Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Mission Progress: Wait until the next day (earth-time).

There may have been an age of time where it sort of kind of made sense to limit the progress when so many players were doing the Missions and Quests that still require at worst over 23 hours of wait, before one is able to continue with it.

There are too many of these to even think about, but perhaps the most obvious and notorious example is the Treasures of Aht Urhgan story-line.
    Yeah, this is not about Assault and such 'end-game' content, which I will never agree to need such limitations either by the by. There should be another way of handling congestion for those, and it is possible, if you want it to be.
    This is about the content of old, that actually have a story and which some people still might want to complete one day.

When I did them twice within the past 2 years or so, I didn't see anyone else doing them, so one ponders why the Mamook does one have to wait, at all.
    One day game-time would suffice in any such case I think, when the NPC needs some time to finish something or what ever. One example could be something like, say, Sagheera: 7 days at worst, earth-time... really?!

If it has to look like the NPC actually needed time (sigh), can't it just be 7 days of game-time instead?
    Some players actually want to complete each +1 Armour for each job (yeah, that would take a 'few' years if you care to do the math).

It's ridonkulous.

Another thing that comes to mind is the later portion of Mercenary Ranks, where you have to play "mini-games" and if you were to fail, you need to wait until the next day (surprisingly game-time for once).
    The "mini-games" are already unintuitive and annoying enough without that. No offense to those who came up with them, as they are nice in principle, but just not too shiny in implementation and I am sure, that with more time and 'resources', they could be better!

Such ways to prolong the game, also known as time-sinks, frankly anger me a little and I am very calm person normally, but it's not about me, nor Sagheera (I think adjusting the wait for Artifact +1 et cetera was/is already under consideration?), but is there really a need for the long waits with Missions and Quests like the above mentioned?

I don't think so.
    I am sure those who have yet to embark on those adventures would greatly appreciate it if they would not have to wait and wait again, after again, and again.

As a side-note: While not exactly related, I hear many are being hindered by the fact that during Wings of The Goddess, several cutscenes are not available due to a Campaign Battle being in progress in the Towns for example, and while this makes sense partially, I think something should be done to avoid that.
    It is specifically apparent these days when not so many are actually doing Campaign and the areas fall into Beastman-hands. At least on Fenrir, it did pick up a little due to certain changes, but not much, and more adjustments should be made (cough-skillupses-cough).

As usual, just my thoughts~
    ><)))°Ð
    (6)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It can be annoying. I remember I was blasting through Sandoria rank missions with a friend last December and we twice had to stop and wait until the next JP midnight. But on the other hand it doesn't really come up all that often. So it's kind of a wash.

Cutscenes blocked by Campaign battles shouldn't be a problem any more. I haven't seen a single in-town campaign battle since the server merge last year.

The mini-games during Assault rank-ups I would always just cheat by forcing a disconnect if I knew I was gonna lose. That one where you had to count push-ups was particularly annoying though, and I always just used Fraps to record it and play back.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, the three starting-town missions aren't that bad, though there are some there too.
    Treasures of Aht Urhgan story I think is quite bad on this regard though, and I do feel it could be looked into.

As for Campaign, it did indeed get a little bit better some time ago on Fenrir, too, more so after the EXP/etc. changes I think than the server-merge which happened to us too (Unicorn was merged with our Fenrir).
    Even so, it is not done much, and I still see the Towns often being under attack.
    It's obviously not nearly as big of an issue as waiting a whole day, since all that needs to be done is kick the Beastmen out. ^^

When it does happen, it is still quite an annoyance, though!

As for the mini-games, yeah, there is that but... I don't feel that it's how that particular annoyance should be tackled, heh.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Hello everyone!

The dev. team is looking into removing the wait time restrictions for older missions and events. However, we won't be able to remove them all at once since there are such a large amount of them and each of these event scenes being created differently.

If you guys could provide for us specific examples of where you have (or are) being inconvenienced by wait times, we can put those on the top of the list to be removed first.
    (15)

Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hello everyone!

The dev. team is looking into removing the wait time restrictions for older missions and events. However, we won't be able to remove them all at once since there are such a large amount of them and each of these event scenes being created differently.

If you guys could provide for us specific examples of where you have (or are) being inconvenienced by wait times, we can put those on the top of the list to be removed first.
    Missions and events? or missions events and quests? Because I just blew through 140 million gil on currency in one week time of spamming bazaars, have all items for turn in having been farmed in the same week, and right now it's pretty much a waiting game for Switchstix and his relic weapon business. And I do plan on doing aegis next so I'm gonna have to suggest Switchstix because there's no real point in it's waiting period. It was okay back when no one could farm everything they needed in one week. I mean I like that the dude needs time to craft my finely tuned item and all that because I do like the feel of a live, breathing game world where NPCs don't have everything conveniently on hand to give you but earth days are a chore to wait out when you want it done and to move on. Let's do the maximum wait time at 1 Earth day. That's nearly a month in game for that Goblin to be finishing each stage 3 and 4 of my weapon after handing over 16000 currency.

I envision him sitting on his ass most of the time as is, drinking the finest goblin wine known to goblins because he's probably the richest character in the game. Dude has like 100 million currency. It's nearly a trillion gil. I'm not mad at him or anything I just think he needs to send some of that wine my way after dropping 140 million gil.
    (6)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hello everyone!

Ew! ..........
    (1)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Player
    AF2+1 wait time with Sagheera should be #1 top priority.
    (16)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    AF2+1 wait time with Sagheera should be #1 top priority.
    Should be the lowest priority as it it completely unessicary.
    (2)

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Relic wait times are justified imo.
    af2+1 wait times are extreme, jp midnight would probably be a good compromise.
    ToAU Missions:
    3, 6, 8, 18

This makes it so people can at least get through the first parts of the storyline to do other things without waiting 3 days.

Assault tags should also be adjusted to be more like abyssea stones, allow them to build up over time, more than just 3-4. Maybe build up to 10 and if you have captain they can go to 15 tags.
    (4)

Player
    They already said no to assault tags because:
    1) It would mean more congestion for assaults. They're instanced but only for up to 3 or 4 groups doing the same one I think.
    2) People could finish 50 assaults in 1 day and get captain rank while also building more AP to do salvage which means more Alexandrites.
    3)More Nyzul meaning more Tokens.
    4)Overall faster Mythics being made.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast