View Poll Results: Which option would you prefer at the top of the list when using an outpost teleport?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gil (current format)

121 42.46%
  • Conquest Points (change it)

164 57.54%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Please change it to:
    • Conquest Points
    • Gil
    • Cancel
    I was so used to hitting up and enter for OPing before the option to spend CP was added that now I keep hitting CP instead of Gil by mistake.
    Who on EARTH instinctively uses the up arrows on NPC menus in this? SE almost always starts us on the bottom of a (usually extensive) list. The option we start on is the least desirable. At the top of the list is typically the most desirable option. Therefore, I usually hold left as soon as I start talking to the NPC so I can just skip to the top of the bullshit menu. Do you scroll through atma one at a time to get to the "Next page" option? I don't; I use the right arrow to skip to it. The menus are NOT suited for the up and down arrows most of the time.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    On the menu as it is now:

Pressing left will select Gil
    Pressing up will select CP
    Pressing nothing will select cancel.

Both options take a single button press to reach. I repeat, this is a non-issue.
    (1)

the problem I think is it may be requiring a retraining of the brain for long term players. There are simply some sequences of button presses you come to do instinctively over time and you aren't actually reading what you're accepting (like, getting sanction/signet, posting/buying things on the AH....I've had lots of people goof and buy a 1-5k item from me for 10-50k because they didn't catch they went one space too far to the left and just "auto" accepted their bid without reading it).

Since they are considering changing it while it is still new and people haven't been retrained to the new menu order, there is no harm in changing it to either option (CP/Gil/Cancel or Gil/Cancel/CP) as it puts things back to behaving as it used to for those who instinctively just hit up and accept for the service.
    (3)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Mohit
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I vote to have the last used option highlighted when you go back to the OP again.
    (2)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    gil on top
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    Please keep the current one. I have always chosen the option by holding left on the controller to go to the top of the list. Changing it based on these people who press up is alienating the people who press left.. The simplest solution is
    Gil
    Cancel
    Conquest Points

This would make both sides happy by allowing both up arrow and left arrow to choose the same option while allowing the people who finally got a new option (conquest points) to choose theres
    What am I on, 8thing this? This is by far the best option with default to cancel.

If shot down, I vote for no change.
    Gil
    Conquest points
    Cancel
    (0)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    Please keep the current one. I have always chosen the option by holding left on the controller to go to the top of the list. Changing it based on these people who press up is alienating the people who press left.. The simplest solution is
    Gil
    Cancel
    Conquest Points

This would make both sides happy by allowing both up arrow and left arrow to choose the same option while allowing the people who finally got a new option (conquest points) to choose theres
    My vote is for this
    (1)

no real preference, so keep it as it is, gil 1st.

bit of advice, to actually solicit opinions without all the extra commentary so you can just plug it into your tabulator you might want to set up a radio button only voting system. Have it tied to content IDs to prevent people from voting more than once, at least without buying another full version of the game (i.e. I have 1 main char and 15 mules, I get 1 vote). also lets you show your raw data in a simple incontrovertable form if the player-base attacks you guys (think back to the beast jug pet poll).
    (0)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I 'unno about you guys... but those CP reaaaally add up and i don't do enough legacy content to make up for it whereas gil is ridiculously easy to obtain.
    (0)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    Who on EARTH instinctively uses the up arrows on NPC menus in this? SE almost always starts us on the bottom of a (usually extensive) list. The option we start on is the least desirable. At the top of the list is typically the most desirable option. Therefore, I usually hold left as soon as I start talking to the NPC so I can just skip to the top of the bullshit menu. Do you scroll through atma one at a time to get to the "Next page" option? I don't; I use the right arrow to skip to it. The menus are NOT suited for the up and down arrows most of the time.
    Well, when it was a menu with 2 options for the last 7 or so years, I think it just becomes a habit to do when I hit the OP NPC. Hell, I usually have hit these keys before the menu has completely loaded. And no I use left or right to navigate atma menus quickly, fyi. Nice little unprovoked personal attack though.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast