Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm just going to echo a bunch of points people already made for me...

- The anger of the yet-to-be-implemented trials is justified. There is so much resentment of the dev. team's recent actions right now, that we just assume we're going to get screwed over.

- 1500 Heavy Metal plates is pretty harsh, but no one thought it would be this bad when it was implemented. No one complained, and we got stuck with a horrible trial.

- The Alexanderite requirement for mythics has always been insane, and next to nothing has been done to fix this.

- We basically have ZERO faith or reason to believe that once something is implemented like this, it will ever be made easier, ESPECIALLY if some masochist burns through it. Heavy Metal and Alexanderite requirements should both be drastically lowered - but we won't see this happen. Why? It wouldn't be fair to the .01% of players who completed the trials.
    (13)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Its not so much the Quantity that BS Camate, its the fact that Arch Dynamis Lord is a fight that boils down to Dumbluck and a proverbial "Door A or Door B" Type Fight, and Even if you just needed 1 per relic to finish, Its still crap because of the shear amount of people you need for the fight.

Most of them likely Relic Holders as well.

So if you can pass on one thing to the Dev team Camate, let it be this, Please, No "Trade X item to Moogle" Trial .... It promotes nothing but competition and hostility amongst players, Especially when they're all fighting for the same item.

Again, Its never about the Quantity of the items, Its the fact the entire trial as a whole is rather poorly planned. It shows The Devs don't play their own game our understand exactly how out-of-reach this trials is going to be to the average, even above average relic holder, especially if they consider it as such (in reach)
    (16)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 01-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Character
    Muras
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I'm just going to echo a bunch of points people already made for me...

- The anger of the yet-to-be-implemented trials is justified. There is so much resentment of the dev. team's recent actions right now, that we just assume we're going to get screwed over.

- 1500 Heavy Metal plates is pretty harsh, but no one thought it would be this bad when it was implemented. No one complained, and we got stuck with a horrible trial.

- The Alexanderite requirement for mythics has always been insane, and next to nothing has been done to fix this.

- We basically have ZERO faith or reason to believe that once something is implemented like this, it will ever be made easier, ESPECIALLY if some masochist burns through it. Heavy Metal and Alexanderite requirements should both be drastically lowered - but we won't see this happen. Why? It wouldn't be fair to the .01% of players who completed the trials.
    What's even more disgusting is the fact that the Alexandrite requirement back when mythics were first added was originally 50,000 instead of 30,000. People wanted to see it reduced to 5,000 or even 10,000 since they were already more time consuming to make and still weren't as good as relics.

I just find it so strange how SE does things, because 10-15 years ago a lot of businesses would've killed to get such readily available feedback on their products like what this forum provides. Back 10-15 years forums just weren't as widely used, and we didn't have stuff like twitter and facebook and advanced search engines like Google. We had search engines, but they were nearly as good (I remember the popular ones back then were Yahoo, InfoSeek, and WebCrawler). It was harder to locate information. But here we are with a forum at SE's fingertips and they generally seem to ignore the most important issues.
    (8)
    Last edited by Muras; 01-28-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Please note that "troll" does not mean "someone who's opinion differs from my own"

That's pretty much what it is. They abandoned their big shells when Abyssea came out because they thought they would never need them again and now they are screwed because they tossed away the system of mutual support and personal favors they had built up over several years to dual box everything in godmode land never imagining that SE might make a U turn. Now they are raging because they're going to have to go back to a big shell and work their way up from the bottom again if they want to finish their relics.
    No, that isn't what this is about at all. Most anything I still do with my shell and on average we have an alliance worth if not slightly over an alliance worth. The problem is the number of relics/emps within that group, and while it doesn't apply to my LS, mythics also. In the LS alone, as the trials currently stand it is to get them done 1 by 1. First 1 we might be able to squeeze out in a couple days because we have ADL pops already and a few lesser NM pops, but then it is a grind of doing it all over again and treking through the whole zone to recollect the pop items and the ADL items again. For mythic owners it is going through the ZNM tiers to get PW pops that is the issue. For what? One person? I know absolutely no one in my LS needs/wants anything of PW/ZNM let alone of ADL/DL/Lessers meaning you are expecting these people that don't have relics or do, to wait in line without any justifiable reward to offer them in return?
    (1)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    The shared concern seems to be that an item trial makes 0 sense. It makes even less sense when you consider that the item comes from content requiring 18+ people and it starts getting really stupid when the same items required for stage 1 are required for stage 2. Most people are aware that the number is temporary but even if lowered to 5 there are still far too many relics in circulation for this trial to be considered something that most PCs will complete and the demand for these items to complete stage 1 means that stage 2 is no longer just a virtual impossibility it is now literally impossible.

Stage 1 needs to be rebuilt and rethought from the ground up. Lowering the number of items required does not fix it.
    Ymm no.

Empyrean trial is fine.
    Mythic trial is fine (considering 1000+ zeni per photo)
    Relic trial is not fine

Best solution is not to change all those trials but add Umbral Marrow to drop pool of Normal Dynamis lord (100% 1 drop) and make ADL drop like 10 of them. That is the simplest solution.

Not to mention that after SE said what items are required to get 99 Empy some ppl like me started to gather them and they will (I will for sure) feel cheated if the trial wont require those items ( dont even joke with stage 2). I have 97 dross which I got for like 40M and I dont want to end up with 97 useless items (and yes I have 95 already opposed to 99% of ppl who whine about 99 trials and doesnt even have 95)
    (3)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Ymm no.

Empyrean trial is fine.
    Mythic trial is fine (considering 1000+ zeni per photo)
    Relic trial is not fine

Best solution is not to change all those trials but add Umbral Marrow to drop pool of Normal Dynamis lord (100% 1 drop) and make ADL drop like 10 of them. That is the simplest solution.

Not to mention that after SE said what items are required to get 99 Empy some ppl like me started to gather them and they will (I will for sure) feel cheated if the trial wont require those items ( dont even joke with stage 2). I have 97 dross which I got for like 40M and I dont want to end up with 97 useless items (and yes I have 95 already opposed to 99% of ppl who whine about 99 trials and doesnt even have 95)
    I may have not been clear but I was only talking about the relic trials. Emp trials are perfectly fine and mythic trials are even kind of ok with the new zeni values. Relic trials need to be scrapped and redone completely since neither of the other trials suffer from a "2 hours once a day" penalty.
    (4)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I may have not been clear but I was only talking about the relic trials. Emp trials are perfectly fine and mythic trials are even kind of ok with the new zeni values. Relic trials need to be scrapped and redone completely since neither of the other trials suffer from a "2 hours once a day" penalty.
    The problem is they probably wont change umbral marrow to something else w/o changing mythic and empyrean and that would be rude for ppl whole already started collect those items.
    Only solution is to add umbral marrow as drop for DL or for example instead of treasure pool from ADL just put ??? after you kill it from which when you click on it you get Umbral Marrow. That will reward everyone in ally with one Umbral Marrow.
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Why can't you change the relic trial without messing with the other 2? No one is really bitching about the other 2.
    (0)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    Why can't you change the relic trial without messing with the other 2? No one is really bitching about the other 2.
    Its SE. Balance between all 3 type of weapons etc.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    No offense dude, but isn't the ENTIRE point of a test server and a forum, is to comment/complain/express opinion on the CURRENT test data? Yes we get that its temporary, even still, there is a chance this will BE the final content, and if we dont say something NOW that we dont like it, it will be implemented. The "Current" trials on the test server Stink, temporary or not.
    Not anymore.

The team that did Abyssea used this forum for feedback on their content and to see what players want to be fixed. Tanaka and the team from failed FFXIV have absolutely zero desire to hear what you want. They only care about the JP players. They were basically ignoring the english forums until someone translated the Ala interview to JP for the JP readers to read and OMFG Holy Jesus explosion took place over there. The JP readers were pissed off with SE and since then SE has done their best to appease the JP crowd.

All these changes are due to the JP crowd's response. Camate and the other CR's just post what the devs tell them to post, but the dev's aren't answering your questions anymore, their now answering the JP's questions / feedback only.
    (2)

Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast