Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

SCH cure potency gear & curing sets.

So how much cure potency +% can SCH reach after the last few updates? I'm asking because I'm assuming that this list isn't complete.

Also: Can I get a look at some of the curing sets from other scholars in the community? I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    SCH can finally reach 50% cure potency cap.

I'm using:

lvl 90 cure pot staff
    Nefer NQ body (http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11864/nefer-kalasiris)
    serpentes hands/feet
    twilight cape
    light obi
    augmented shantotto pants with +4%

which is only like 46% i think

upgrades include:
    lvl 99 cure pot staff (stupid geodes)
    fyglia torque +1 (1mil+ for 3%? no thanks)
    akvan body (0/48, fml)
    cure pot cape if for some reason you arent using twilight.
    MKE hat for when you're not using rapture
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    What Raksha said. I'll add Praeco Slacks (+4% potency, -8 enmity, -3% casting time), which aren't on that wiki page. I didn't do the 2nd or 3rd mini expansions so this was nice to see. It's 1 less potency than Shan. pants but -4 more enmity and -3% casting time.

Don't forget that Twilight Cape + Korin Obi +Aurorastorm is multiplicative to other potency gear and not subject to the potency cap.
    (1)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    i was goin to say what Merton mentioned about cape and obi but ill throw in the math. Raksha said she was at +46% cure pot but shes actullly at...
    Staff +22
    hand/feet est + 5
    Pants +4
    ------------- 36%

obi + cape = 1.15 multiplier

Total cure pot = (36%(+cure pot) +100%(Base %))*1.15(Obi/Cape)= 150.65%

Showing she has actually reached 50%. In the use of the obi and cape you can reach a max +172.5% this is when u can reach +50%

And i believe the max cure pot is:
    Staff +24%
    Body +15%
    Pants +4%
    hand/feet +5%
    ----------------Total = +48% with Obi/Cape = +70.2%
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    i was goin to say what Merton mentioned about cape and obi but ill throw in the math. Raksha said she was at +46% cure pot but shes actullly at...
    Staff +22
    hand/feet est + 5
    Pants +4
    ------------- 36%

+ nefer body 10%

Also cape and obi don't count towards the 50% cure potency cap, it's technically weather bonus.
    (0)
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.

LOGIC.

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Staff 95 - 23%
    Fyglia torque nq - 2%
    Serpentes set - 5%
    Praeco Slacks - 4%
    Heka's Kalasiris - 15%

Total 50% with minimal gil investment (but I'm 0/150+ on the stupid thing, so...).
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    My set is:
    main: Arka IV
    grip: Pax
    ammo: Leisure Musk
    head: Argute Mboard +2
    neck: Fyglia
    ear1: Novia
    ear2: Star Earring
    body: Heka's
    hand's: Augur's
    ring1: Tamas
    ring2: Sirona's
    back: Twillight
    waist: Korin Obi
    legs: Praeco
    feet: scholar's
    (precast genbu's 7% cct/ incantor stone 2% fc)

This gives me just enough to make my normal cures 700 and raptures 1100s. Also just enough to make the recast of cure IV only 4 seconds. I have -44 enm when including minuo and merits as well. Casting time is -67%.

Upgrades:
    Fylgja +1 (as already stated not paying such a high price for 1% cure pot atleast not right now)
    Loq earring
    prolix ring
    verse strap +1
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Gee, looks like I'm the gimpest SCH in the world! D:
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Gee, looks like I'm the gimpest SCH in the world! D:
    We all started somewhere.

I finally took the plunge and and upgraded my surya's staff, so that puts me at 48% cure potency. Tempted to buy NQ fylgja but i'm at 78/80 inventory right now (-__-)
    (0)

LOGIC.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't have any trial staves atm, I always try to convince myself to start somewhere but then the huge amount of work necessary to get all the ones I'd want always pulls me off and I use my time with other things (farming dynamis and materials for my Daurdabla).

Yes, I'm THAT gimp, still using HQ staves! Can you believe it? I swear it's true D:
    I used all sort of excuses to keep using HQ staves so far, Accuracy for BRD, perp for SMN etc (inventory space yo!) but recently I got a -3 perp staff for SMN and I don't really bother with accuracy staves on BRD anymore with my current setup, so really I have no excuses left, just my lazyness.

Can I keep using the excuse that I have many other jobs and that I really cannot fuc**ng stand elemental trials?
    It's more a psychological issue than a practical one (because at the end of the day, elemental trials often come up as being faster than the majority of other trials if you make use of weather and get 5-6 credits per kill).
    The fact I have to wait for weather/day and I have to "schedule" my real life and my in-game life around being able to get a random event that occurs every now and then (weather) or every 8ish hours (day) is... I dunno, terribly frustrating and always pulls me off.
    I think I completed only a single elemental trial so far, an ice one (which is considered the easiest?) for a loljob I won't even mention to avoid getting furtherly trolled, I have to say the first 2 steps of the weapon (where you can't make use of the day thing) took me probably more time than the other steps which I completed mostly in Uleg range (demons one maybe took a bit more, they were a bit harder to go down with my gear at level 90) in 2 days or a bit less.

My current lolgear for cures atm is
    Apollo's / some grip with mnd / ... / fastcast thing (I usually just keep it on precast but got nothing to swap to aftercast)
    Cenobite(Savant) / uh Savant? / ... / Celestial
    Heka's / Serpentes / ... / Celestial
    Twilight / Argute / Praeco / Serpentes

Feel Augurgloves+Tealfeet might be better if the change to healing/mnd coefficients really happen.
    And some bizarre explanations, I don't swap the left rings/ears because uhm... because I'm lazy/cheap I guess, I just leave the ones I idle in in there (Gifted earring/bifrost ring, if I recall?), and I use Celestial instead of 7mnd rings because I'm cheap and I already had celestial from the lv75 era, and because they have +mp on them, my MP pool is so ridiculously low it actually helps to lose a bit less mp from the constant swapping in&out.

But really, I deserve to get fully trolled and humiliated now I guess! :P
    In my defense, I'm really having inventory issues atm which I'm trying to sort out over the next weeks, and I never get called on SCH (and no! the reason is not because I suck, which is true tbh, but rather because we never use SCHs anymore since the VW proc change, and even before then we didn't really use them so much either)
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast