Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mystaticromance
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Now that we are at 99

I posted a while back, and all I got was, "Do a mythic!" Thanks, but if the original post was actually read...I said that it would be a great idea to make an end-all, be-all damage staff for BLMs. This would include having to obtain the relic, mythic, empyrean, AND all elemental damage staves.

I still think that this is a great idea, and I think the devs should look into this. I want a staff that differentiates good BLMs from great BLMs. Make us obtain the following:

99 Claustrum
    99 Laevateinn
    99 Hvergelmir
    99 Dark Magic Damage Staff
    99 Light Magic Damage Staff
    99 Fire Magic Damage Staff
    99 Ice Magic Damage Staff
    99 Water Magic Damage Staff
    99 Wind Magic Damage Staff
    99 Thunder Magic Damage Staff
    99 Earth Magic Damage Staff

The idea is to obtain all of these staves and trade them in to upgrade each one. For example, if you trade in the 99 Ice and Thunder Damage Staves, you will get back one staff that has the SAME attributes for both elements on ONE staff. This would condense inventory space and make for one bad ass weapon.

It would eventually culminate in one staff that is dramatically more powerful than all of the rest. It is not meant to be easy to obtain, this is meant for players who are serious about BLM.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    i'd also like to combine my pdt sword and my almace
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Take off the relic, mythic, empyrean (and maybe dark/light) and I'd get behind this.

Otherwise, ugh no.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    -mdt / -pdt sword ..... adding pdt to almace is too powerful
    (1)

Character
    Joyroth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I am sorry. Gaining a relic and a mythic staff does not define a good BLM from a great BLM.

Needless to say. If SE where to combine the magian staves then they would need to do it for the other weapons as well.
    (2)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Just. Plain. NO.

That is all
    (5)

Character
    Mystaticromance
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyroth View Post
    I am sorry. Gaining a relic and a mythic staff does not define a good BLM from a great BLM.

Needless to say. If SE where to combine the magian staves then they would need to do it for the other weapons as well.
    This could absolutely start a trend for SE to combine other weapons. I'm all for optimizing inventory space.

And I never said having these made you great. I said I want a staff that differentiates good from great. This is a suggestion to attain that.
    (0)

Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    Not necessarily.

There is a difference between looking the part and playing the part. I'm not knocking your idea here because it's not a terrible idea, but I hardly think a player should be considered great just because they have awesome items. That's the problem with some players, unfortunately, is that they assume that having RA/EX or high end gear makes them uber players, but at the end of the day, a 75DRK soloing Robber Crabs in full Plastron is just an idiot.

(Yes, I realize that Plastron isn't exactly cool these days, but it was THE gear to have once upon a time and I'm not familiar with all the new stuff yet.)
    (0)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyen View Post
    Not necessarily.

There is a difference between looking the part and playing the part. I'm not knocking your idea here because it's not a terrible idea, but I hardly think a player should be considered great just because they have awesome items. That's the problem with some players, unfortunately, is that they assume that having RA/EX or high end gear makes them uber players, but at the end of the day, a 75DRK soloing Robber Crabs in full Plastron is just an idiot.

(Yes, I realize that Plastron isn't exactly cool these days, but it was THE gear to have once upon a time and I'm not familiar with all the new stuff yet.)
    it was never The gear, it was THE gear for gimps
    (0)

Character
    Mystaticromance
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyen View Post
    Not necessarily.

I absolutely see your point. Understanding what to do in various situations is what makes you great. Being able to parse at the top of the BLMs and not die or force hate to bounce ridiculously made you great. Being able to solo various mobs and NMs throughout the various level caps, made you great. I'm assuming that if all things else are equal, the ability to wield one weapon would be amazing. For the longest time (specifically, before the 75 cap increased), I never had the best or probably what people would consider great gear but I still out-parsed and pulled hate less than most BLMs that I have played with.

One really powerful weapon could certainly facilitate the removal of some inventory headaches that we currently face. I still think that it would be bad-ass and that those who put the work in, should be rewarded. There could even be different paths that you take. As one person mentioned, taking the relic and mythic out of the equation, possible creating 4 different paths with the relic/mythic/empy being at the backbone of each one or choosing the path that requires all 3. That would certainly add different tiers of challenge to the task.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast