Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Allforone
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    And by "netbook" you mean laptop? Because they're very different entities.
    Yes Netbook meaning Laptop, but the laptop is smaller than a Regular laptop ( which is why its called a netbook lol)
    (0)

not sure just how well the game will run with that GMA 3150....it's pretty low on the totem pole, so good luck in congested areas.

They could probably use a little more info on just what you are dealing with:

Have you found anything interesting in the Event Viewer when it crashes?

Was this a Steam install?

If so, was it a recent download, or are you using older files that you pulled from an older installation to try to install on her system?

There have been situations where the POL installed through stream would have or create issues. If it's an older pull, may need to get a fresh one (or the reverse). Also, if it is a Steam Install but you are using the downloaded POL installer from SE, there may be a mismatch in the file locations (part of the install is registered in the SE path, other parts in the Steam path). Will need to reconcile the two versions (ie: copy files to the proper location, or reinstall the POL viewer into the Steam path, etc.). If it is a fairly recent Steam download it should have the Win7 compliant viewer, so you may not need the SE download (there is one exception with one release that wouldn't update properly, which is why I mentioned getting a fresh pull if you can).
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Allforone
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    not sure just how well the game will run with that GMA 3150....it's pretty low on the totem pole, so good luck in congested areas.

They could probably use a little more info on just what you are dealing with:

Have you found anything interesting in the Event Viewer when it crashes?

Was this a Steam install?

If so, was it a recent download, or are you using older files that you pulled from an older installation to try to install on her system?

There have been situations where the POL installed through stream would have or create issues. If it's an older pull, may need to get a fresh one (or the reverse). Also, if it is a Steam Install but you are using the downloaded POL installer from SE, there may be a mismatch in the file locations (part of the install is registered in the SE path, other parts in the Steam path). Will need to reconcile the two versions (ie: copy files to the proper location, or reinstall the POL viewer into the Steam path, etc.). If it is a fairly recent Steam download it should have the Win7 compliant viewer, so you may not need the SE download (there is one exception with one release that wouldn't update properly, which is why I mentioned getting a fresh pull if you can).
    Well since shes just starting out, the areas she'll be at for a few months won't be congested aat all, and if they are, just have to work around them ( or even lower the rez, when she gets that far) However the Processor and the 1 GB of ram should be able to compensate the Congested areas.

In anyrate This was the Abyssea Collection ( most recent collection she has gotton) I read up people having problems with this collection in general, mostly from the (POL) end of things. and its only when FFXI is installed when POL doesn't want to boot up at all, so Perhaps its a Bad POL Version. I was suggested by someone to try POL from the Vanadial Collection of 2008, as he had the same exact problem, and fix it. ( which I am downloading now via Torrent, since there is no other way of obtaining it and since Im only extracting POL, and I already bought the collection they aren't losing money so it should be okay to do so.

If steam is considered ( Digital Download) then yes it was through Steam, there was no disc involved as her computer doesn't Host a CD/DVD ROM. The Event Viewer didn't pop up with anything.. :/
    (0)

Character
    Allforone
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 80
    Just got done talking to a rep, and he said that Graphics card isnt efficient to run FFXI.. I don't get that since it works for other people with that GPU.. >.>
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    As RAIST sort of said, for an install via Steam, you should not use any external means of installing PlayOnline Viewer.
    If this is what has happened, I would suggest removing any installation of PlayOnline Viewer and FFXI and then installing via Steam, and only Steam.

That said, I would advice against using Steam at all, for anything, as long as possible for various reasons.
    But that's me. ^^;

The game very well might not run, but if your PlayOnline Viewer isn't starting, it's a little early to say especially if other people have been able to run it with similar hardware.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    My computer works fine, my girlfriend wants to join FFXI and her computer is more than enough to run this 10 year old game, she has a Netbook here are the Specs:

1GB Ram

1.67GHz Intel Dual Core Processor

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (GPU)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Playonline does operate without FFXI being installed, however once I install FFXI ( main game) it won't boot up for some odd reason... any reason behind this?

Thank you!
    Your computer is insufficient to run the game

I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think the game will run at all with that Intel video chipset, and you don't really have enough RAM for anything these days.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2