Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[dev 1065] Relic/Mythic/Empyrean 99 step 2 Trails unrealistic

Currently on the test server the requirements for getting a Relic, Mythic or Empyrean weapon to 99 with the afterglow effect are as follows:

Empyrean 99 (afterglow) = 3000 Riftdross or Riftcinder (depending on weapon) from Jeuno Tier 6 Voidwatch NM Ig-Alima or Botulus Rex
    Relic 99 (afterglow) = 1000 vials of Umbral Marrow from Arch Dynamis Lord
    Mythic 99 (afterglow) = 500 chunks of Mulcibar's Scoria from Pandemonium Warden

Going to break these down into the time it requires to complete each one.

[SIZE="5"]Empyrean Weapons[/SIZE]
    Tier 6 Jeuno VW assuming someone in your alliance of 18 gets one of the these drops and everyone agrees to give it to you. I will assume each fight takes 30 min waiting due to the fact each fight takes little under 30 with waiting on weakness / loot distribution. We are in for 3000 fights.

3000 x 30min = 90,000 minutes
    There are 1440 min in a real life day
    90,000 min / 1440 min = 62.5 days of playing FFXI
    So to finish this trail it would take 62.5 days or 1500 hours of playing FFXI.

Now then I can finish this faster if I buy more Riftdross or Riftcinder from other people who do these and people do VW sometimes for scrolls other weapon drops ect so yea I could buy a lot if I am rich with gil too speed this up.

[SIZE="5"]Relic Weapons[/SIZE]
    I need to kill Arch Dynamis Lord 1000 times for 1000 Umbral Marrow this is no easy task because he often takes 18 people to kill and also requires the use of 2 hour abilities to beat most notably a Summoner's Perfect Defense. I am limited to 1, 2 hour dynamis run per day

If I have 18 people to help me do my weapon it will take them 1000 real life days of doing Dynamis and about 2000 hours of playing FFXI

2000 hours of playing FFXI spread out over 1000 days. We are talking at least 3 years of playing FFXI doing dynamis every day having 17 other people helping you finish your weapon. (A bit unrealistic I believe) Relic weapon users won't have the luxury of buying any Umbral Marrow because nobody farms Arch Dynamis Lord since his other drops are not very sought after.

[SIZE="5"]Mythic Weapons[/SIZE]
    This is probably the hardest quest out of the 3 and most unrealistic to do.

I need Zeni for Pandemonium Warden pops and lots of it

At the best prices possible I need 71000 Zeni to pop PW + 1500 for Tier 4 island travel - plus the time needed to kill 30 NMs PW would be the 31st

If I can trade plates for Zeni every hour on the hour 24/7 I can get about 19200 Zeni per real life day. Get about 800 zeni with good plates per day. FFXI only lets you trade plates ever game day keep in mind.

Time for some math:
    (72500 * 500) = 36,250,000 Zeni

36,250,000 Zeni / 19200 Zeni = 1888.02 days

About 5.2 years of playing FFXI 24 hours a day / 7 days week doing nothing but ZNM and trading plates to finish. But lets be realistic here you can't play FFXI 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You need to sleep and work whatever. So lets say you can play 12 hours a day, that is about 10.5 years to finish your Mythic weapon to 99 with afterglow. Like relic users, mythic users have no option of buying their items as Pandemonium Warden has outdated and obsolete items so players do not try to kill this NM anymore.

I ask you SE devs did you even think about this when you added this trial? Will your game FFXI even be online in 10 years still? This is not just unrealistic its insulting to your players.

[SIZE="5"]Final Analysis[/SIZE]
    Empyrean Weapons 99 with afterglow - Someone with a lot of gil could realistic finish in a year. A good linkshell thats dedicated to doing a lot of void watch probably take around a year to finish too since it takes about 62 days of play time for 1 weapon. However this also this could lead to someone who buys massive amounts of gil from RMT sites to finish this quest. Hurting everyone else in the process because they will buy everything at higher prices.

Relic weapons 99 with afterglow- Nobody will probably do this because it takes 3 years of doing dynamis every day with 18 people to finish 1 weapon

Mythic weapons 99 with afterglow - Nobody in their right mind would even attempt this. In a 10 years time you will see 0 finished since it takes slightly over that amount of time to do 1.
    (31)
    Last edited by Zumi; 01-15-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Character
    Scruffyballs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Don't forget afterglow effect is pointless.
    Clearly the want everyone to quit and move to 14.
    (4)

Character
    Yokyumosheemo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I say Mythic 99 in 6 months. Cause I knew quite a few people whose LS's have already gotten a jump on Zeni farming and building PW pops. Can't do everything Alone.
    (0)

Character
    Graywind
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The Afterglow additions are designed to be more difficult to obtain, be there more for the dedicated player player base. I agree 100% that the trials are unrealistic in the amount of time to do them, especially the mythic paths. I feel if they augment the system where people will be able obtain the sought effect after 40-60 days of added game play total that would make the most sense. It would provided that rarity aspect that is sought after by SE while also providing a meaningful weapon that not everyone can obtain.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoky View Post
    I say Mythic 99 in 6 months. Cause I knew quite a few people whose LS's have already gotten a jump on Zeni farming and building PW pops. Can't do everything Alone.
    No way anyone would finish 6 months. Prove how this is possible with math. How many helpers how many hours are each going to spend per day on this? I can tell you how long it would take.

Because if you have helpers they aren't going to spend every waking moment farming plates / trading / killing znm.
    (5)

Character
    Crystenne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    To the development team:

Do you guys simply just sit around throwing random numbers at a dartboard when you discuss these trials, or do you actually take the time to play the game, figure out the man hours and resources needed to complete these trials and plan a realistic idea around that? We think you're doing the former.

Stop giving us updates about how we should play the game and how you want the game to be played, and stop being so bloody stupid when we give you this kind of feedback.

Kindest regards

The Playerbase
    (6)
    Crystenne ~ Fenrir Server
    PLD, SAM, BLU, DRG, MNK, RDM 95
    Aegis - O Masamune - O Almace - O

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It is absurd, but it's optional. You folks act like this Tanaka fella kidnapped your family and is holding them ransom in exchange for the items required for these trials. Even if you don't do this, you've still got an awesome weapon and the pride that you worked hard for it.
    (3)

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    there's no way you can do 500 pw in 6 months. The more pop you buy the higher the price goes up. It will end up costing more unless you perfectly stagger the purchases every day, and no one else buys any pops as well.

If you got a full ls all dedicated to helping one person then I applaud you.

1000 ADL lol? thats minimum 3 years of dynamis every day, without losing once.

Riftdross? you are lucky to get one per fight. More like 1 every few fights. 3000 of them, gtfo. Unless they start dropping off other stuff, forget that trial. Though out of the 3, the empy path likely the easiest and only feasible one.
    (3)

Character
    Ecoop
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    1000 items from ADL... hmm... realizing i must farm the ADL tome pops and then fight him every day. It is honestly funny that you think this could be done in 3 years. No way anyone in this game has 17 friends to help out with this every day, nor would you be lucky to get to farm the items and expect your friends to forgo their dynamis experience for such a long time in one zone.
    No matter how much you do things over and over in this game you have to look at these quest and realize they are almost hopeless to obtain (or you actually have not social life at all). All three quest are complete waste of time and the biggest proposed time sinks ever. Side note, who the hell wants to only farm zeni and do those stupid NMs that drop crap items non stop for such a long time. Talk about getting the player base less interested in a game. Sure one person will complete the quest, FOR WHAT?
    (1)

Player
    The afterglow effects are completely pointless; so what the hell is the point of making these trials so difficult in the first place? You might as well make them 1 ADL kill, or 1 PW, or 1 riftdross; it doesn't matter. The afterglow effect adds absolutely nothing of value to the weapon.
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast