical point where it will do a high jump worthy hate shed to try and save its self (as if it gets to a point where my "partner" was letting me die I would get out of the way honestly)

This would give a Wyvern a more practical and frankly smarter way of fighting without taking away from the fact that its Dragoon isn't giving commands.

Author: Ruxath

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewt...hilit=Achtelle

What do you think of this idea?
    (8)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyen View Post

LOL! At this pictured following Daniel_Hatcher saying "How about you learn about the job first, 'kay!"
    (2)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    I would love a raptor sized wyvern, I would also love ANY option to customize my wyvern, Ive put over 8 years into drg on multiple accounts, they just need SOME customization. as for the whole losing the front legs thing, put legs on the front then :P or give seperate options on what it could grow into wyvern like in one dragon like in the other depending on which area you go to when raising it to the next level, same stats diff asthetics
    (3)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I would love SE to change the JA as what you call is not a wyvern.
    (1)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I would love SE to change the JA as what you call is not a wyvern.
    oh I agree all and the larger form should be a dragon but if Ive got to choose a bigger wyvern or nothing Im going to choose the bigger wyvern.
    (0)

Character
    Zangrel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 71
    I like Anucris's idea........put it round the lv 80 mark an give us a trial for changing our wyvern's stats an looks. we get trials for everything else.......even get the quest for tatic's pearl for our companion. I've just returned to the game after being gone 2 years........but loving some of the changes even tho there is no more dunes parties
    (2)
    Zangrel

Character
    Czephiroth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would love to see more customisation for my wyvern, Dragoon is a job I thoroughly enjoy.

I'm refering to being able to adjust looks more than anything else. I wouldn't mind being able to pick a particular hue for my wyvern via a short repeatable quest perhaps.
    (3)
    Last edited by Czeph; 08-31-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: clarification

Player
    If BSTs can get an Adamantoise then there's no reason why DRG can't get a larger wyvern.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    If BSTs can get an Adamantoise then there's no reason why DRG can't get a larger wyvern.
    Have you ever been in a party with a BST using the adamantoise pet? It's annoying as heck and I was almost on the verge of leaving that party, even though it was a static. If you want to make your wyvern super-sized, you'd better only play DRG solo.
    (0)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Supposedly, there are draketamers in Adoulin. That would be a better time than ever to spur an evolution in our monotone dragoon wyvern companion, but we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, if thou desires forbidden knowledge, I can tell you that the notoriety of all life on vana'diel is composed of four numbers, and every life breathed into existence upon your screen has grown in accordance with such numbers uniquely gifted to them. If thou wishes to get to the bottom of this hexed tale, their wyvern can become anything they wish it to be.
    (4)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast