Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    My Redemption is 90, with 1/4 of my plates collected. I have friends.

It's also not wrong to request a minor adjustment to Quietus because not everyone has the time or inclination (or lack of sanity far as Mythic) to go with other options. That being the case, a small reward for those people who choose to make a Redemption because it suits them and their resources would be a very nice thing.

Could I do an Apoc? Sure, 2 times over, but I choose to stick with my guns. I like my Redemption. I like the concept of Empyrean weapons and what it brought to casual players because it wasn't too difficult to acquire. A little love never hurt, nor does a little respect for alternate choices.

No I 100% Agree Quietus needs a buff.

I was faceplaming "I still don't see much to get excited over except its golden, its shiny and it gives DRKS with no whm or rdm friends a minute of haste at 300 tp" which doesn't accurately describe what Apoc does or why its one of the best weapons in the game.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    From the examples I've been given by standing next to many DRK with Apoc, that's exactly what it is. None of them are also forthcoming with a decent, respectable explanation that isn't drowning in mathematical formulas I've already looked at. A lot of things look good on paper or in theory, but so far I've seen complete failure in practice. That is my reason for being heavily sarcastic with Apoc being the Be All End All. That doesn't mean I have a lack of respect for any GOOD DRK that can handle their weapons.

If you are as good as you say you are, you have my respect Sir.

Thank you for the discussion, btw. It's been entertaining and enjoyable.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    apoc makes for a superior 5 hit build by a long shot and with the buff to the ws it's our second strongest ws for scythe. at 99 I believe that it will at least tie if not beat entropy too and the superior 5 hit build pulls it ahead, add in 20% static odd too etc.

I'm sorry that you hate math, but well do math and you'd know.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    apoc makes for a superior 5 hit build by a long shot and with the buff to the ws it's our second strongest ws for scythe. at 99 I believe that it will at least tie if not beat entropy too and the superior 5 hit build pulls it ahead, add in 20% static odd too etc.

I'm sorry that you hate math, but well do math and you'd know.

I'll raise you, superior gear sets and flexibility, a WS that goes through shadows and drains back 30-70% of its damage and35acc.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah, Scythe is just in that category of 'Get This One or You're Foolish'. I don't think anyone wants it to be that cut and dry, but honestly it just is right now. The Empy Scythe would be a lot more attractive if it had a better WS.

At least with GSWD you have Caladbolg for PLDs and Ragnarok for everyone else. For some jobs you really only have 1 choice or no good choices. What's even worse is when your one good choice is a mythic. It's still really unclear how potent Mythics are for most jobs at 90+. I would love to say just go for a Mythic, but honestly that's a pretty steep price to pay for just going on a whim.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    I'll raise you, superior gear sets and flexibility, a WS that goes through shadows and drains back 30-70% of its damage and35acc.
    i was trying to avoid the drain aspect of it since apparantly that's a bad thing? I really have no idea anymore. Still entropy is fun and drk/war has been quite a bit of fun in VW recently.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3