Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ability limits

Player

Ability limits

Hello.

With the post on DRG update, we learned that 12 is the maximum abilities recast.

Dnc already have 12 abilities with different recasts(Trance, Sambas, Waltzes, Steps, Flourishes, Jigs, Flourishes II, Saber Dance, Fan Dance, No Foot Rise, Presto, Flourishes III)

so what is still open for DNC to improve ?

is there still possibilities to add new frourishes in the existing categories or is 3 per recast the maximum ?
    what about waltz/samba/jig ?

the option of "shared recasts" is prety much out as most dnc abilities already are like that and the others are mostly merits (that would only leave presto as a possible shared recast with something)

while the jobs are 99 and there shouldn't be a lot more to come, i still feel DNC could use some new things...
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think 2hr doesn't count for the 12 JA limits, otherwise some jobs like SAM and THF would be at 13 JAs with different recast times.
    If you take out 2hrs they're at 12 instead.
    Which led me to think 2hr JA doesn't count toward the 12 limits, which means DNC is technically still at 11, rejoyce everyone!
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Replace aspir II (make aspir samba 1 stronger please) and tenary with something like... contagion transfer or TP -> PT transfer they done nerfed absorb TP for drk and i could have sworn we was supposed to get some sort of regain ability so this would fit the bill.

Although sam is able to do that... how many actually do and often? We get so much TP (not complaining!) that we should be able to give some to other members or disperse it among the party every so often.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Neither of those JAs count as separate JAs. Our JAs are:

Trance
    Sambas
    Waltzes
    Jigs
    Steps
    Flourishes I
    Flourishes II
    Saber Dance
    Fan Dance
    No Foot Rise
    Presto
    Flourishes III

So there are 12. We are already at the JA limit, which is why we can't have split waltzes or any JAs outside of the categories that already exist.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sucks so hardcore.
    (0)

Player
    still according to drg thread, they are looking into breaking that cap.

anyway, we still may be able to get more steps/sambas/waltzes/jigs/flourishes1-2-3
    and finishing move cap increase is another option.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Neither of those JAs count as separate JAs. Our JAs are:

[cut]

So there are 12. We are already at the JA limit, which is why we can't have split waltzes or any JAs outside of the categories that already exist.
    Appearently Trance (2hr) doesn't count toward the 12 abilities limit because it's a recast shared by all job, so it's a category of its own.
    Which means we're at 11, I guess?

The JA limit is no real limit for DNC imho, not talking about the fact we have 1 additional free slot, I mean that they could easily add more useful stuff to flourishes, especially flourish III which atm it doesn't seem particularly good unless you have a Terpsichore maybe.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We have 1 slot open for a 12th JA still, since Trance doesnt count. I think SE has plans for that last slot at 99, and thats why we can't split waltz timers.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I doubt they have any plans for any job aside from Araise, Meteor and some minor tweaks (oh and a new 2hr for all jobs, meritable, allowing you to pick 3 out of 20 possibilities), but maybe I'm just seeing the glass half empty here.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Appearently Trance (2hr) doesn't count toward the 12 abilities limit because it's a recast shared by all job, so it's a category of its own.
    Which means we're at 11, I guess?

The JA limit is no real limit for DNC imho, not talking about the fact we have 1 additional free slot, I mean that they could easily add more useful stuff to flourishes, especially flourish III which atm it doesn't seem particularly good unless you have a Terpsichore maybe.
    There's virtually no reason to use Flourishes III whatsoever unless you're main-handing Twashtar
    . That's one of the downfalls of Terpsichore. Extra finishing moves, absolutely nothing to do with them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast