Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dova_quetz View Post
    Before you quote me that i full time fan dance... go on head to the first page of this thread and read my post kthx
    Glad to see you're not fulltiming it, now answer the other questions I asked.

kthx
    (0)

Character
    Marksx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I like this idea, and see how it is a very delicate subject. Taking away the restrictions would defeat the "Dual Role" that someone else mentioned. It would also be quite overpowered in some aspects.

I think not being able to use Samba during Fan Dance is quite okay, as Sambas are not the most significant features DNC offers.

On the other hand, I feel Saber dance not giving access to ANY waltzes is quite limiting. While I can live without Saber Dance changing, it's nice to dream some days. If it were to change, I propose Saber Dance incurring either:

-An increased recast time to waltzes(amount can be tweaked to avoid imbalance)
    -A direct healing done % decrease to all waltzes (again, can be tweaked)
    -Simply allow Healing Waltz to be used during Saber Dance

I believe these would all be acceptable, and I feel getting blinded or paralyzed immediately after activating saber dance really discourages using anything but Fan Dance. These changes could make it more practical outside of Party Based Damage Dealing scenarios (which is best left to other strong geared DD).

*I would also like to point out that many people use DNC in different situations, and that the suggestions I provided were more catered for use when doing solo/duo jobs and anywhere a healer would not be able to full-time babysit you.

-That's what I think anywho.
    (0)
    Last edited by Marks; 04-06-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Character
    Infamousds
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    I use both as situation dictates, when I need to hurt something I use Saber Dance (since everyone apparently forgot OA2-4 CANNOT proc on WS, while DA can). And I do use one, because its kewl and I like having nearly infinite TP to WS with my main hand and still recover for a cure if needed.

When I tank, I use Fan Dance in all of its 1-merit glory (just like Saber). Frankly, I never saw the real benefit of cast reduction on either. The recast is equal to the duration, and while faster is a situational "better" (I know I've wished I had shorter, but only rarely, and only Fan), I felt Accuracy and Evasion +9 was better on top of my capped No Foot Rise in tanking situations. I miss Sambas, but Waltz makes up for the loss since my goal isn't to DD, it's to outlive the monster until one of us dies in a blaze of glory. If I could Waltz while I was in Saber, I'd never take it off! As such, I don't think it should be implemented.

Merits are optional, spend them how YOU want. Don't like either option? Cap NFR and leave the rest of your group 2 blank and/or in Closed Position. Fan is for tanking, which means you aren't trying to kill and you have someone else to do that. Even in solo, living longer is better then going all out only to fizz and die. Ever soloed (literally soloed, no support, no dual box) an Om'Yovra? That is a glorious pain and Fan Dance was just fine @ 1 merit. If you don't believe I did it, you can look at my Soil Gorget on Quetzalcoatl and ask all of my 1 friend who hasn't quit or is friends of relatives how I got it.
    (0)
    In a crazy world, it pays to be the craziest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3