Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    Bio 3 is dark magic yes, but it's also an enfeeble. It's also a blatant of MP and a merit point that SE inflicted upon RDMs. I don't want it on DRK.
    Then let's help SE reverse their foolish, shortsighted and illogical decision.

With Bio III and OA gear you could easily get 12tp per quick cast, with far more initial damage and higher DoT than an RDM could ever hope to achieve.

It was a stupid stupid stupid decision, and acting like it s somehow justifiable by any means of logic when the RDM has a D/E ranking in the spell school follows suit.

But alright, that's fine because by your logic is perfectly reasonable for me to say:

Okay then I want Poison III, Bind II and I'll take some Dispel/Blind because they are dark based enfeebles, and I have a C - in Enfeebling.

Those would all be welcome additions.
    (2)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    RDM/SCH = b+ dark magic skill

Either way bio III is an enfeebling spell (as in it enfeebles the mobs) and the fact that it's RDM prime role (only role RDM can even fill now) it should stay RDM only either way that's just my opinion.

I'd like to see maybe 3 things added to dark magic for me to feel DRK is done and a complete job.

1st .
    Drains
    These should be cures that DRK can have access too and in so should be a reliable way to restore hp.
    Example: we get a 3rd teir and all there recasts are 1 min
    Drain 1 =~ cure III
    Drain 2 =~ cure IV
    Drain 3 =~ cure V
    The max hp boost from II can be removed and added as a 3-5 min job ability that can be stacked with any drain.

2nd.
    Absorbs
    They need to be completely changed imo
    Ideally
    5-10 min duration w/ no decay and a 30-50 stat drain from a mob.
    I'd take the trade off of only being able to have 1 absorb up at one time meaning there is some strat between ACC or STR

Absorb-TP
    The amount we get shouldn't be based on solely what tp the mob has but your dark magic skill/resists

If i have 450+ dark magic skill and the mob has 60 tp I should take all it's tp not 1/3-1/2 of it
    Either way i think the cap for absorb tp should be 4/Dark magic skill(so you can drain 100 tp+ if ya capped) and if the mob doesn't have tp i should still get 0 tp just to be clear.

3rd
    DMGing spell.

High cost(200mp)/low cast(stun speed) time Dark based nuke
    Only so that Scythe + Occult acumen can become another play style vs GSD + ws spam
    and no 3 min recast ffs the limiting factor should be mp 1 min should be max recast of this
    As for DMG 500-1k if any less then add a DMG taken debuff to the mob.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 01-21-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Player
    When did Bio become Enfeebling Magic? From my experiences it definitely levels my Dark Magic skill.... Also, DRK can get more Dark Magic Skill + than a RDM can, thus enhancing both the initial damage of Bio III and it's Dot effect.

HOWEVER

Bio III would be only useful for it's own Higher DoT than Dia III. Dia III would still be more useful for it's Defense down effect and us DRKs spamming Bio III would only help us and would decrease the output of the other melee for group events.

BUT

I would not be averse to having this, since it is considered DARK MAGIC and Dark Knight is also meant to debilitate their opponents, which is enfeebling magic, but Dark Magic does that as well.

Moving On

Dark Knight needs a fast cast and recast nuke that does respectable damage(comparable to a melee hit/crit, not counting ODD) and reworking/addition of our absorb spells.
    (2)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I was thinking through the logic of the OA gear and the return of tp per tick on a Bio 3 because it's a quickly casted spell and suddenly ... stopped caring. On this part of the discussion I'm tapping out. If DRK gets it fine, if not fine. I'll remain a condemned sufferer of SE's sadistic whims of even adding OA in the first place .....

Otherwise !!

I'm completely down for the initial idea of the original post, a dark knight's magic does need some adjusting but more along the lines of actual reasonable requests. When the DRK community gets outlandish it adds fuel to further reasoning for being ignored completely.

As for the 5-10 min absorbs ... reduce that to 3 minutes, adjust the amount absorbed by skill level/gear, no decay will always make me happy. My biggest beef with the abs spells is the bloody decay.

Nether Void says "Hi", btw ... It's a 5 minute ( 3 minute please!!!) job ability, 1 minute duration and stacks with any drain/absorb spell. It is also enhanced by Bale flanchard by a nice percentage.

I'm going to scream for Dark Celerity some more, because it was mentioned and needs to keep being mentioned. Dark magic fast cast where?? Give give give!! ( and NOT on the +2 relic head piece. That was cute, but not what we wanted).

That is all! Good night, Vana'diel!
    (0)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    I was thinking through the logic of the OA gear and the return of tp per tick on a Bio 3 because it's a quickly casted spell and suddenly ... stopped caring. On this part of the discussion I'm tapping out. If DRK gets it fine, if not fine. I'll remain a condemned sufferer of SE's sadistic whims of even adding OA in the first place .....

Otherwise !!

I'm completely down for the initial idea of the original post, a dark knight's magic does need some adjusting but more along the lines of actual reasonable requests. When the DRK community gets outlandish it adds fuel to further reasoning for being ignored completely.

As for the 5-10 min absorbs ... reduce that to 3 minutes, adjust the amount absorbed by skill level/gear, no decay will always make me happy. My biggest beef with the abs spells is the bloody decay.

Nether Void says "Hi", btw ... It's a 5 minute ( 3 minute please!!!) job ability, 1 minute duration and stacks with any drain/absorb spell. It is also enhanced by Bale flanchard by a nice percentage.

I'm going to scream for Dark Celerity some more, because it was mentioned and needs to keep being mentioned. Dark magic fast cast where?? Give give give!! ( and NOT on the +2 relic head piece. That was cute, but not what we wanted).

That is all! Good night, Vana'diel!
    unless they increase the potency of drains however thats the only place I'll be using nether void
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    reading all this im glad i don't read this forum anymore.....
    (3)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    reading all this im glad i don't read this forum anymore.....
    Jar the troll
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    When did Bio become Enfeebling Magic?
    When it enfeebles the mob with attack down and a DoT effect

We all know it's dark magic based but it is a enfeebling spell as in it's use just like dia, slow ,absorb-acc, stun, dreamflower.

Just because someone calls in an enfeeble doesn't mean it has to be under the enfeebling magic skill otherwise BLU would be screwed ^^.

plus RDM can use staffs so a good RDM/SCH will land Bio III less resisted and for more dmg it's just the dot effect DRK might get more of since but thats only 1 more dot (and that's a maybe)

Honestly tho i don't know why ya think SE would allow DRK to take a merited spell tbh i would like a Dark version of Bio

via say Absorb-Attack and Sap (DoT + Regen aura from mob)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 01-24-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Player
    Yeah, I agree that DRK needs it's own DoT that, as you suggested, saps the target of health. Maybe also have it sap TP as well? or a separate spell for that too.

I'm still all for a high cost, fast cast(stun speed), fast recast, high damage dark nuke.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What the drunk are you guys talking about? Bio I,II, and III are all dark elemental, dark magic.......The only Dark Magic that isn't Dark element is Stun, which is Thunder Element. You guy are really making me wonder what game you play. If you really want to call Bio 3 a debuff you can, but Enfeebling is it's own school of magic and you are being unclear/lazy while describing things.

I play both DRK and RDM and believe me, Bio isn't what you guys are talking about. Dia 3, even Dia 2, is significantly better than anything Bio will do for you. If you wanted to Kite, then Bio is what you are looking for. If you are looking to rip into a mob it is Dia. I don't think DRK use 2Handers because they are looking to kite.

DRK wants the Dark equivalent of Holy. That is basically it. It would be a lovely addition.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast