Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Wyverns in Voidwatch

Ok currently, as it stands DRG is massively underpowered compared to pretty much all DD's in voidwatch. We all know this, has been the case for a long time. It isn't just voidwatch that this is the case, but even with the implementation to steady wing, you could quite simply put - Wyverns just die too darn fast, and call wyvern timer is far too long for any conventional voidwatch run.

I disagree with reducing Call Wyvern timer, however possibly a full job ability timer reset (aside from 2-hr) once popping a Voidwatch NM (similar to the full hp/mp recovery) could work as well.

If a DRG were to parse with their wyvern out the whole fight, I daresay they would parse much closer to the other DD's in the group. I am not saying it would be game breaking, however it would at least give them a chance.

As it stands - Wyverns die in voidwatch too fast to be of any use. My following suggestion I feel will not be overpowered, nor will it be game breaking - but it will more then likely give DRG's a chance to be higher up on the parse table again.

Let Fanatics/Fools temp items extend to your Wyvern. Fighting without it, is like a Ninja single wielding a katana. This will not only make Dragoon a more desirable job to play - but also a more desirable job to invite to VW parties. I cant see this being overpowered - as it's not like your Wyvern is a BST pet and has a lot of tanking ability.

So in summary. Wyverns die too fast. Let Fanatics/Fools extend to your wyvern, or let job ability timers reset (aside from 2hr) when popping a VW nm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alderin; 01-19-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If all you want is to have buff on your wyvern, you can already do that.

Merit Empathy 5/5, use Fanatic or Fool, use Spirit Link.

Although you are still limited to the Spirit Link recast, but at least you have this already right now.
    (0)

Player
    Empathy does not and has never worked for temporary items.

With the right gear and conditions, Steady Wing has the potential to give our Wyvern close to a 5,000HP Stoneskin(It grants Stoneskin equal to 130% of your Wyvern's MAXHP(The Max HP can exceed 1900, so 130% of 1900 is 2470. Steady Wing also adds the difference between MaxHP and Current HP to the bonus so ~5,000 HP for Steady Wing. The only problem is it wears off after 3min.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 01-20-2012 at 03:38 AM.

I don't really have a problem with wyvern survivability. Although doom is pretty lame when you can't even do anything about it other than hoping your wyverns at full hp and you use dismiss. I'd rather trade this in for other kinds of updates though, like allowing us to get 1k exp at non-impossible conditions for wyvern lvl ups. The only thing that i've seen as far as temp items go that transfer to wyvern was giants drink although that was done when besieged was popular.

SE has already put in a lot of work to make up for our silly 20 minute timers(although i don't mind if it was lowered), so we may as well go forward with ways of making the wyvern stronger and making sure it stays alive.
    (0)
    Last edited by Meldity; 01-20-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I will add - I retired my DRG a long time ago pre-abyssea and it has stayed in +1, and is still at 95. This suggestion was more from running as many voidwatch runs as I have - I tend not to take a DRG if another job is an option as there have been too many cases where the voidwatch nm is at 50%, it's HQ or Extremely wyvern breath and the DRG simply says "Call wyvern timer @12 mins" or something stupid like that...

So without a whole *heap* of experience with DRG in voidwatch - I am sick of DRG's not having their wyvern timer up in voidwatch when it is an essential proc.

I think Fanatics / Fools, or simply resetting all JA timers would solve this.
    (0)

Character
    Eriina
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'd much prefer to see a stance style trade off ability introduced that could boost a wyverns survivability at the expense of its attack potential and vice versa. Something that could let us adjust our play style outside of VW as well as in.
    (0)