Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dibble
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The Conquest Tally wait between Storms of Fate and Shadows of the Departed should be reduced to a day.
    (1)
    NIN is not even one of my three jobs on char profile - GJ SE!

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    I can't believe I forgot this even though I've been doing it weekly...get rid of the 5 day wait between Campaign Evaluations!
    oh man i forgot about that one also. after every promotion i would just do 5 Battles and then wait 5 days rinse and repeat. just got to Wings
    (0)

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Treasures of Aht Urgan missions need to be looked at since theres a "JP midnight Wait" almost every other time you finish one.
    (1)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Some things I understand need reduced wait timers, but really, I didnt have a problem waiting a day for sandoria, I've finished sandoria rank 10 twice now, AF should be jp midnight for upgrades on both af1 and af2, as for relic weapons, the max wait inbetween should be 3days, so what if you have to wait three days these weapons shouldnt be able to be made in a weeks worth of bazaar shopping, even empyreans take at least a week to get an 85 when calculating trials and item acquistion. And cop, really? After all the time to do cop whats so hard about waiting ONE jp midnight to get the ring? Seriously?
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 01-23-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    They already said no to assault tags because:
    1) It would mean more congestion for assaults. They're instanced but only for up to 3 or 4 groups doing the same one I think.
    2) People could finish 50 assaults in 1 day and get captain rank while also building more AP to do salvage which means more Alexandrites.
    3)More Nyzul meaning more Tokens.
    4)Overall faster Mythics being made.
    1: Agreed, however this would mostly effect nyzul, save for if your making a run for captain or doing captain 2.0 for your mythic most regular assualt areas would remain uneffected.

2: They lowered salvage to 500 AP so your argument is invalid in this case

3: They are adding in higher tier Nyzul anyways meaning more tokens no matter which way you dice it

4: the over all req's for a mythic are bit inane considering the currency required for it is much more difficult to come by, besides you still have the einherjar/ZNM blocks, both of which are now even a bigger obsticle considering how out dated the content is there are less peeps doing it.
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hello everyone!

The dev. team is looking into removing the wait time restrictions for older missions and events. However, we won't be able to remove them all at once since there are such a large amount of them and each of these event scenes being created differently.

If you guys could provide for us specific examples of where you have (or are) being inconvenienced by wait times, we can put those on the top of the list to be removed first.
    I know it's not the biggest wait time on something, but I seriously hated the wait times for the original SAM artifact quests. When I had to redo it a long time ago, the fact I had to wait one real life day just finish the armor piece for the feet originally I thought was crazy seeing as it was a two part fight.

ToAU should be not restricted as much anymore along with anything involving CoP in terms of waiting times.
    (0)

Soulplates need adjustment the most IMO, after that TOA missions, especially all the ones leading up to the ashu talif mission since that's whats required to do salvage and einherjar and other TOA events, and Switchstix is just annoying, I'm all for eliminating his waits.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Some things I understand need reduced wait timers, but really, I didnt have a problem waiting a day for sandoria, I've finished sandoria rank 10 twice now, AF should be jp midnight for upgrades on both af1 and af2, as for relic, the max wait inbetween should be 3days, so what if you have to wait three days these weapons shouldnt be able to be made in a weeks worth of bazaar shopping, even empyreans take at least a week to get an 85 when calculating trials and item acquistion. And cop, really? After all the time to do cop whats so hard about waiting ONE jp midnight to get the ring? Seriously?

Because modern and truly successful games generally let people quest at their own pace. This is an archaic design mechanic that only detracts from the experience for the player. It's a crutch to extend the longevity of limited content. It's actually more absurd than using low/random drop rates on gear or quest items to serve the same purpose. Even SE sees it now obviously or they wouldn't be looking into it.

Can you honestly say that your experience is made better by having to wait between quests? Is your AF or Rajas Ring somehow more valuable because you had to wait a day to talk to an NPC or click on a door? Is low-level/mid-level gear really so important that we need lockouts to prevent it being earned too quickly?

I can understand some of the lockouts/time-restrictions on high-end or easily congested content. That isn't unreasonable to me. Outdated quests and missions or low-level gear that AT BEST is simply for macro swapping? No, don't make the gear appear magically in their delivery box or the completion appear automatically in their log, but don't make people wait 24 hours for a 1 minute battle or for a 2 minute cut-scene. As I said, that's just absurd.
    (1)
    Last edited by Camiie; 01-23-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    At least reduce Saghera's conquest wait period on Relic+1 gear.
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KigenAngelios View Post
    At least reduce Saghera's conquest wait period on Relic+1 gear.
    Yeah I'm gonna have to get on board with this. If anything it should be reduced to 1 real life day per wait instead of a week. Finishing a full +2 armor set in 5 weeks is kinda silly.
    (1)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast