Player

Solution to Wyvern Breath weaknesses in Voidwatch.

Remove Elemental Wyvern Breath from the list of potential weaknesses in Voidwatch and subsequently add Smiting Breath to the list of Dragoon Job Abilities for weaknesses. Problem solved.
    (0)

The only JAs that trigger weakness are ones that target the mob. Smiting breath targets yourself so it wouldn't fit the standard.

edit: derp, was thinking of my restore breath macro, sorry!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragonlord; 01-24-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Player
    That's funny, because last I checked /ja "Smiting Breath" <t> is in my macro not <me>.
    (0)

Character
    Dragongod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    A more viable solution would be to add ammo items that affect which affect which breath a Drg's wyvern would use next. Generally they wouldn't be practical because you'd want angon or threw bomblet equiped, so they'd only be useful in situations like VoidWatch.

Heck, Bsts already use something similar with pet foods. Why not do the same thing with Drg?
    (0)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Because I really don't want to have to carry another 6 pieces of equipment.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonGod View Post
    A more viable solution would be to add ammo items that affect which affect which breath a Drg's wyvern would use next. Generally they wouldn't be practical because you'd want angon or threw bomblet equiped, so they'd only be useful in situations like VoidWatch.

Heck, Bsts already use something similar with pet foods. Why not do the same thing with Drg?
    Too complicated, think simpler. Make it similar to pup's maneuvers. Instead of a generic "smiting breath" we'd get 6 breaths all sharing the same cooldown that execute each elemental breath. No inv+, and no added JA timer issue that's been happening with drg.
    (0)