Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°×

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Starting this wonderful Wednesday off with a BUMP~!

Just wanted to let you all know that the development team is currently working on reducing the time period between creating AF+1 items. They are of course working on other things as well, but expect to make the adjustments somewhere around May to June.

As for the adjustment itself, the plan is to reduce the time from every conquest tally to one Earth day.
    Been expecting this this appear sometime soon actually.
    Thanks!

For once, I could foresee something positive a-coming.
    It's a tad late, but that was to be expected as well!
    Better late than never, they say... How true that rings, is not for me to say.

It will still be helpful to me since I am a kind of a collector, so creating the AF +1 and Relic +1 (as long as this indeed does expand upon all Sagheera's services) will certainly be more reasonable. As others, though, I think a Vana'diel day would suffice more than well, but going from 7 to 1 is definitely fun and swell!

Would be great to hear more on that, and other adjustments soon as well, but I'll wait and see, as always.

Babekeke,

Indeed, the higher level monsters quite definitely have vastly greater chance of yielding the forgetful I mean forgotten stuff.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Just to clarify, I hope this applies to relic gear as well and not just artifact gear.
    Whoa there, let's not get crazy. If you want this to apply to relic gear as well that's clearly going to take them another 6 months to implement.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    I'm interested to hear why there needs to be any sort of wait at all. Would it really be bad if people could get the items immediately after trading them to the NPC?
    Simple really, they need all the time sink they can get, in any ways possible. Since they can't get it from leveling experience, they have to get it somewhere with making us wait for every possible ways. Just be grateful that we don't have to wait for AF3+1 and AF3+2, then again, those were created by the Abyssea team, you know, the team who actually understand how to create blockbuster fun enjoyable experience. That kind of experience will never be repeated again in FFXI, instead we have to put up with all the nonsensical craps like Voidwatch, Legion, Neo Nyzul, etc...
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibs View Post
    The Conquest Tally wait between Storms of Fate and Shadows of the Departed should be reduced to a day.
    To expand upon that: All the 'wait until the next day (earth-time)' regarding Storms of Fate, Shadows of the Departed, and Apocalypse Nigh seem rather pointless.

It could be a day in-game time at most, methinks.

Most will likely do them just once, so it's not like it's a huge deal, but they were more than annoying pauses between the story when I did them for the first time, and am certainly not looking forward to repeating those 'waits'.

Most definitely looking forward to repeating those cutscenes, though!
    I may just repeat the quests for that purpose alone since I have not yet found a 'goblin footprint' for that purpose, or they show up after the last wait...

But yeah, all this kind of stuff unnecessarily interrupts a story telling, all around across the story-board, so to speak.

Edit:

As I assumed, I just had to get the quest really completed by waiting until the next day once more again to get the final cutscene, and to choose a reward to have the cutscenes appear where expected. I was suspicious since the wikki did not have the info (corrected now by yours truly).
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 04-18-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Just to clarify, I hope this applies to relic gear as well and not just artifact gear.
    Yes it does! I'm sorry for the confusion and the wait, I had to double check with the dev. team on this. I have also edited Camate's post to clarify that this change is indeed for both Relic+1 and AF+1 upgrades.

We're also looking into shortening the AF+1 and Relic+1 upgrades wait times to 1 Vana'diel day instead of 1 Earth day! Hooray!

For those of you asking about missions and quests wait times being lowered, I mentioned earlier in this thread that this is a very large task to reduce them all at once, but I did forward the missions and quests that you guys requested to be prioritize first and we'll be sure to let you know when the dev. team will be adjusting the wait times.
    (12)

Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Yes it does! I'm sorry for the confusion and the wait, I had to double check with the dev. team on this. I have also edited Camate's post to clarify that this change is indeed for both Relic+1 and AF+1 upgrades.

We're also looking into shortening the AF+1 and Relic+1 upgrades wait times to 1 Vana'diel day instead of 1 Earth day! Hooray!

For those of you asking about missions and quests wait times being lowered, I mentioned earlier in this thread that this is a very large task to reduce them all at once, but I did forward the missions and quests that you guys requested to be prioritize first and we'll be sure to let you know when the dev. team will be adjusting the wait times.
    Great, thanks ^^.
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Any plans on on making artifact gear +2?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Yay, you're awesome! sure living up to your last name
    (2)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    You know, given this mechanic must conceptually is the same everywhere it's used, like the asinine (you must zone to trigger the next quest), it speaks volumes for the horrible programming this game suffers from that making the same change everywhere the mechanic is used allegedly is going to take so much effort.

Maybe SE hadn't learned about OOP methodologies back in 1998 or whenever they began to build FFXI.
    (4)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Toadally awesome that they feel the same way! ~plays the Frog's (aka Glenn) theme on a guitar~

I'm not sure if this is all that positive in the end, however, as this means I really have to upgrade everything now (or well, when this goes live, that is)!

As for the other waits, again, this is probably one of the more obvious ones for the development team as well, being one with the Conquest Tally wait, similar to what I previously posted about (Apocalypse Nigh). I am of course talking about Divine Might.

While the limitation is probably not going to hit many players at all, perhaps someone wants to do it more often just for fun? I don't see how this wait is needed (same goes for the rings from Chains of Promathia, though this was already mentioned before).
    (1)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9