Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think we are getting off topic.
    Look Mystaticromance I understand (as a career blm) that you want more inventory space and want to optimize your spells. However, There is no way in hell that SE would go for your idea... it is not because it is not inventive, but because simple put the resulting staff would be overpowered (as it should be if you are combining all of the endgame staffs) and god knows that we deserve something powerful after the joke that is empy-staff. It boils down to what this DEV team considers balance...
    Now something as massive of your weapon idea might not be possible.. but what if there was a lvl 99 staff that was similar to the day/weather augmenting gear? or even one that would double the damage of an elemental magic critical proc?
    We need to suggest things that are viable, as the DEV team will ignore most "far fetched" ideas, just look at our threads... how many responses from DEVs do we have? Like 3 ... Black Mage is sadly not a focus for the DEV team, something that I have sadly had to accept after playing sense NA release. Maybe one day we will get our super staff.. but until then the Magic Accuracy +10 "Magic Atk. Bonus" +50 of the Laevateinn (90) looks good to me!
    (0)

Character
    Syuveil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    They could make a singular obi that had all the effects of the 8 individual ones too. I'm sick of carrying 10 staves and 8 obi around all the time.
    (2)

Character
    Joyroth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroUnlimited View Post
    They could make a singular obi that had all the effects of the 8 individual ones too. I'm sick of carrying 10 staves and 8 obi around all the time.
    It would be a good idea! Maybe done via Synergy.
    Just the same for each of the Magian staves. All eight formed into one. Or perhaps. If a player where to place two or more weapons that had similar effect. It would fuse the weapons together making a single weapon with the effects of the weapons placed into the furnace.
    (0)

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    exaggeration but.....

Lets say we are not talking about ele staves.. Lets say you go through a lotta work and you get a shield that is -100% pdt, and a SEPARATE shield thats -100%MDT.

Someone plz explain to me the mechanic that actually makes pushing a quick button to change shields any different than just combining it? You went through all the work to get the 2, by themselves they are overpowered. How is it more overpowered if you combine it? I am not arguing either way, i just want to understand.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackan View Post
    Lets say we are not talking about ele staves.. Lets say you go through a lotta work and you get a shield that is -100% pdt, and a SEPARATE shield thats -100%MDT.

Someone plz explain to me the mechanic that actually makes pushing a quick button to change shields any different than just combining it? You went through all the work to get the 2, by themselves they are overpowered. How is it more overpowered if you combine it? I am not arguing either way, i just want to understand.
    Actually, for almost every other gear slot it would not be (more) overpowered to combine them. But for shield in particular, it would allow you to have both effects on without losing TP through swapping shields. So that could be one argument against it.

However (assuming the item was for another, TP-less slot), in general people who argue against this are the people who think it takes skill to macro items based on damage type. I'm not fully disagreeing with them either, because some people aren't aware of which attacks are magical and which physical, or mix them up in the heat of the battle, or are simply not quick enough to react, so they would have a great advantage from a combined option. However, skilled players would not be affected much by combining them, other than gaining one inventory slot, which is a welcome addition in my eyes. So worst case, it makes noob players better, which, personally, I don't have a problem with.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Thats what I thought... People are just nitpicky.. Main hand/sub slots affect keeping to... Staves and clubs though mages are not affected by that. If you physically HAVE said weapons should be able to combine...no valid reason not to
    (0)

Character
    Shadowviper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Mages have been asking for something like this for ages because even witht he lv 50 staves we were forced to carry 8 different weapons of the same type just to do our job. No other classes HAVE to do this most melee bring other types of weapons (gax,axe, sword). Yes some with ToM have created situational pieces, pdt, attack, and what not, but before you head to a fight you know the situation and arent' forced to bring all of them with you, some better players will just to be prepared but you dont NEED all of them during the fight.

With the staves they took the concept of the lv 51 ele staves they took the concept of ele infinity further but the way the implimented it was they divided the paths in 3 (not 2 someone mentioned) a mab path, macc path and perp path. So now if you are a versatile mage your forced to own 24 different weapons of the same type to play these jobs, or are forced to just stick with the lv 51 weapons if you dont have the inventory.

Melee complain that if we combine for mages we should do it for them. Again its not like melee have to change weapons for each type of ws they use and to tp in, if they need a different weapon of the same type its usually because a very specific condition (tanking, spamming a specific ws, an effect of the weapon) is requiring that and you stay with the same weapon through out the fight unless the situation drastically changes again. Yet mages to do their job right need to change weapons for every type of spell we use (our version of going from tp, to ws's), the only mage that knows before hand that its primarily going to cast one type of spell is whm they can bring just a cure staff and they are set.

If you take melee weapons and combine stats the weapon now has impvoved ability under all circumstances versus either of those weapons w/o combined stats. Where combining affinities any one spell is still the same strength as using it w/o the combined weapon. Why this wouldn't apply to all weapons.

One thing to add insult ontop of all this is they add tp gained on nuking making that tp a waste since we are most likely going to swap out staves before we get to use the TP.

My suggestion for balance would be one of 3 things:

One prolly the simplest, have a trial to combine all the mab staves into a single magic affinity dmg increase. Do the same thing for macc and perp giving us 3 seperate staves - one for mab, one for macc, and one for perp. This IMO is the best option since again your not combinging the stats of mab/macc/perp allowing a mage to nuke harder/more accurate or have a low perp on pet and nuker harder. This would fit more to how melee bring weapons for different situations, we need to do more dmg we use mab, we need to land more we bring macc, we need cheaper pets we bring perp.

Another option would be do somthing similiar to the lv 51 staves but at a higher lv still requiring us to carry 8 staves but they have overall affinity to one element these staves would not be as good as the current ToM lv 99's but somewhere in between the 51 and the 99s for balance closer to the 99s than the 51s. This would be an improvement over the 51's keeping our inventory usage the same as they would be the direct upgrade to the HQ 51s.

Last option would be a single staff that combines all the traits of the 51s. Again this wouuld be between the 51s and the 99s but the affinity lv would be less than that of the above so closer to the 51 stats versus closer to 99 ToM stats. This would be the option of one staff to sorta do it all but not overpowering those that put in the effort to do ToM and not to create a "we need to combine stats on melee weapons to give us a all in one weapon".
    (0)

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Really all they need to do is make the mythic weapon a 6 or higher affinity go all elements. Or maybe just the 6 elements. Then again I would like someone to explain how 60
    Mab is not better than 6 affinity OUTSIDE of abyssea and voidwatch
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackan View Post
    Really all they need to do is make the mythic weapon a 6 or higher affinity go all elements. Or maybe just the 6 elements. Then again I would like someone to explain how 60
    Mab is not better than 6 affinity OUTSIDE of abyssea and voidwatch
    60 MAB on top of the native +36 and +40 (for example) from gear means 1.76 MAB without Laevateinn. With, that would rise to 2.36. 2.36/1.76 = 1.34, which means a 34% increase in damage. Affinity +x gives a 5*(x+1)% bonus, so Affinity +6 would equal magic damage +35%. 40 MAB is pretty low in gear too, the higher you get the less impact Laevateinn's 60 MAB will have (anything lower than 35 MAB in gear, Laevateinn would win, anything above it would lose, so realistically, always).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I would like you to show me what gear you used to get 176 MAB

And 2.. if all i am losing like 1% or 2% that doesnt bother me, I would be willng to lose more when mythic actually does work like an all in and one and a good one.

1% isnt that big a deal, then again i guess some peeps just care more about absolute max cappings.

But , what gear gives you 176 MAB, you get 40 from job trait.

So i guess the question is what gear gives you 136 MAB? i found a gear set but it gives like 104 total, including JT
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast