Character
    Wibbly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90

Expanding mog house!

Last Edit: 5/29/2011 12:00 AM

I may have put this in a lot of times over the years, but let me give it another shot!

You're an adventurer that has seen the world, fought terrible monsters, helped your nations again and again and become beloved by it's citizens. You've grown in rank and status and become a true hero. You've seen the highest and lowest points of everything in your grand journey. You've collected treasures and baubles and armors and weapons the world could only dream of laying their hands on!

And you keep it all in boxes and out of sight in a tiny studio apartment shared with your cuddly servant.

Err... Yeah. So we come to expandable mog houses! If you can carry an invisible bag full of items and pay a goblin who can amazingly work on a bag you never hold or see and "fix" it for you, why not pay and supply items to make your home nations house bigger so you can start showing off your rank, power, fortune and station in life? More spots to show your collectibles, properly organize them into rooms, and finally have your bedroom and place to change away from the prying eyes of your moogle!

I think it would be as simple as making the environments, then making them available through rank, fame, and getting supplies for a quest! Then waiting days or a week or some such for the work to be finished and have a larger home, a brand new wing room, maybe even a loft with stairs leading to it or something.

Imagine how happy your moogle will be that he can finally stretch his legs in your now well sized home~!

And imagine his melancholy when he realizes he also has to keep cleaning it for you!

Every person I speak this two comes back and says the same thing. "Yeah! That's a great idea!" So what do you guys say??

EDIT:

Mog House Expansion

>Expanded Mog Houses<

A simplified version, 1.2

1: Requirements for Expanding One's home.

Mog house expansions will require certain criteria to be met in one's adventuring lifestyle to spur a moogle into thinking that a bigger home might be required to live comfortably. These criteria, so far, include but are not limited to:

1: Completing a rank 10 mission for your home nation.
    2: Completing the story lines for other major expansions.
    3: Completing quest related criteria.

Believably, these conditions can be met at any time, but being sequential would be preferred for simplicity.

The first upgrade would add an additional room on either the side, or back of your mog house respective of the limitations of your home nations architecture.

The second upgrade would do the same thing as the first upgrade, still limited by the requirements of the homes architecture, and add an identical room opposite the first.

The third upgrade would add a loft above the main floor of the mog houses first floor, and place stairs leading from the back of the room to the loft. This is easier due to the fact that most mog houses have areas in the rear of the room that cannot have furniture placed in them lest they obstruct the houses primary decoration. Additionally, this may display itself as a third annexed room for a greenhouse, or a basement floor.

Each upgrade would require:

1: A sum of gil to handle the expenses and labor involved in expanding the home.
    2: Framework items (created through woodworking or metalworking), as well as certain "flavor" items to assist in it's construction such as quested items, equipment, or materials.
    3: (Optional) Completion of a quest to find proper labor, or rare items required in the upgrades.
    4: The appropriate conditions met including rank.

2: The Process. (Off the cuff)

First Upgrade: You've done it! Under no uncertain terms by reaching rank 10 for your home nation you have proven your mettle to all those who live near you and become an adventurer worth merit in their eyes. The leader of your nation sends their personal regards to your moogle, and commends you for your accomplishments. Given the nature of your mog house, and the nature of the houses of important figures in the nations cities, it seems paltry to keep you in a home quite so small.
    Your moogle informs you that the city has given you permission to expand, and thanks to your moogles connections to the MHMU, they have just the solution in mind! If you collect the proper materials and funds necessary to expand your home then your moogle can handle all the paperwork!

Second Upgrade: The Emptiness is banished, Promathia is defeated, the world is once again brought to peace through your selfless acts. Gifts of fine stone and wood are lavished on you from nations afar. But the bad news is your moogle has nowhere to store it all! Pondering the subject, the conclusion is another mog house expansion!
    Seeing as you already have the wood and stone that will be needed, the funding and labor will be required. The woodworkers and blacksmithing guilds would be happy for the work, so it would be best to find people who are willing to assist you on the project! Your moogle will handle organizing all of the materials and paperwork, but the sooner you have people to use them the better!

Third Upgrade: The new Empress of Aht Urghan has been crowned. You are labeled the eternal mercenary. You travel to your home nation with mixed feelings on how things happened in the far reaches of the world...
    But your moogle can't handle all these gifts people keep sending back to you! It's all well and good to be a heroic adventurer until your moogle breaks their back to keep all of your newfound wealth and fame inside such a home, now too small to contain itself! Your neighbors are starting to complain! There has to be a solution. The ministries in Windurst can magically expand your home with the help of the MHMU's skills and secrets so that your home can be bigger than ever without taking up more room! Hey, if they can make a satchel carry ten sets of armor, they may as well try to do it on a house!
    But the price and materials will be expensive, or hard to find. This isn't an every day business venture. You'll need skilled labor, rare items and artifacts, the strongest materials you can manage to obtain, and most of all enough money to pay for it all!

3: The Optional Stuff (not necessarily included)

1: Furniture Storage: Your home has become so large and filled with things your poor moogles wings are having trouble holding up all the heavy objects in his bags, magical or not! They suggest it might be an excellent idea to consider more permanent solutions to where you're going to store your furniture in the future!

2: The Balcony or Greenhouse:

>Balcony and Greenhouse<

While your moogle might have a green thumb the likes of which no other moogle can compare to, the plants you're trying to grow might want more sunlight to help them grow big and strong! This might be a good excuse to add an exterior expansion to your mog house, even if it comes included in the final expansion of your mog house.

4: What Else? (Things maybe not even in this project)

1: Split Elements: "The fire element in your main room is fizzling out the ice element in your second room, which is in turn getting harassed by your water element in the third! I think it might be a fair idea to keep them separated!" says your flustered moogle as they try to manage your home. But hey, that's what magic is for! Keeping the elements in your home split apart would not only impart you with a more balanced strategy for how your furniture is placed out, but where it is placed out to provide you with the bonuses you need, where you need them. And more so, no more puddles randomly appearing in your home!

2: Usable Furniture:

>Usable Furniture<

Multiple animations have been added to allow NPC's to enjoy their environments, so why shouldn't PC's be able to as well? Allowing use of your furniture adds one, notably comfortable, layer to the uses of the furniture you purchase for your home. Sit down to meetings with your LS by actually sitting down to a meeting! Feed your fish tanks! Take a cat nap in your arm chair next to the fire.

3: More Furniture: This only applies to the second optional idea, being that while we currently have furniture made and ready, and constantly being added to our mog houses, perhaps a set of designated usable furnitures can be added to assist in the endeavor of making our mog houses more homey.

4: Optional Payed Services: You see this a lot in online games these days, and seeing as the lovely people at Square-Enix are sacrificing their air conditioning to provide us our game, we should add as much to their wallets for a vacation somewhere cool and relaxing as possible. Special furniture for your mog house purchased on the side. Good looking furniture. Furniture with special function. Collectible or musical furniture from the past that is no longer available. The options are endless and will allow for side purchases without disrupting game balance issues the same as offering payed for armor and weapons, which is a slippery slope idea. Even better, how about simply purchasing special materials that you give to a woodworker in game to make the furniture for you? Of course this means that rare/ex furnitures wouldn't be available. It's all an idea to begin with, something to spur thought.
    (30)
    Last edited by Wibbly; 05-29-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You posted this in the wrong place, but I assume it will get moved to the right forum anyway.

I 100% fully support this suggestion - and I too would love to see the ability to add further rooms, possibly a loft as you mentioned, and maybe the addition of further mog safes (a way to lay more furniture... I'm currently ~70/80 on my mog safe, and it's all furnishings).

You can still do a lot with the current layout if you can get the right items (good luck), but I do often find myself wishing I had an extra square of space to work with along each side of the wall.

Some minor additions I'd also like to see added:

- Allow us to use the front wall to hang wall items.

- Stationary set and Wastebasket to be included among the EX items transferable to the same POL account. I tossed them before I bothered with mog house stuff, and would like to reacquire them somehow - even if by doing the quest on a mule.
    (0)

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you can afford it: 3 Mannequins is the only furnitures you need to cap the total storage space for /80 spots. Each Mannequin gives 28 storage spaces. I have 3 mannequins myself but I also have other crap laying around in my MH because they're ex or ex/rare and I don't like to get rid of some of that stuff. Extra rooms would be nice but I don't think people really visiting their nation MH very much anyways. Sadly I don't think most of the playerbase would have use of all those extra rooms unless each room gives some storage space also even if it's a small amount like /20 spaces for a kitchen or /50 spaces for a bedroom.
    (0)

Character
    Wibbly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I have plenty of storage and a good layout in my house. It's just that it get's cramped! Adding in the fact the rug in the center (obviously for usability and spawning reasons) takes up a large amount of space and it leaves you with fewer options.
    Now instead imagine expanding your house so I can move my bed and Almirah into one room, my blatant storage into another, and decorate my center room to entertain guests or show off my stuff!

You could even diversify it! Each nation would have something something specific to lend to their rooms. The loft could go to one nation, a larger back room put in the back walls could go to another, and the third could get something entirely else though I'm short on ideas and sleep...

I imagine so long as the options are simple to include, they'd be great! Especially considering how high the ceilings are in some nations, or the structure of the walls allows for small archways to be put in to lead to other rooms. I imagine Bastok having more floor space, Sandy having something articulate added, and Windurst having the loft to be honest. Seems very "cat-like" if you ask me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wibbly; 03-15-2011 at 08:06 AM.

*nods* We become grand adventurers, gone from being looked down on to being able to hang out with the rulers of nations on a whim, saved the world countless times. Having a nicer apartment would be awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Wibbly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    It only makes sense!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    My moogle is a racist.

Character
    Wibbly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Well let's not simply let this rest as a good idea. Coming to brass tacks about it, it would be best to think this idea through fully! What nations get what expansions? What would be the requirements or quest to get it done? What materials it would cost?

For my ideas I think it would be best to expand at rank 6, after defeating the Shadow Lord, and rank 10, being a true hero for your nation!
    (0)
    My moogle is a racist.

At this point...I'd settle for just being able to add a simple closet to throw my junk in myself. I didnd't go the manequin route, but got one of the 65 storage wall shelf system things. So I have a handful of other pieces in there (bed for xp moghancement, beverage barrel for free grape drinks, pots for planting in and such). I've only got roughly 6 or maybe 7 spots of "wasted" space in furniture to max out storage. Took all my stuff down from AH before the servers went offline (just in case) and I'm 100% full on 80/80/80/80/80 (well, except my inbox has only one item in it still, so I technically have that open).

Raist
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Wibbly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I have 80 storage too, it's not about that. I want to collect many more things for my mog house to display and decorate with to be honest! Keep in mind. I have 80 storage with my mog safe still being just 30! (Anyone wanna lend me expansion beds and items on Quetzalcotl? xD)

This is made to be aesthetically pleasing to make your house a home!
    (0)
    My moogle is a racist.

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I second this. Like many others, I enjoy decorating my moghouse but find that trying to create a home feeling is difficult. Also many of my decorations don't always transition well from the sleeping area to wardrobe, to small dinning area. I'd also like to add another suggestion for the crafters/herbalist who need specific auras.

-Rather than make the entire home subjected to auras, make the primary the Aura affected area and additional areas Aura-effect negated. This way even crafters can still decorate their MH without worry of losing Aura effects due to furnishings they place in the expansion areas. Currently I have to keep most of my plants on mules cause of furniture aura overpowering Auras for growing >.< If not then possibly the option to turn aura on certain pieces available ;;
    (0)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 03-17-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast