Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Most games do not restore items (or place strong limits on it as FFXI), and there are reasons why. Among them is if there are never ever any consequences for mistakes, people will not learn to not make them.
    Have you ever played Wow?

Blizzard gives you basically unlimited restores on items. If you accidentally tossed something, disenchanted, sold something to a npc and the buy back timer expired, they will restore the item even if it happened a couple months ago. All you have to do is send in a ticket with a GM. They will also give you back characters you delete too if you want them restored.

For example 3 months ago my friend sold a Souldrinker which drops from Deathwing to a NPC because he thought he would never use it on his DK because he liked 2 handed weapons better. Tunes out he got another 1 handed weapon from Morchok and well dualwielding 2 one hand weapons was better, he sent in a ticket to a GM to get his Souldrinker restored and they restored it even though he sold it 3 months ago.

So you can't say most games don't allow it. Just that I don't think SE wants to go above and beyond and provide that much customer service.
    (9)
    Last edited by Zumi; 03-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Have you ever played Wow?

Blizzard gives you basically unlimited restores on items. If you accidentally tossed something, disenchanted, sold something to a npc and the buy back timer expired, they will restore the item even if it happened a couple months ago. All you have to do is send in a ticket with a GM. They will also give you back characters you delete too if you want them restored.

So you can't say most games don't allow it.
    WoW is one game, not most games. Yes, practically every game out there copies WoW in lots of ways, but policies are not one of them.
    (2)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Would it really be that gamebreaking to allow one item restore per year? The idea that once you use your freebie you're thrown to the wolves is pretty ridiculous
    (11)

Character
    Sarutomi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I agree that the policy should be changed mostly for relic, empyrean, or mythic weapons since they are difficult to reattain. Other items like kraken club or very rare items in that category should be able to get back too.
    (2)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Best thing I have heard was charge us for the recovery of an item lol. $10 seems fair for w.e you want returned to you. This ONE time thing can be devastating, if it was a bug, or if you accidentally droped an item. I know that if say I had a mythic and it accidentally hit the floor, I would scream and basically quit knowing they won't give me the option to get a recovery on 6 months to a years worth of work.
    (0)

Player
    I'm really curious what business reasons there could be for making the item restore a one-time thing rather than an annual thing. If it truly takes a concentrated and prolonged effort for an SE employee to look through a log and confirm the item in question was somehow destroyed, somebody made a mistake roughly one decade ago that puts the mistake made by anyone accidentally tossing an item to shame.

Of course, that doesn't make the scenario impossible. Just really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    secretely Rosina
    This phrase gives me the most horrifying mental image ever.

Some poor guy wakes up in the morning to discover that, from every pore in his body, a thick and barely cognizant slime has been seeping all night. He tries to phone for help, but the numbers no longer make sense though the gelatinous haze of limited competence. Soon, even the idea of calling for help fades. Instead, a "sosage and pooparooni" pizza is ordered because that's who was contacted through randomly mashing buttons.

Sadly, the pizza place is two states over in North Dakota and, even if it were right next door, he somehow gave them the address of a plumbing supply store instead of his house. There will be no sosage. There will be no pooparooni.
    (6)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 03-19-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: NO POOPAROONI!

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    i honestly laugh about the almace premise as being a reason for you to want more then 1 restore for your account but i do agree we need more then 1 use. my account was hacked 3 years ago and 3 mil worth of gear was taken and my characters server was switched. i did however get se to roll my account back and switch me back to my server but it did still cost me $25 for server switch which i believe is unjust and insane as well is used up my 1 time restore which i also believe is bull dooty.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    Would it really be that gamebreaking to allow one item restore per year? The idea that once you use your freebie you're thrown to the wolves is pretty ridiculous
    Nothing to do with breaking the game. It has to do with "how can we get away with having less staff than we really should have". It is just another corner for a business to cut and save some money.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    Definately needs to be revised....after all, what's the point of having a backup policy if you are never going to use it? I know it's a pain to retrieve one set of records from a catalogue...I've had to do it several times. But....that's part of the job description for the people they've hired. Also....what else is our $12.95+ every 30 days going for? Certainly not all of it is being used on FF11....need to reclaim some of that revenue from FF14 and reinvest it back into FF11.
    That is a very good question: "What does our 12.95$ go to?" It certanly isnt exiting, new content thats for sure -.-
    (1)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

The 1-restore policy need to be change. It should be circumstantial. Things like relic/empy/mythic weapons are not easy items to get. It took the time of the person and the people who was willing to help. By not restoring the item, it's more than just a slap in the face for the player, but to everyone who have contributed to it.

Seriously FFXI Dev., GMs, SGM, Producer, whoever, PLEASE CHANGE THIS to a circumstantial policy to allow people to get their important, hard-earned items back.
    (0)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast