Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Player
    No, that's a horrible idea... Simply because only 1 person will be seeing progression while the others are grumbling and scheming on how to be the next person to be focused on(especially if it's going to need to have a huge amount of players).

Einherjar was wonderful and it should be similar to that. If not, we're all going to be terribly disappointed
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    People on the test server (using smaller than the minimum required group, like 5 people or so) have reported being able to kill some of the monsters.

Mind you, these are NM-like mobs. It's not like you're fighting a jillion trash mobs as in dynamis or something. It's not going to be a walk in the park if you go with a small gorup, because you'll be in big trouble if you link/aggro mobs. But I imagine people will be able to do well enough with a less-than-full alliance.

Camate; i think the most number of people anyone wants to do anything with anymore is one alliance. This should be built for 6-18 people, not 18-36. nyzul Isle is for 3-6; i think the former is considered "large group" and the latter "small group" by player standards.
    This assumption is wrong. There are people who want to do events with more than one alliance. In any event, I believe it was stated the difficulty scales depending on whether you enter with one alliance or two. So essentially, it IS built for 6-18 people, and also built for 18-36 if you have that.
    (0)

Howdy!

Based on all the feedback we have been receiving I just wanted to address some of the issues regarding preparation for this content and the required number of players.

Changes to the steps leading up to the battle

Currently, players will be automatically transported to the battlefield to begin the battle 5 minutes after the Legion pass is issued. However, in order to avoid players being forced to begin the battle before they are fully prepared, we will adjust this feature so that players are only transported to the battlefield once they have chosen to begin the battle. This change will be reflected during the next test server update.

Number of participants and battle difficulty

It was said that “based on your circumstance, please try this battle with either 18 or 36 players.”
    This suggests that you can only select from 2 difficulty levels.

As such, it will be difficult to succeed unless there are exactly 18 or 36 players.

My point is that if there are 19 players, the 18 player option is unavailable, so the 36 player option must be chosen. However, it would be difficult to complete content with difficulty set for 36 players with only 19 players.

I would like the difficulty set for each number of participating players between 18 and 36, for example if there are 19 players participating, the difficulty should be set for 19 players.

If there are only 2 difficulty levels, I am afraid that the content can only be enjoyed with exactly 18 or 36 players, which would make it difficult to casually gather players to try this content.
    The biggest difference between selecting 18 players or 36 players is the difference in the number of Legion passes issued. The strength of the monsters is adjusted based on the number of players participating, but the number and types of monsters that appear are unaffected.

The point of legion is not to “complete” the battle, but to see how many monsters can be defeated in the given time. As such, the difference caused by changing the number of participating players is that the number of monsters defeated (≒number of loot items) will change. There will be no inconvenience in game-play due to a lack of participating players.

With that said, there is a significant difference in battle capabilities between 10 players and 30 players, which is why we decided to prepare 2 versions of the battle. As a result, having fewer players is not a disadvantage and having many players is not an advantage.

We would like to continue to answer your questions and suggestions, so please continue to give your feedback.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This assumption is wrong. There are people who want to do events with more than one alliance. In any event, I believe it was stated the difficulty scales depending on whether you enter with one alliance or two. So essentially, it IS built for 6-18 people, and also built for 18-36 if you have that.
    Really? I don't know anybody who's excited about the idea of needing at least a full alliance to get anything good from this.
    The assumption is accurate. Just replace the implied "all" with "most" if it makes you happy.

Also, the difficulty only scales up over 18 people. It doesn't scale down below 18 people. You enter with 6, it's still designed for 18.

there needs to be a third option for 12 or somthing less than 18 people because I fear it will be difficult to participate in this with

Also of concern is that a "Kill as much stuff as fast as you can" event is going to exclude all but the most top tier DDs and support classes for them. Just how well do you have to perform to be rewarded in a worthwhile way?
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-18-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Character
    Ulga
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 50
    plz keep in mind Tanaka-san's vision for this event, Alhanelem. we hope to have this event where big ls will participate and work for the leader or designated member one at a time. this is the true spirit of ffxi and tanaka-sans vision
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    ^
    I don't think this is going to end well.
    (1)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I already like this troll.
    (0)

Player
    Guys impersonating a SE employee, why hasn't he been banned.
    (2)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

finally, an event that's like old Dynamis! armies of players, difficult opponents, no stupid !! proc systems, and (apparently) desireable rewards! I be happy as a clam. You even fixed the stupidest issue of Old Dynamis... that only 1 group could go to the zone, but without making people fight over mobs.

Now the only issue i'll have is the same one I always did in Old Dynamis. As a Bard I always had to scream about Target control to the alliance, they would ignore it and I got to ask a whm for a raise, seeing as how I'm usually the main sleeper (ain't much resists light-based sleep). Least getting XP now is such a joke I can afford the deaths.
    (0)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The point of legion is not to “complete” the battle, but to see how many monsters can be defeated in the given time. As such, the difference caused by changing the number of participating players is that the number of monsters defeated (≒number of loot items) will change. There will be no inconvenience in game-play due to a lack of participating players.
    So its more like The Swarm.
    (1)

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast