Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackan View Post
    I would like you to show me what gear you used to get 176 MAB
    I was calculating with +40 from gear, as I said above. +36 from the job trait, for a total of +76 MAB. Since MAB is calculated as a multiplier, the base is 1.0 and every MAB point will add 1%, so 0.01. +40 from gear equals +0.4 and +36 from traits equals +0.36, so added to the base of 1.0 it will give you 1.0+0.36+0.4 = 1.76 (not 176). And +40 from gear is pretty low these days, you can get that from five items. A more realistic set would be +50, in which case the increase from another +60 from Laevateinn would be 2.46/1.86 = 32%. And it only gets worse from there. Every MAB you gain outside of your staff will make the staff decrease in value. Assume a future with +100 MAB in nuking sets. That would mean Laevateinn would only add another 25% to your total damage. That's not the case with Affinity staves. Damage affinity will multiply the damage seperately from MAB calculations, so you'd still get +35% damage from the trial staves, which means they'd be 8% better than the mythic in that scenario (consistantly).
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    What so confusing, how does any of that make sense...

40 mab from gear is 40% ?

Well maybe they will fix gonna get it anywy lol.. so confusing... my head is spinning

SEEMS THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS THAT SE NEEDS TO FIX THE MYTHIC... NO FLAT BONUS, MAKE IT AN AFFINITY!
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4