Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Can just go with a ls that all players pay towards the pop item, i.e. 18 players pay 20k gil each.

Also, my only concern about the gear here is if it outdates the VW gear, which would beg the question as to why the VW drop rates are so low if this event drops better gear and more of it. I got no problem with VW drop rates, as long as this new legion stuff doesnt outdate the good rare/ex peices from the higher VW tiers. I'm hoping new 99 earrings and rings can drop from here or be bought with points.

I agree this content is needed, and soon, but I hate the way things are being outdated so fast.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 01-17-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Unyieldingsword
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 50
    To be honest depending on how the loot system works i would like it to out class the stuff that takes a lifetime to see only for it to be chucked into the abyss.
    I'm not saying that all the hard work people put into getting their stuff should be nulled but at least make this stuff good enough for people to want it more than they want to go 0/9999999999999.

Yea i haven't even bothered with VW or much of the grind that is magin trials i just don't enjoy it that much. I look forward to this new "end game" as i looked forward to doing dyna and sky but never got the chance to try it as it was.
    Would be nice to be part of a battle that actually feels like an ff fight you know dd's deal damage and healers heal we all do our bit and get some nice rewards at the end. Not sorry bud your job feeds too much tp go sit over there and run in for the proc when we say ok. Can't there be a fight where every job is useful in different ways using our unique ability's to further the group?
    (1)
    Last edited by Wystan; 01-17-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Can just go with a ls that all players pay towards the pop item, i.e. 18 players pay 20k gil each.

Also, my only concern about the gear here is if it outdates the VW gear, which would beg the question as to why the VW drop rates are so low if this event drops better gear and more of it. I got no problem with VW drop rates, as long as this new legion stuff doesnt outdate the good rare/ex peices from the higher VW tiers. I'm hoping new 99 earrings and rings can drop from here or be bought with points.

I agree this content is needed, and soon, but I hate the way things are being outdated so fast.
    It won't outdate the old gear. VWNM is bearly better then the gear we already had. It will all be side-grades with just enough to get the people that hate VWNM to get into it or for peolpe to do both if it has gear that VWNM doesn't have for a slot. Its no differant then Salvage and sky back at 75. Salvage was the new kid but people still did both because the gear from sky was still good.
    (0)

Howdy everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

I will have another post ready in just a little while to share some more information about Legion, but in the meantime I would like to share a post from Director Mizuki Ito with you which gives some insight into the new Legion content

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki_Ito
    Hello! This is Director Mizuki Ito.

With the test server update, we have implemented “Legion (formerly The Last Stand)”

We have already mentioned this in the overview, but Legion is a new type of battle content that is geared towards 18-36 players with high level characters. Since it is a reserved area system, it might be easy to understand what it is if you imagine the atmosphere of Limbus.

With the large scale Legion content and the smaller scale Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region, our goal is to increase the options to you depending on how many people you have.

We added this to the test server with this recent update so that you could get an idea what kind of system Legion is as well as get a feel for the general flow of the content from beginning to end.

We will be constantly adjusting the system, meaning battle balance of course, as well as drop rates and the amount of Legion point rewards, so please let us know all of your feedback.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    hurrrr battle balance
    (3)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Every time balance is mentioned I keep thinking about how unbalanced getting Limbus sets for Ultima/Omega is lol.

I have to say I'm excited to try the system when it goes live, but I'm interested in why 3 people are required to enter if the content is grouped for 18+ people. Will the event be possible with 3 people (but with fewer points/rewards since few enemies could be defeated)?
    (1)

Player
    So we got Voidwatch NMs in old zones we been through hundreds of times in the past.
    We got WoE in its cut&paste area design.
    We got revamps of old contents coming our way.

Now we get a single zone that's a barebones cut&paste of the Horutoto zone tileset, with 3 NMs haphazardly thrown in per wave.

It's hard to feel the excitement of new content when it's all old assets and AI patterns, especially when every hall for the event is the exact same looking room. Especially for me when this event further compounds the problems RDM has with being a viable party spot by having all of the NMs resist nearly every debuff you could cast on them.
    (5)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    How exactly are we to test drop rates and legion points if nobody goes on the test server so that we can feasibly win these battles?
    (0)

Alrighty, now for the promised post. Sorry it took me a bit!

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to properly test this content due to a bug. (This has been fixed!)

Many players have requested that this content be accessible to smaller parties, but as Director Ito stated, Legion is meant for large parties. This does not mean that we do not plan on implementing new content for smaller parties. As the “Nyzul Isle Investigation” is meant for smaller parties, Legion is meant for larger parties. We hope you understand.

I understand that this content involves claimed zones, but is it possible for multiple parties to simultaneously enter the same zone?
    I really hope that the tragedies of the old Dynamis and Limbus areas are not repeated.
    Similarly to the “Nyzul Isle Investigation,” the claimed zones in Legion will turn into an instance. Although there will be a limit, multiple parties will be able to simultaneously enter the same area.

I am genuinely happy that we are given 30 minutes for this content.
    However, I would like the difficulty to be adjusted based on the number of players participating.

If one legion pass is traded, the difficulty will be set for 18 players.
    If two legion passes are traded, the difficulty will be set for 18 players plus the number of additional players in the second pass (6, 12 or 18 players).
    We adjust the difficulty based on the number of players participating by adjusting the strength of the monsters that appear.

Other than that, there are no differences based on the number of players, so players will be able to enjoy the same battle content and obtain the same loot and legion points whether they have 18 players or 36.
    ※Although the content may be the same, it is possible for an alliance of 36 players to be able to obtain more loot, since they will be able to defeat more monsters.

I do not want items to be dropped using the lotting system! I want items to be dropped as individual rewards!
    The reward system for Legion is separated into the lotting system and trading for legion points. Trading for legion points is more similar to the individual reward system that you bring up.

Also, since this content has a time limit, we decided that obtaining loot from treasure chests would take up too much time. There is no limit to the number of monsters that appear, so players can maximize their obtained loot by defeating more monsters within the given time.

I would like players to creatively strategize to obtain as much loot as possible in one run.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
     I do not want items to be dropped using the lotting system! I want items to be dropped as individual rewards!
    Who ever said this needs to be drug out into the street and shot as a demonstration.

This is the absolute WORST idea ever created in any MMO that has ever existed.
    (10)

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast