Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    What situations would it be used in?
    LS starting VW. No temps. Good PLD and so-so DD. Augmenting the PLD defense capabilities might end up being more useful than augmenting his offensive capabilities. That cactaur NM in altepa comes to mind. VW is still a challenge when people can't pop fanatics left and right.

Again not meaning to pick fights but there are times where a different strategy than what is popular will work for a group that has a different makeup than most.

Personally I still will likely end up in DD party rolling tacticians/chaos/misers type rolls. But I'd never say an roll is totally useless unless it clearly couldn't add anything to anyone (former Gallants roll fell in that category). We could argue that most BRD songs are useless too since they only sing a small selection for the most part as well.

If we get a 3rd roll I can see Healer's roll/Gallants roll/Tacticians roll helping me solo COR/DNC in Dynamis for some of those relic+2 quests.
    (2)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    LS starting VW. No temps. Good PLD and so-so DD. Augmenting the PLD defense capabilities might end up being more useful than augmenting his offensive capabilities. That cactaur NM in altepa comes to mind. VW is still a challenge when people can't pop fanatics left and right.

Again not meaning to pick fights but there are times where a different strategy than what is popular will work for a group that has a different makeup than most.

Personally I still will likely end up in DD party rolling tacticians/chaos/misers type rolls. But I'd never say an roll is totally useless unless it clearly couldn't add anything to anyone (former Gallants roll fell in that category). We could argue that most BRD songs are useless too since they only sing a small selection for the most part as well.

If we get a 3rd roll I can see Healer's roll/Gallants roll/Tacticians roll helping me solo COR/DNC in Dynamis for some of those relic+2 quests.
    You don't seem to understand how Healer's Roll works.

1) It doesn't affect Waltzes.

2) Healer's Roll is useless because any White Mage, Red Mage, or really Mage of any color should be able to cap Cure Potency already. If they have 50% Cure Potency in gear, then Healer's Roll does nothing at all.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Yeah I just had a look again. I thought they were combining the effects of waltz and Cure Potency received to one effect. After re-reading it I realized its staying separate.

But they are changing the cap so that cure potency caps at 50% and Cure potency received is on a separate cap of 30%. So it makes Healer's roll less useless since most people can't cap cure potency received. Its just a shame that it likely has to be rolled on the people being cured rather than the mage doing the casting.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Player
    Check the updates GG. The cure potency received effect is now calculated separately from cure potency and has its own cap of 30%.

I'm still skeptical of the need for increased potency at the cost of other rolls for the frontline jobs, and more than a little sore about the loss of hMP, but for now I'm gonna sit back and wait for the dust to settle a little before flying off the handle again.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Check the updates GG. The cure potency received effect is now calculated separately from cure potency and has its own cap of 30%.

I'm still skeptical of the need for increased potency at the cost of other rolls for the frontline jobs, and more than a little sore about the loss of hMP, but for now I'm gonna sit back and wait for the dust to settle a little before flying off the handle again.
    Derrrrp, I suck. This is interesting I guess.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Have to see what Legion offers in the way of atmas/temps too. Might be that melees will need dancer's/gallant's and healer's full time just so the mages don't have to stop and rest. But maybe not.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    or really Mage of any color should be able to cap Cure Potency already. If they have 50% Cure Potency in gear, then Healer's Roll does nothing at all.
    That's not true, at this point of time the max cure potency BLU can get is only 26%~31%......sword 10% shield 5% back 4% legs 4% head 3%, and 5% from hand+feet but you should be using AF3+2 hand +morri feet for BLU cure outside of abby.

Also 90%+ of WHM I met have no capped cure potency, just saying.

Either way SE is changing cure potency formula, so we'll see.
    (0)

WHM can cap cure potency in like 3-4 pieces of gear... that's pretty god awful.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

As a result of the development team’s investigation as well as feedback we received, we will be once again changing the effect of Gallant’s Roll from “damage reduction” to “increased defense.”

This roll’s defense increase effect will increase a character’s defense by a percentage, so characters with already high defense will benefit largely from this.

As a different idea we looked into “physical damage reduction,” but the effect itself increased by a percentage, which made it not possible to make the effect values very large thus creating the concern that the roll itself wouldn’t be too useful. Paladin’s who have a wealth of damage reduction gear would cap out too easily and attackers/back-line jobs would become disproportionate by having this along with other high defense stats, so we determined this to be an unrealistic route.
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

This is interesting, I suppose. However, it's not really going to do too much in the meta-game so long as Monster cRatio has a lower bound of 1.0.

As it stands now, there are literally no benefits to having Defense greater than any given monster's Attack. The whole stat is kinda broken =/.

Not so much a Gallant's Roll complaint as it is a tangent about player Defense in general. It's such a sad stat.
    (12)

I will have my revenge!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast