Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Just a reminder: Fan Dance blocks Sambas.
    (0)

Character
    Dova
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dova_quetz View Post
    With 5/5 fan dance u can put it up when things get shaky get your composure back click it off and go back to sambaing. its pretty simple. by time u lose all shadows and will to stay alive it'll be back up in no time! if youre halfway decent
    its simple.
    (0)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Quetzalcoatl/Dova

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If that's the level of play that you and your friends are used to, feel free to use it that way. Please stop advising others though.
    (0)

Character
    Dova
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    I'm not advising. I'm helping people put merits into more useful things. When DNC just do w/e cause it looks like a good idea is where loldnc and why bring a dnc comments get originated
    (0)

Even in a party fan dance is still better. If you ever been in a situation where things are getting shifty you can put it up and be self sufficient while everyone else tries to figure out why they leveled whatever job they are on. If you are saber dancing through parties or events/whatever and not tanking your tanks are gonna hate you. If you are tanking your mages are gonna due to lack of being able to waltz. Unless you wanna click it off. Which is a waste of a merit
    Why are you getting hit during Saber Dance in the first place? And why do you need to cure yourself? Are you getting hit sooooo much that you need mages cure bombing you while you waltz yourself? You aren't making sense.

Yes, Fan Dance is an extremely useful ability, not denying that at all! What I am aruging, is your seemingly choice to full time it. which is a poor choice. I understand that if things get hairy you should pop Fan Dance while the rest of your party gets their act together, but what about before then? You're just hurting your damage. I full time Saber Dance most of the time when I'm tanking because 1. I don't get hit often 2. When I do get hit, I let the healer heal me. They're there for a reason, no sense to waste 50+ TP curing myself when they can get back the lost MP in a few ticks. 3. It speeds things up, which is always good.
    (0)

I'm not advising. I'm helping people put merits into more useful things. When DNC just do w/e cause it looks like a good idea is where loldnc and why bring a dnc comments get originated
    Contradiction much?
    (0)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Ahahaha wow, there are a lot of terrible Dancers in this thread.

It should be obvious to anyone who has been in even a remotely decent party in abyssea that DNC heals are nowhere near worth the TP they cost, given you have a decent healer in your party. This is due to DNC WS's actually being worth a damn in abyssea. Unless your party is in dire need of heals from some TP move that brought everyone down to red, save your TP for for damage.

You should never, EVER need to use Fan Dance in a party, ever. For starters, if locks you out of your two best JAs - Saber Dancer and Haste Samba, the latter is the only reason DNCs can justify their spot to begin with. If you aren't giving your party Haste Samba 24/7, you are little more than a gimpier THF without TH, tossing around irrelevant heals. If you manage to keep hate through extended Ni and Ichi recasts, enough that makes you wish you had Damage Reduction, I question your A) tanks, B) healers and C) the other DDs in your party.

To the people who don't need Saber Dance because they have plenty of Haste and Dual Wield already... Are you guys the type of people who 'upgraded' from their AF to the Tabin Jupon set at level 59-65? I mean, it is a higher level so it's obviously better than something that is a lower level, right! Sarcasm aside, Saber Dance's Double Attack gets better the more Haste/Dual Wield you have. To say don't need Saber Dance because you attack fast enough already is like a WAR saying they hit hard enough so they don't need to use Berserk.

Finally, OAT 2-4 times is garbage except for when the only thing you care about is hitting more often (spoilers: DEX dagger and STR dagger both beat it offhand!)

The end.
    (0)

While i can appreciate the one sided criticism between what is "loldnc" because someone uses one ability or the other, all it does is prove the narrow mindedness of those people. Also while it is true that the point of saber and fan dance is to change your playing ability on the fly to suit the needs of yourself or the party u are in, the point of my idea was to remove the restrictions that hinder a dnc ability to play at its fullest while using either one of those abilties.

I think its absurd for anyone to discredit saber dance because of whatever gear that is now obtainable. All that says is that you rarely use the ability and don't see the benefits of using that ability. True the OA2-4 times dagger can get you lots of tp, but at the cost of damage per swing and any additional status bonus that the offhanded weapon provides.

And as was stated, if you are using fan dance in a party that is "loldnc". There is absolutely no reason you should have to use fan dance in a party situation unless something goes wrong. If your other party members are doing their job you should be free to play however you want (most likely trying to put out as much dmg possible).

And seriously meriting fan dance 5/5 and saying throw it up and take it down all the time is senseless. the additional merits dont reduce the timer low enough for either dance to just keep switching it out.

My final thought on the idea is imagine this, saber dance+haste samba+dual wield enhance+haste and the ability to cure urself without having to take off saber dance. Or when ur tanking, fan dance+samba.
    (0)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I the idea behind the Dances and DNC in general is that you choose which roles you want to be in at the moment. Danceless DNC offers support and healing. Saber gives you DD in exchange for healing, whereas Fan gives you tanking for support. If you get rid of the downsides of Dances, then yeah, wow that would be so great. But that's obviously not what SE wants so...

Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled up first.
    (0)

Character
    Dova
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    Why are you getting hit during Saber Dance in the first place? And why do you need to cure yourself? Are you getting hit sooooo much that you need mages cure bombing you while you waltz yourself? You aren't making sense.

Yes, Fan Dance is an extremely useful ability, not denying that at all! What I am aruging, is your seemingly choice to full time it. which is a poor choice. I understand that if things get hairy you should pop Fan Dance while the rest of your party gets their act together, but what about before then? You're just hurting your damage. I full time Saber Dance most of the time when I'm tanking because 1. I don't get hit often 2. When I do get hit, I let the healer heal me. They're there for a reason, no sense to waste 50+ TP curing myself when they can get back the lost MP in a few ticks. 3. It speeds things up, which is always good.
    Before you quote me that i full time fan dance... go on head to the first page of this thread and read my post kthx
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast