Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Read most of these posts "not all" sooo many, my bad if someone had this idea...

I noticed that "Legion" is based in 3 area/zones, My Idea is instead of a new point system why not make each "Legion" area/zone based on Conquest Points, Imperial Standing, Allied Notes. Could just add gear to those systems where we could use points on old/new stuff alike.
    (1)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Read most of these posts "not all" sooo many, my bad if someone had this idea...

I noticed that "Legion" is based in 3 area/zones, My Idea is instead of a new point system why not make each "Legion" area/zone based on Conquest Points, Imperial Standing, Allied Notes. Could just add gear to those systems where we could use points on old/new stuff alike.
    They could, and should add new gear/items to the three existing point systems you mentioned. However it should have nothing to do with legion imo. For the same reason VW gear should not be purchasable with crour. Then people would just burn in w/e area to get the gear vs actually doing the events.

Any point systems for legion, and anything they chose to adopt for VW (hopefully) somewhere down the road should be specific to the event. Same as Einherjar works.
    (2)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    More than one group can be in a battlefield at a time, and there are three battlefields.
    Wrong, there are atleast 4 already, you get a KI for the 3 starter Chamber wins, then you can do #4.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Dropped items/point items

The items you can receive via drops will differ from those that you can obtain by exchanging Legion points.
    Please make all the items obtainable through points.
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    In the end, this doesn't surprise me. You might as well ask to buy E. Body through ampoules of therion ichor. It's just not gonna happen.

Legion points will probably be used to buy level 99 versions of perle/teal/aurore, and maybe some more random items like an equivalent to the Morgana's Choker or Omega Ring of Ein. You will have to fight the tough HNM's for the better stuff.
    (1)

I like that there is no reentry timer on this event, but I am smart enough to see it can cause problems. I really hope you guys set it up so that when you arrive the leader trades the item for entry, and your alliance is then put in line for the event. That way groups that arrived first will enter first, and people coming out of the battlefields will be behind the others waiting to go in even if they trade the item to enter as soon as they get out. Let's not create another event where you have to spam trade an item to a door/click on a door repeatedly and hope you get lucky, or hope every one will voluntarily wait in a player made line behind others.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Also: This is what everyone I know wants to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    In the end, this doesn't surprise me. You might as well ask to buy E. Body through ampoules of therion ichor. It's just not gonna happen.
    It would be perfectly fine if it happened, just make it cost 50k+ ichor, that way it takes 3~ months of doing Einherjar every 3 days to acquire it. Whats the problem with actually being able to work towards everything you want, and not having to rely on building your own groups/LS, or that you can find an LS with honest leadership?

EDIT: You also wouldn't have to worry about ZOMG DUMB RANDOM LUCK!
    (1)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 01-22-2012 at 08:58 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I want items that you can only get from the Bosses. that way even if someone has super points they still have a reason to go in, and it won't die as fast
    (2)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post

It would be perfectly fine if it happened, just make it cost 50k+ ichor, that way it takes 3~ months of doing Einherjar every 3 days to acquire it. Whats the problem with actually being able to work towards everything you want, and not having to rely on building your own groups/LS, or that you can find an LS with honest leadership?

EDIT: You also wouldn't have to worry about ZOMG DUMB RANDOM LUCK!
    Because of what Tile said above. Ok, so imagine you could buy E. Body with Ichor. Most people I know have tens/hundreds of thousands (millions?) of Ichor these days. Ein would be even MORE dead than it is these days if you could just buy every single one of Odin's drops because nobody would ever have a reason to go in. If you designed Legion the same way, the event would instantaneously have a shelf life. Imagine if you could buy every single Limbus drop via Ancient Beastcoins and never have to zone into the area again. Imagine if you could buy every single +2 item in Abyssea with cruor. Bam, dead events walking.

MMO devs have to have some way of ensuring people actually do the content and fight the toughest monsters (e.g., WoW raids). Moreover, the events they design need longevity. It would be nice if all MMO items were obtained through points, but this just isn't realistic. Imagine, if you will, a scenario in Legion where people discover a way to farm a few smaller mobs ad nauseum and amass Legion points hand over fist. The event would be DOA. Anybody who enters would just farm that same mob over and over and nobody would touch the tougher bosses (e.g., Paramount Botulus Rex).

While in theory there is nothing wrong with being able to work towards everything you want, and not having to rely on building your own groups/LS or finding a LS with honest leadership, in practice what you are really asking for is a console RPG, not an MMO.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 01-23-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    Because of what Tile said above. Ok, so imagine you could buy E. Body with Ichor. Most people I know have tens/hundreds of thousands (millions?) of Ichor these days. Ein would be even MORE dead than it is these days if you could just buy every single one of Odin's drops because nobody would ever have a reason to go in. If you designed Legion the same way, the event would instantaneously have a shelf life. Imagine if you could buy every single Limbus drop via Ancient Beastcoins and never have to zone into the area again. Imagine if you could buy every single +2 item in Abyssea with cruor. Bam, dead events walking.

MMO devs have to have some way of ensuring people actually do the content and fight the toughest monsters (e.g., WoW raids). Moreover, the events they design need longevity. It would be nice if all MMO items were obtained through points, but this just isn't realistic. Imagine, if you will, a scenario in Legion where people discover a way to farm a few smaller mobs ad nauseum and amass Legion points hand over fist. The event would be DOA. Anybody who enters would just farm that same mob over and over and nobody would touch the tougher bosses (e.g., Paramount Botulus Rex).

While in theory there is nothing wrong with being able to work towards everything you want, and not having to rely on building your own groups/LS or finding a LS with honest leadership, in practice what you are really asking for is a console RPG, not an MMO.
    Very very bad thinking. What you just asked for amounts to little more then a skinner's box. The devs attempting to condition and control your behavior through random rewarding of the food pellet from your random hitting of the lever.

Theron Ichor is annoying hard to obtain, ask anyone who's worked on a Mythic before. 50~100K Icor for an E.Body is about right.

Now what they should of done, and failed to do, was introduce multiple sources of HNM gear. They should of created more wyrms, more super NMs and gave them loot pools compromised of the other kings loot. Having a single source of an item that only appears every 72hrs is bad design. Most other MMO gamers laugh at the people who obsess over that, yes FFXI players seem to think it's a good idea. Likely due to the mental conditioning the games placed on you over the years. A points system is the same thing, it introduced a mechanism that you can obtain an item if you place enough work behind it, it removed the random number generator from the equation. Of course doing this will make the 95% happy but piss's in the Cheerios of the 5% who want to feel superior.

Now that being said, there should be slightly different versions of the item. Both of same stats, but the tier II has +1 higher stats, glows and only drops off the super boss. This way players have a mechanism to acquire the gear their after, and the 5% can feel *special*.

I can't say this enough, you do not use skinner's box techniques to force your players to go to events. It only works in a world where your players have no other options, the proverbial cage door being closed. The moment that door is open the rat will leave your electric cage of random food pellets and seek out their own food pellet source via alternatives.
    (1)

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Alrighty, I have a couple answers to some questions I am seeing in this thread.

Dropped items/point items

The items you can receive via drops will differ from those that you can obtain by exchanging Legion points. Apologies if it was misconstrued from previous posts that they would be the same items. Essentially even if you lose a lotting battle to obtain an item, by participating in the battle and saving up points you can get a reward.
    I just need to say this is a very poor design decision. I was actually really excited for this content when I thought everything was practically equalized (though I would expect the LP items to cost way more in propotion.) I'm not a fan of a chance of a chance of an item (like anything in Bhaflau Remnants) especially in content that will essentially require 18+ people.

To the DEVs, please do as camate's original post says and have it so the drops and the legion point items are the same!
    (3)

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast