Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1

Please Increase Comets Magic attack and accuracy (yes more)

This spell should be one of our most powerful spells. ATM it's pretty terrible for being "comet"...

I think I speak for many when I humbly ask you to increase the magic attack/Magic accuracy even at the expense of recast/mp costs.

Make this spell as powerful at it should be please. Why not? It's Comet. Comet/Meteor have/had been arguably ffxis most powerful elemental magic spells.
    (12)
    Last edited by Anewie; 01-22-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Agreed. I'm not big one things put into the game for trademark purposes if it's garbage. Remove the spell or beef it up, it's a joke and it insults all blms, as, it insults SE's image. It causes concerns about how trashy meteor is going to be, also, since comet sucks why won't meteor suck too.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    agreed and omg break is baSICALLY SLEEP4 or bind2.... why not name it one of those?

wtf?
    (0)

Player
    The point of comet was to give you guys a Tier5-strength Dark damage nuke. Also Break is unique because unlike sleep, it works well on undead and unlike bind, the target cannot hit you when you're near it.
    (14)

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    The point of comet was to give you guys a Tier5-strength Dark damage nuke. Also Break is unique because unlike sleep, it works well on undead and unlike bind, the target cannot hit you when you're near it.
    missing the point. ur right, but they still suck which is my point... so... yeah
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's still the strongest dark based attack available to players. I wouldn't say no to it becoming stronger of course, but it's rare for dark element to have meaningful damage ( Prior to it there were only a few options, like noctohelix)
    (2)

In my opinion I also feel that the spell was also primarily designed to be used as a single target version of the -ja spells and that it's primary purpose isn't to be used by a single person but instead to be used by multiple blms in a party similar to the opening movie.
    (8)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Meh, I'm okay with Comet's damage. The MP cost, however, could use some adjusting.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Bad time to mention Repose..? Sorry, had to make that comparison. Every 'sleep' spell effectively has a target it won't work well against. Repose can fail versus Light resistant targets, Sleep fails against dark resistant targets. Break, being earth based can fail versus Earth resistant targets. The basic effect still falls into the 'sleep' category rather than a true petrify or Bind.

On topic, however, Comet is a very disappointing spell in terms of damage, but it does at least have application versus opponents which are weak to Dark elements. I think the main reason players are disappointed with it isn't purely the damage, it's the fact that those few occasions where your opponent is weak to Dark element are so few and far between.
    (2)

I always thought this should of been usable only during manafront and does about 4-5x the damage it currently does. Same should apply for meteor when they release that, these should be blm power spells not fodder spells that you can cast whenever for weak damage.

A blm busting out comet should be something awesome, not a waste of mp or something to cast cause the timers are down on the better spells.
    (1)
    Last edited by Runespider; 01-22-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast