Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Seriha was listing atmas, so that was in Abyssea, not Dynamis (wrong alternate dimension).
    Yeah, that's what I meant to say. Brain fart.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    let me know if i'm wrong but isn Meteorite a BP from Carbuncle and lightbased?
    and Meteor should be a Neutral Element like the one from some Behemoth NMs ?
    Meteor and Comet are both Dark based (From Mobs, and Players).

But yes, Meteorite, is Carbuncle's level 55 Bloodpact. Either Mala was trolling or pointing out the stupidity of recent "BALANCE" Sprees by the Dev Team.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Meteor
    Meteor is not, to my knowledge, only Comet.

The original and prime user of Meteor, KB, is light based and highly vulnerable to dark attacks and effects. I suppose that doesn't automatically make Meteor Light, but with the exception of bombs most monsters aren't weak to the element they are associated with.

Unless the player version has been seen in the dat files with the name meteor and being dark based, in which case forget all that.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Meteor is not, to my knowledge, only Comet.

The original and prime user of Meteor, KB, is light based and highly vulnerable to dark attacks and effects. I suppose that doesn't automatically make Meteor Light, but with the exception of bombs most monsters aren't weak to the element they are associated with.

Unless the player version has been seen in the dat files with the name meteor and being dark based, in which case forget all that.
    Its light or Dark - Honestly, I know there were tests done on AV a long while back where i think Dark resist builds showed eons more resists.

Honestly its been so long I'd have to look it up. But im 99% positive, Its Darkness as well. It could use some retesting i suppose..
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 01-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah I agree, comet needs to be stronger
    (0)

6. 01-23-2012 06:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its light or Dark - Honestly, I know there were tests done on AV a long while back where i think Dark resist builds showed eons more resists.

Honestly its been so long I'd have to look it up. But im 99% positive, Its Darkness as well. It could use some retesting i suppose..
    String Table Entry|218|Meteor|Magic Help Message.|BlackMagic|Special|Enemy|ElementalMagic||1|8s|10s|15|00 (0)
    String Table Entry|219|Comet|Deals dark damage to an enemy. Successive use enhances spell potency.|BlackMagic|Dark|Enemy|ElementalMagic|94BLM|367|11s|1m|15|00 (0)
    String Table Entry|244|Meteor II|Magic Help Message.|BlackMagic|Light|Enemy|ElementalMagic|75WHM/75BLM/75RDM|150|18s|52s|14|00 (0)

Directly from the spell data files.

I checked my earliest archive of spell data (March 2008), Meteor is unchanged. I think that meteor is the same type of damage as Chi Blast or Spirits Within.

And Meteor II is a new spell. No idea why the jobs on it are on it, it may be a placeholder for the player-castable version.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    @the OP

Comet has always been underwhelming in most games I can think that they've actually put it in instead of just Meteor. FFIV is the first time I can think of it being introduced, where it was a Twin Spell, took forever to cast, and wasn't worth the time. FFV it was a Time Magic spell, and again Comet's damage was lackluster. The only reason I ever kept Time Magic set was for Quick. FFVII was the next use, and while Comet 2 was alright, the original again was sorta lacking. IX it came in again... with a chance to MISS. And the damage was never really impressive compared to other non-elemental spells.

My point with this summary is that Comet has never been overly potent in the past. It's still a nice dark-based nuke that does far more damage than any other dark damage ability we've had in the past (aside from Lunar Bay if you have the right gear/atma). MP Cost? I agree it could be better. But in terms of comparing it to the past, Comet has never been that high on the nuke power list. Meteor? Meteor I can see being the ultimate black magic spell, as in many games it's been shown as either the ultimate magic or been incredibly powerful.

Now, I wouldn't complain if it was boosted, not by a long shot... but where it is? It's about on par with the past.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    String Table Entry|218|Meteor|Magic Help Message.|BlackMagic|Special|Enemy|ElementalMagic||1|8s|10s|15|00 (0)
    String Table Entry|219|Comet|Deals dark damage to an enemy. Successive use enhances spell potency.|BlackMagic|Dark|Enemy|ElementalMagic|94BLM|367|11s|1m|15|00 (0)
    String Table Entry|244|Meteor II|Magic Help Message.|BlackMagic|Light|Enemy|ElementalMagic|75WHM/75BLM/75RDM|150|18s|52s|14|00 (0)

Directly from the spell data files.

I checked my earliest archive of spell data (March 2008), Meteor is unchanged. I think that meteor is the same type of damage as Chi Blast or Spirits Within.

And Meteor II is a new spell. No idea why the jobs on it are on it, it may be a placeholder for the player-castable version.
    Are you sure you're looking in the right place? There are several old string tables in the data files that are unused leftovers from content that was cut from the game. After all, why would Meteor II, were it to be coming, be level 75 when Meteor is to be level 99?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Meteor and Comet are both Dark based (From Mobs, and Players).

But yes, Meteorite, is Carbuncle's level 55 Bloodpact. Either Mala was trolling or pointing out the stupidity of recent "BALANCE" Sprees by the Dev Team.
    I was aiming for both. Also, Holy and Meteor were usually around the equal power as well (just single target vs AOE) so SE can still run with their "lore" design and screw us all over without feeling the least bit ashamed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Atma of the cosmos doesn't have the MAB that beyond does. You can't merit dark potency. The Magian staff only applies to that spell so people use plutos. That's why it's weaker. However it is too much MP.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast