Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I just started working on a Redemption... and it is such a pain to work on compared to other empyreans. Why do Ninjas get a stupidly high damaging weapon skill for an empyrean which is easy to get, but DRKs get a poor WS on a more difficult to get Empy?

I have been a Scythe Dark Knight since 2004, I would love for my new empyrean to blow mobs away, and to make me feel proud to wield a scythe, and keep up with all the Caladbolg DRKs.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    I just started working on a Redemption... and it is such a pain to work on compared to other empyreans. Why do Ninjas get a stupidly high damaging weapon skill for an empyrean which is easy to get, but DRKs get a poor WS on a more difficult to get Empy?

I have been a Scythe Dark Knight since 2004, I would love for my new empyrean to blow mobs away, and to make me feel proud to wield a scythe, and keep up with all the Caladbolg DRKs.

Scythe path isn't that bad. Chloris is super easy to Duo. Just cap amber then go around farming KIs and pops. I did my Vere in just a few nights. The 2nd stage is one of the easiest for all emps esp now that Amun is always up and the 3rd stage I dual boxed myself in 4-5 evenings.

The real question is why bother? Redemption is very lack luster, you could probably take the time and farm Dynamis for Apoc instead of Abyssea for Redemption.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Why does this always come back to "Get an Apoc"?? Some people don't -want- to and would like alternatives to break the strangled tedium of a player base expectation and enjoy themselves with a shiny bloody red weapon. That is all I shall say.

Back to the OP, and proud to support!

Fix .. my .. Quietus! Thank you.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    Why does this always come back to "Get an Apoc"?? Some people don't -want- to and would like alternatives to break the strangled tedium of a player base expectation and enjoy themselves with a shiny bloody red weapon. That is all I shall say.

Back to the OP, and proud to support!

Fix .. my .. Quietus! Thank you.

Apoc is one of the best weapons in the game period. Redemption is the worst emp...

Its good advice.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Okay, then. Why? Because I've seen Apocs galore over here and I am NOT impressed.

FIX MY QUIETUS! <3
    (2)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Okay, then. Why? Because I've seen Apocs galore over here and I am NOT impressed.

FIX MY QUIETUS! <3

Transfer to cerb and I'll show you how to use Apoc
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If I got gil for every time I was told that I'd break the max gil cap and crash all servers. It was a serious question. I've looked over the numbers, the modifiers, etc and I still don't see much to get excited over except its golden, its shiny and it gives DRKS with no whm or rdm friends a minute of haste at 300 tp.

Hey SE ...

Original Post - Armangetto's suggestion. Give it some thought and some love.

Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If I got gil for every time I was told that I'd break the max gil cap and crash all servers. It was a serious question. I've looked over the numbers, the modifiers, etc and I still don't see much to get excited over except its golden, its shiny and it gives DRKS with no whm or rdm friends a minute of haste at 300 tp.

Hey SE ...

Original Post - Armangetto's suggestion. Give it some thought and some love.

Thank you!

/facepalm

I'm sure your Redemption is 85 too.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't think theres anything wrong with wanting Redemption/Quietus to be boosted/fixed. Yes, I understand that Apoc/Liberator are the better options scythe wise but not everyone is going to be able make a relic/mythic/emp. What Im saying is that its not fair that people who choose to make a Redemption or the fake emp version, are rewarded with a sub par WS compared to the other empy WS.

Right now Im just stock piling gil because plates are too expensive and I hope SE either reduces the amount needed for the 95 trials or increase the drop rate of the plates, so that they may go down in price. Sadly at the going rate of things Ill start making a Apoc. 1/3 of the way to 99m >_>;
    (0)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    /facepalm

I'm sure your Redemption is 85 too.
    My Redemption is 90, with 1/4 of my plates collected. I have friends.

It's also not wrong to request a minor adjustment to Quietus because not everyone has the time or inclination (or lack of sanity far as Mythic) to go with other options. That being the case, a small reward for those people who choose to make a Redemption because it suits them and their resources would be a very nice thing.

Could I do an Apoc? Sure, 2 times over, but I choose to stick with my guns. I like my Redemption. I like the concept of Empyrean weapons and what it brought to casual players because it wasn't too difficult to acquire. A little love never hurt, nor does a little respect for alternate choices.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast