Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Actually if im understanding Rezeak i would l
    lOVE to have "Sap" added. Basically a dot drain along the lines of a regen 3 or 3.5.

Also kind of off topic, but would help with casting. Give weapon bash a magic defense lowering effect. While we are at it lets make its damage be modified by STR like shield bash is by vit now. Lets also lower the timer on it .
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    What the drunk are you guys talking about? Bio I,II, and III are all dark elemental, dark magic.......The only Dark Magic that isn't Dark element is Stun, which is Thunder Element. You guy are really making me wonder what game you play. If you really want to call Bio 3 a debuff you can, but Enfeebling is it's own school of magic and you are being unclear/lazy while describing things.

I play both DRK and RDM and believe me, Bio isn't what you guys are talking about. Dia 3, even Dia 2, is significantly better than anything Bio will do for you. If you wanted to Kite, then Bio is what you are looking for. If you are looking to rip into a mob it is Dia. I don't think DRK use 2Handers because they are looking to kite.

DRK wants the Dark equivalent of Holy. That is basically it. It would be a lovely addition.
    Yes, but more damage +_+
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Let's make it simple so we don't have to go through any headaches:

1. Ignore Emphasis on Elemental Magic.

2. "Dark Celerity" and Dark Magic Nukes with very low casting times. you people should look into this one for your own good

3. New Dark Magic Spells.

pick only one option.
    (1)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 01-28-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have thought about DRK adjustments for a while, and this is what I think we should get.

A defense down ability - WAR has Tomahawk, DRG has Angon, THF has Feint for Evasion Down, so why can't DRKs have an ability like that? Also they could make it so Angon/Tomahawk won't overwrite it. Imagine if you was fighting a high defense mob and you could do the ability at the start of a fight?

Buffs to your party - So we have absorb spells, but how often you do you use them? It seems pretty rare for players to use them nowadays, maybe we could get a whole new range of Absorb spells, and once you absorb the specific stat(s) out of the mob, the rest of your party will get that stat too.

Examples:
    Absorb Regain - For those monsters that accumulate TP on their own, why not allow a DRK to absorb some of that and give it to the party?
    Absorb Defense - A stronger version of Absorb VIT, which could be absorbed into the party, potentially buffing a Paladin tank.and lowering the monsters defense.
    Absorb Attack - A stronger version of Absorb STR which can be given to other DDs in your party.

And after reading about DRK magic spells on another site, I do agree that DRK should get a decent Dark Magic based Nuke spell, one that will give us a substantial amount of TP so it don't hurt our DPS.

Also what about some form of enfeebling spell? It would be great if a DRK could Blind, Paralyze or even put Terror on a mob.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I like #2 the most in Quetzacoatl's.

But...because its SE they'd give drk Tier IV elemantal nukes over new DRK only spells >_>
    (1)

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would like mostly new Drk magic spells. Something quick to cast and damaging, but a high mp cost. Make it viable and make it don't have a high recast time. This could lower the gap in damage some drks have with other dd. Granted, this kind of makes entrophy ideal, but I could live with that. Hell, if they implent it correctly, I'd switch from Torcleaver to a Entropy if low on mp and switch back if I really loved GS lol

I think the absorb spells should have the duration of say hasso, but maybe limit one per drk on a mob. Get rid of the decay, which I believe they mentioned already. Maybe some new absorb spells. Get rid of the penalty of casting on hasso as well. I think it's about time for that. People could argue that you can cancel it and then recast it, but that's just poor game mechanics and taking time away from something else you could be doing.

Someone mentioned a "Sap" like spell similar to regain. I think the idea of say a spell that lowers mob's hp over time and gives it to you like regain would have some synergy with souleater as well. Not to mention the extra damage you take from last resort. Warriors could use retaliation when berserk is up so drk can have something to use while last resort is up. Granted there are other tools that can help with that, but it's just a thought.
    (0)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i hate to be the one to put a damper on anyone's hopes but there have been multiple threads talking about dark magic boosts and new dark magic spells for drk. they said they would look into it months ago. and as we saw for recent adjustments, all they gave was decreased recast for weapon bash. and in contrast, they gave drg just about everything they want and more. sorry i do not mean to squash everyones hopes. but facts are facts. a few threads later on this subject and nothing is being done about it.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    Bio 3 is dark magic yes, but it's also an enfeeble. It's also a blatant of MP and a merit point that SE inflicted upon RDMs. I don't want it on DRK.
    Know what's also an enfeeble? Nearly 80% of dark magic spells. Only 10 or 20% of rdm magic enfeebles.
    (0)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    Know what's also an enfeeble? Nearly 80% of dark magic spells. Only 10 or 20% of rdm magic enfeebles.
    SO that's why everything a Dark casts gets resisted! Holy crap we've cracked the Vana'diel DaVinci Code.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    SO that's why everything a Dark casts gets resisted! Holy crap we've cracked the Vana'diel DaVinci Code.
    o.O my skill isn't capped, but i don't resist with +50 or so skill and m.acc
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast