Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    There seems to be a misunderstanding. WS and JA proc at the same rate, tested time and time again. The issue is you can do 10 JA in the time of 1 WS. So, the rate seems lower. MA on the other hand is lower due to the speed spells can be cast 5 spells for 1 JA if you do it right.

The other issue, and this is touchy is the speed enemies die vs respawn. (What I don't want to happen is mobs gain boosted strength) One player can take out 5 enemies in the time of a single respawn. 6 players can wipe an area clean of a mob type.

I think the biggest issue is in dreamland since over all currency drops fastest there, so its most populated. The main issue is the bottle neck system on JA, even with higher rates on MA and WS, JA will still be superior since /dnc is a useful subjob for melee vs say /rdm or /whm. (not saying /mage is impossible but in most cases its inferior) With mobs cycling JA weakness those mobs will continue to be targeted by players seeking currency. I figure allowing all 3 to proc any given nightmare mob at any given time would go a long way to reducing conjestion, even at the cost of lowering proc rates of all 3. I understand its set the way it is to be a limiting factor however, players just run from mob to mob instead of camping one. (its not very effective)
    (1)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    I think many people level BST just for dynamis these days. BST become too good for dynamis with the jug pets, thay can handle 2+ mobs easily and they are given Treasure Hunter.

Fact cannot dennied that, most of the time there are only BST in dynamis. If want dynamis less crowded... maybe nerf the jug pets can do it.
    (2)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    There's nothing wrong with Dynamis as it is, it's GREAT now because I get to get myself a relic even faster than before!
    It also gave me access to the amazing dynamis relic gear that I couldn't have gotten before because I didn't want to be a part of those elitist end game shells.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Dynamis as it is, it's GREAT now because I get to get myself a relic even faster than before!
    It also gave me access to the amazing dynamis relic gear that I couldn't have gotten before because I didn't want to be a part of those elitist end game shells.
    Elitist endgame shells? Dynamis shells were usually a core group of a few few people, and then 20-30 other people that only stayed till they got the piece they wanted. Dynamis shells usually took anyone who was willing to show up, and follow directions.

I personally think that they made the procs so that we would be encouraged to bring a diverse group of jobs to the event. In theory you would get more loot by bringing more people because more jobs = more proc. But in reality, people just bring the 1-2 jobs needed for the easiest procs, and call it a day. I think we should keep our mouths shut about congestion, so that they don't nerf JA procs too.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    I think many people level BST just for dynamis these days. BST become too good for dynamis with the jug pets, thay can handle 2+ mobs easily and they are given Treasure Hunter.

Fact cannot dennied that, most of the time there are only BST in dynamis. If want dynamis less crowded... maybe nerf the jug pets can do it.
    A treasure hunter nerf wont affect the BSTs, check the TH thread if you are curious. As far as handling 2+ mobs any player can do that assuming they are the EP ones. (in fact most can do 4+) Somehow people think competition = BST but, lets assume BST wasn't the most suited method to farm dynamis, what would happen? Players would burn X job to get the most out of dynamis then everyone would be singing another story about how X job is ruining dynamis.

What I don't like is how players treat BST inside dynamis. I've had parties try to MPK fellow BSTs with the bururimu dragons during runs. One group of 4 sent a dnc to pull, but not just pull, to pull anything I might be running after. (By the end they had most under their control and kept switching targets to ensure players didn't take any) I've had people attempt to steal my ONE target while I'm turned to get proc. I've mistakenly gotten links to the point I'm almost dieing and players will yell saying I'm hoarding them, I say I'm in trouble and ask for help, they leave me to die. (when i didn't they called me a lier) I have no way to know if Sonshou is specifically one of those people and I want to assume they aren't so this isn't a shot at you just the attitude. Assuming all BSTs are horrible people is no different then assuming all mithra are female or male (people see it differently) BST is not the only problem in Dynamis and as long as players continue to do this I'll just level THF and continue farming the same way giving the same level of competition. (but apparently being thf or dnc holding 4 mobs is perfectly ok because they aren't BST)
    (1)
    Last edited by Zinato; 02-05-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Horovivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The real problem in dynamis is beastmaster's, if i see 4 or 5 beastmasters in a zone i dont even bother, their pets are overpowered and they can hold onto 3 sometimes 4 mobs at one time, making it unfair to those trying to do a weapon. Most ppl arent in there for a weapon but to make gil. Lowering the spawn time means more currency out there and it becomes worth less. Plz dont do that. Do something to make it more difficult for beastmaster's in dynamis.
    (1)

Player
    Other jobs can and do hold 3-4 mobs THF DNC PLD BLU NIN even a DRK I've seen them all do it. BST can no more hold 3-4 mobs in red then any of those jobs can, if your a stealer its not an issue if your not the rest I just listed do the same. The difference however, is a single team of 3-4 various jobs (and worse on some occasions cycling mobs even though they just want +2 items) can wipe the area clean. Competition excluded, 4 players even teamed up can kill the area before repops. People think BST = one and only competition, that's not true, take away the BST and you would all complain about THFs and DNCs killing everything. Changing jobs in anyway doesn't fix anything what needs changing is zones, mob time, area limit something. The fact that players do the things mentioned in my previous post to each other at all (even though right now its ignorantly targeting BST) is a problem. I can't explain this enough If BST suddenly stopped being Dynamis worthy something else WILL take its place. BST =/= Problem, Players = Problem
    (2)
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Semco View Post
    The real problem in dynamis is beastmaster's, if i see 4 or 5 beastmasters in a zone i dont even bother, their pets are overpowered and they can hold onto 3 sometimes 4 mobs at one time, making it unfair to those trying to do a weapon. Most ppl arent in there for a weapon but to make gil. Lowering the spawn time means more currency out there and it becomes worth less. Plz dont do that. Do something to make it more difficult for beastmaster's in dynamis.
    A lot of dynamis mobs that people solo are in the high level 70's. Asking for them to be made tougher somehow is going to backfire and hurt everyone else. It's not BSTs fault that a level 99 can solo a level 77 mob. What you're effectively asking is that BST be so badly gimped it can't fight a mobs more than 20 levels lower than itself.

The proc system is a big part of the problem and it should be modified or scrapped entirely. It is the main reason for the congestion. If it weren't for the proc system more than 3 camps would be used and there'd be a whole lot more room for everyone.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Semco View Post
    No it isn't.

When EVERY job can solo the crappy, weak mobs in Dynamis it's hardly BST's fault they then do so. Seriously you people need to just stop with the nonsense.

You're moaning is the equivelant of moaning that BLU/PLD/WAR etc can kill multiple mobs with their AoE moves when the enemies are "EASY PREY". Just stop.

Seriously, only a fool would moan about the potential to be more currency available for people, a fool or an elitist who got their weapon with a LS and are moaning that's it's not rare enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    They're weak enough as is it with ridiculous limits compared to other jobs.

They work good on Easy/Decent prey any higher and they are absolutely rubbish.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 02-06-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphTheGalka View Post
    The proc system is a big part of the problem and it should be modified or scrapped entirely. It is the main reason for the congestion. If it weren't for the proc system more than 3 camps would be used and there'd be a whole lot more room for everyone.
    Fact *extra characters
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast