Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    And yet strangely you're still the anonymous one who thinks Trashtar is better than Mandau...k troll
    (4)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    (Not sure why it didn't post o.o Hit reply but anyways.) First, I do agree the amount needed is crazy.

And I'm sure I know where its going once I post this but, anyone else remember when Aby came out how people complained about stuff being too easy or things being handed to players without much effort, unlike back in the day when you had to work for stuff? Now that SE comes out with content you actually work for to get the reward, people still complain. I bet someone at SE is like "Wtf do you people want."
    (2)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Because you're making 17 other people work for a month just to upgrade your weapon with no benefit or reward to them...(for relics atleast)
    (3)

I think in this instance it would be helpful if everyone in the community voiced their hatred for these trials. There's been how many pages now, and only 1? person liked them. And I'm just typing this to say its dumb as hell.

20 Arch DL kills would be ok, 2-3 Arch DL items would be ok.
    10 PW kills would be ok, 2-3 PW items would be ok.
    60 riftdross/cinder is to much also, this should really be 20-30, or you need to vastly increase the mobs this drops from, it's bad enough getting 1500 heavy metal plates, why are you trying to make these weapons cost 600mil each?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    You can repeat that all you want but the fact remains I have been arguing for the past year that relics should be stronger than emps so your argument makes no sense.
    Lots of relics are stronger then empyreans, and have been since day one, like dagger. Now quit trolling.
    (5)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 01-26-2012 at 11:10 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Imagine this in a video game when you start:
    "We are going to make sure you're ready for your adventures by forcing you into a tutorial trial"
    Press X to swing your weapon...good, good
    Press Y to use an item...good, good, you're getting the hang of this quickly
    Press the directional pad to move around, press it lightly to walk, and press it all the way to run...very good!

You seem ready for battle, to make sure you're ready, defeat this lv10 mob on your lv1 character, this is mandatory.

thats pretty much whats going on here (teamup WS usage, teamup WS killshots, teamup Attestation NM 5x, teamup Animated Weapon 10x...turn in 20 ADL drops, what the fk)
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    I think in this instance it would be helpful if everyone in the community voiced their hatred for these trials.
    Agreed. As someone with absolutely no vested interest in these trials, they still offend me greatly. They offend me because they are a clear illustration of how out of touch the development team is, and that disconnect carries over into the rest of the game.

These trials are a symptom of something that will adversely affect the entire playerbase.
    (10)

Character
    Lynchilles
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This just goes to show you how much the FFXI dev team has lost touch with the playerbase.
    (10)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    20 Arch DL kills would be ok, 2-3 Arch DL items would be ok.
    10 PW kills would be ok, 2-3 PW items would be ok.
    60 riftdross/cinder is to much also, this should really be 20-30, or you need to vastly increase the mobs this drops from, it's bad enough getting 1500 heavy metal plates, why are you trying to make these weapons cost 600mil each?
    Relic and mythic trials are both terrible as long as they involve ADL and PW. In fact 20 kills would very quickly be just as bad or worse than 5-10 items. "Kills" means that 2 months down the road when everyone has their 99 relic anyone who missed the train is SoL. A Linkshell may be willing to set up runs to clear 10-12 people at a time but one guy who needs 20 kills is just as fucked as one person who need 20 items. At that point it's essentially the same trial.
    (8)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Making these just be kills would be fine. In an MMO you want to make your players feel like working toghether is good for everyone. This is why VNM trials are easier / fun to do with pick up groups. Imagine if everyone had to get 8 chesma(insert any other vnm) drops instead of kills. Instead of fostering companionship and working in groups you would have small groups camping the heck out of them and you either go camp with a group yourself or get frustrated and give up.

SE had the right idea making them kills before, i dont know why we are reverting, to "get 1% chance to get something you need 1 million of" method.

Further down the line kills and "get x item" is NOT the same. You can always find someone who is either doing a second weapon or missed the train just like you. The difference is that if its kills, People will band toghether for shout groups since it will be of benefit to everyone, if its item drop, no one is going to do shouts groups with people they dont know / might steal the item / might not get around to my turn.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rampage; 01-27-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Making these just be kills would be fine. In an MMO you want to make your players feel like working toghether is good for everyone. This is why VNM trials are easier / fun to do with pick up groups. Imagine if everyone had to get 8 chesma(insert any other vnm) drops instead of kills. Instead of fostering companionship and working in groups you would have small groups camping the heck out of them and you either go camp with a group yourself or get frustrated and give up.

SE had the right idea making them kills before, i dont know why we are reverting, to "get 1% chance to get something you need 1 million of" method.

Further down the line kills and "get x item" is NOT the same. You can always find someone who is either doing a second weapon or missed the train just like you. The difference is that if its kills, People will band toghether for shout groups since it will be of benefit to everyone, if its item drop, no one is going to do shouts groups with people they dont know / might steal the item / might not get around to my turn.
    I dunno, I see people shouting for light staff trials all the time (Damn near every mage needs one of these eventually) and I rarely see a group of more than 6 people. Trying to find 18 people who have completed the 1500 metal plate stage is going to be considerably harder.
    (0)

Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast