Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    But they are possible, according to ffxiclopedia, though they do have ~20 possible augs listed.
    Sure, I think it could be possible too, but the odds of getting Str/Att on Byakko's Haidate would be astronomically low lol

BG Forums have MUCH better info when it comes to augmenting gear.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104...nergy-Augments
    (2)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I DD BRD a little bit, I'm currently using the Aluh Jambiya and the Oynos (unless I'm getting haste, then I use a Yataghan).

BRD/DNC in Aby is actually pretty viable, you have haste samba, pretty decent cures and a pretty effective stun.

In terms of Atma, you can drop Minikin for RR and Merciless Matriarch for Apoc, it's not that much of a stretch to drop Deep Devourer for Sanguine Scythe either.
    (2)
    Last edited by Flionheart; 04-06-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Okay guys so I've been doing Qilin a bit recently and was lucky enough to get a Lux Pugio. Think it's better than a STR dagger from TOTM? Kinda nice to see +35 DEX for TP with it! I just wasn't sure if it was worth giving up the STR and attack.
    (3)

Character
    Thelona
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/246886

My tp set atm. Str Thokcha
    I suppose some pieces can be moved around (mars's ring, paewr belt, angel lyre) for situational stuff. beyond that would love some critique.

Ws sets not so good atm, still working on them (maat's cap, 2nd stormsoul, etc) might post them later
    (1)
    Last edited by Thelona; 04-29-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Let's talk Shattersoul!

Recently I've been doing Voidwatch on /NIN or /DNC! Been a ton of fun! Things like Akvan and Qilin are so easy that there's really no reason not to go in there and help beat up stuff! Sometimes, however, I will go back to /WHM to help out with magic staggers or even get a few extra staff and club weaponskills. Since I've been doing this, I decided to merit staff/Shattersoul to max. I was wondering about gear sets for it. With about 120k and some already random gear I have about +60 INT:

Weapon: I need to get that stupid Prov staff. No way around it. The base damage and other stats are just too good to ignore.
    Sub: Pole Grip (Double Attack +2)
    Oliphant
    Sceamol Band (14 Attack/5 Double Attack)
    Feud Pendant (7 INT)
    Spike Earring (+5 Attack/1 STR/1 CHR, I got an AMAZING augment on it back in the day!)
    Brutal Earring (Double Attack +5)
    Praeco Doublet (INT +15)
    Errant Cuffs (INT +5)
    Mars's Ring (8 Attack/ACC)
    Diamond Ring (+7 INT total)
    Potentia Cape (+6 STR/INT)
    Pent. Rope (+5 INT, I need that stupid Cognition Belt, easy enough to get)
    Nisse Slack (+8 INT)
    Nebula Pigaches (+6 INT)

I'm looking for the best possible setup that I could get as well as some easy or cheap to make upgrades.
    (0)

Character
    Thelona
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Edit: Read that Oneiros ring works at exactly 100mp so disregard any parts on being over 100. HP merits for lief!!!

Most of this is eyeball math, but what I think might be ideal for that staff.

TP Set

This should barely hit a 9 hit build on /whm, 8 sacrifices quite a bit. For Oneiros ring the set will also have over 100 mp, so no need to think about merits there, another perk of the staff.
    Since you mentioned VW proccing and such, I suppose you can take or leave the X-hit since if you're like me you leave your DD atmas on anyway and very likely getting Cor rolls since you should be in the DD party.

Shattersoul

Some items seemed like a close call, again eyeball math. Atheling's double attack put me in favor of it over potentia, and the raw str/att/acc of relic +2 body vs. Praeco will probably help deal with lower skill and stats we have. Zenith+1 gloves with int augment would match most other gloves here, but I went on the assumption that the gear mp would be your only mp for Oneiros during tp, so change as you see fit there.

I'm taking an interest in this as well now so I would love to see the numbers and fine tuning if a mathie sees this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Thelona; 10-16-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Nice to see more people looking into Shattersoul on Brd.

I wouldn't suggest ever using ammo pieces on Brd though, it's not worth the TP loss since you will eventually have to use an instrument again, even if not in your TP set up. TP set ups should generally always try to include Angel Lyre as well, since we're the only fortunate job that can benefit from having a rare 2% Haste in such a slot.

In regards to the last update (Meebles gear pretty much), I was quite disappointed in the new DD gear for Brd. Bendis' Hairpin is interesting as a possible TP piece if you don't need Zelus' extra haste. The Acc+15, Att+5, DA+3 Mantle (cannot think of proper name) looks quite nice as well. I was mostly just sad that Brd couldn't use the Nemetona Cap, along with many other jobs that could've gotten use out of it.
    (0)

Character
    Thelona
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    iirc you can change ammo/instruments freely without losing tp
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelona View Post
    iirc you can change ammo/instruments freely without losing tp
    Oh wow, you can! I always thought it worked like it did with Animator and such, where switching from Animator -> Ammo would keep TP, but going from Ammo -> Animator would lose TP. But it doesn't! Unless Animator/Ammo stuff was changed so that you can freely change now...
    (0)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Can't believe I've never replied to this thread...

This is more or less my WS macro (it's a few months old now, but eh) for Mercy Stroke. Got my Mandau exclusively for BRD (THF is level 50, will never level it past that; BRD is the only reason I still play XI ):

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/214392
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2