Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Atomos, Cait Sith, Meteor, Spike Flail: still on the way?

When levels 76-99 were announced, Meteor and Spike Flail were mentioned to be in the future for players (revealed in the official Twitter feed, as I recall). So, are we still getting those spells? I think I recall the wording of the Meteor mention being something to the extent of "We think it's time for BLM to learn Meteor!"

Also, Summoners were teased with the addition of Atomos and Cait Sith in the official release stating SE's intentions for all jobs. I think that Atomos and Cait Sith were even elaborated on: Cait Sith would function similarly to Carbuncle, while Atomos would function similarly to Odin. Are these avatars really on the way?

Or were these four spell announcements just gimmicks to get us excited for the future?
    (7)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'd like Meteor and Cait Sith at the very least.

I was very sad when I saw the update notes were missing Meteor. At least we got Comet, but it's just not the same!

And as for Cait Sith, I've been waiting years to have another Light based avatar that could follow me around. I love Carbuncle very much, but he's kind of a weakling...
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes, they're still on the way. God knows when, but eventually.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The optimism is refreshing, Alhanelem, but I can't imagine Square Enix saying anything other than "Spike Flail is too powerful, so we went with Absolute Terror instead," and "Meteor is too powerful, so we went with Comet instead."
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    When levels 76-99 were announced, Meteor and Spike Flail were mentioned to be in the future for players (revealed in the official Twitter feed, as I recall). So, are we still getting those spells? I think I recall the wording of the Meteor mention being something to the extent of "We think it's time for BLM to learn Meteor!"

Also, Summoners were teased with the addition of Atomos and Cait Sith in the official release stating SE's intentions for all jobs. I think that Atomos and Cait Sith were even elaborated on: Cait Sith would function similarly to Carbuncle, while Atomos would function similarly to Odin. Are these avatars really on the way?

Or were these four spell announcements just gimmicks to get us excited for the future?

Wrong development team. That was the previous team, the one that actually listens to us and provides feedback. This one doesn't care.
    (14)

Getting Alexander and Odin as 2 hours only took them 3 years. Now that they actually plan on giving us a real avatar, I would estimate it to take 5 years at least.

Not to mention they always use avatars to keep people playing, so they should be delayed until about 4 months after next expansion. Just to make sure gullible people stick around and pay.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I remember them saying that blackmage would get Comet 90-95 which they did, and Meteor 95-99. That Cait Sith would be a regular avatar that would follow you around, but Atmos would be 2-hour only.

My thoughts/hopes. I dont want meteor to be a 5% drop from VWNM or Legion or anything like that. I want a Quest again, all the old cool spells were quests, Warps, drain, aspir, tele-ports. dont make it some fetch quest though, make the Blm solo fight someone for it, super Maat style.

As for the avatars I remember once they added VWNM and the CS with the grey Cait Sith, my first thought was to yell at my screen "they better not give me that one instead" I want people to have to finish WotG and fight Cait Sith and Atmos to earn them, just like the rest have been. hope that its not Hey you've completed all of VWNM and have earned all the titles give me 50 Voidstones and 1 mil cruor and I'll let you fight me.
    (4)

Character
    Daynemog
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post148884
    07-19-2011 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Going to make this concise and just come out and say it.

BLM will learn both Comet and Meteor.

Power...overwhelming...
    Camate said Black Mage will get both, but did not say when exactly. We have Comet... its only a matter of time before we get Meteor.
    (0)
    Dayne {Ramuh} since 2004. Daynemog {Bahamut} since 2011 [Ramuh->Bahamut merge].

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDayne View Post
    Camate said Black Mage will get both, but did not say when exactly. We have Comet... its only a matter of time before we get Meteor.
    he's just the Messenger though, and dev team changes their minds alot and we just dont get word if something isn't going to happen anymore.

Example, Months ago they passed word to us that the Ah in Port Jeuno would be closing and the jeuno tax would make a come back to help reduce the congestion.

After the lvl cap was bumped up to lvl 95 people complained that War didn't get any new JAs, they then told us the reason behind this was because they were looking at give them something at 95-99. the only thing they got was a ja/WS nerf. not what everyone was expecting.

while I hope they come through on meteor and the avatars (Dont really care about Blu lol) im also not getting my hopes up
    (3)

Meteor is probably going to be the BLMs 2nd 2 hour that they are adding later.
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast