Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Dark Magic Nukes ~ Because we have no Firepower!

Alright, here's the promised thread! I've seen a lot of asking for dark based nukes and I've decided to ask my brother and sister dark knights to put their thoughts here.

I'll begin by saying, inflammatory as this may seem, that my Black Mage and Comet say "HI" and that dark based nukes are not that great. Dark Magic seems to be one of the most resisted forms of magic in Final Fantasy 11 by just about everything. Red Mage also says "welcome to my banana boat" because enfeebles are there until they implement their 'update'.

I would say a lot but I'll be frank, ALL of the Dark Knight community save a miserly few seems to have forgotten that we have access to elemental magic, which is laughably the source of our fire power. But do you really know WHY it sucks? I'm sure you do because I've seen it said.

WE
    NEED
    MAGIC ATTACK BONUS NATIVELY!!!!!

That is what our lack of firepower boils down to, not arguably, dark based nukes. This is being said using Impact as the only shared dark nuke I can use between BLM and DRK, is that I can destroy any dark knight casting it because of MAB.

So, in closing, before we ask for 'dark based nukes' how about we ask for the actual gun before choosing the bullets, friends.

Ready!

Set!

GO!
    (1)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    you at least can attempt to use Impact outside Abby I need an mp build to use on EV i dont want to imagine a GK DRK trying lol

as far as MAB aye we do need it. for the hell of it here's a comparison RDM gets a native MAB and T IV nukes yet DRK gets 0 MAB and has higher elemental magic skill but only access to T3 Nukes
    (1)

Player
    Sch should get it too. (Even though this is the Drk thread...)
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Scholar has job abilities that boost their attack power, so they don't count. (my hubby is a career sch)
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    Scholar has job abilities that boost their attack power, so they don't count. (my hubby is a career sch)
    Yeah but Schs and Drks could have a couple of levels of Magic Attack Bonus Traits. At least 3 levels, which is the same as how many Rdm has.
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    From what I understand, they won't give sch a native magic attack bonus trait because their Arts boost their base skills. They also have that JA Ebullience, or something like that that also is a major boost. If they added MAB traits it would throw the balance between SCH and BLM, of which the one is a tactical job and the other as a pure master. That is why they don't and shouldn't get MAB traits. SCHs are NOT BLMs nor should they try to be. (no offense meant with that, but I've had to deal with wanna be mini blm scholars and it annoys me)

Also, you get MAB from rdm sub so it's moot point for native level 3, because they don't stack.
    (0)

Player
    From what I understand, they won't give sch a native magic attack bonus trait because their Arts boost their base skills. They also have that JA Ebullience, or something like that that also is a major boost. If they added MAB traits it would throw the balance between SCH and BLM, of which the one is a tactical job and the other as a pure master. That is why they don't and shouldn't get MAB traits. SCHs are NOT BLMs nor should they try to be. (no offense meant with that, but I've had to deal with wanna be mini blm scholars and it annoys me)

Also, you get MAB from rdm sub so it's moot point for native level 3, because they don't stack.
    I wish I could message you in private instead of clogging the Drk forums with Sch talk, (unless there is a way to so that I don't know about..) but with /Rdm or /Blm you get Magic Attack Bonus II. Why not just add a Magic Attack Bonus III that is native to Sch and Drk. Blm get's Magic Attack Bonus V. Surely this won't make Sch over powered, right?
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Start a similar thread on sch board and we can discuss all we want. I'll even put on my mage coat and hat.
    (0)

Player
    Start a similar thread on sch board and we can discuss all we want. I'll even put on my mage coat and hat.
    =) Your silly.
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SCH was always about choosing the right sub for the situation and yea we always choose RDM case it beats everything hands down now but before there was more too it either way the fact is SCH can nuke as hard as a BLM and can main heal in alot of cases.

Imo making it overpowered (lol thats why i play SCH) so asking for a buff to improve something on SCH that is already strong is dumb tho.... SE should give ya MAB teir 1 just so you still sub RDM and it has no effect haha
    (1)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast