Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1066] Walk of Echoes Adjustments

Could it be clarified: Does this mean the newest walks do not drop devious dice at all, or that they drop them at a different rate than walks 8-11?
    (0)

Hey there Alhanelem

With these adjustments, there are no real changes to drops from other walks, so it’s not like the things that dropped there will no longer drop. Depending on the walk, there will be walks where coins drop easier and walks where Devious Dice will drop easier. On this basis, it’s possible to get the item you want efficiently by participating in the walk that caters better to that item.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

great, any idea on walks where the scrolls that drop actually DO drop? neither myself or any of the 60 plus people I regularly speak with has ever seen a desireable scroll actually drop in WoE.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Depending on the walk, there will be walks where coins drop easier and walks where Devious Dice will drop easier. On this basis, it’s possible to get the item you want efficiently by participating in the walk that caters better to that item.
    Is the Dev team aware that nobody ever does any walk in WoE aside from maybe #7 and the recent ones?
    They should think about something to re-vitalize the system and make it interesting, I'm talking about something major not just some change to droprate which is surely welcome but doesn't change the situation much.

Some possible silly suggestions:
    1) Allowing you to "store", even if very slowly, kupofried medallions. With a certain cap maybe. So that you can do a certain number of runs over a short time if you don't go there for a few days.
    2) Making so you don't have to constantly zone out and in to get a new medallion
    3) Allowing for faster access to the zone from anywhere (maybe a special item that warps you there once every 20hrs, similar to tavnazian ring? or maybe a quest that allows an NPC to warp you there from cities?)
    4) Adding a new possible but rare drop to ALL walks, so that there will actually be a small motivation for people to access older walks as well, together with adding something "good" coming from having completed all walks or something like that. Give people motivation to do them all!
    (4)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It seems as if with so many different Walks available now, you could have specific zones cater to dropping certain Coins, akin to Dynamis. I like knowing that if I go to Bastok, I'm going to get Byne bills. I'm currently 2 weeks into making a Cerestes from my Oathkeeper, and while not going into the can of worms that Voidwatch is sure to open up, I would like some control over the drops. I'm sitting on 20 Coins of advancement, and I have 49 Coins of Decay -- almost enough to make 2 NQ empyrean Great Katanas over, and I already have a Masamune 90.

From various forays into Confluxes 1 - 7 The only zone that has actually seems to give me the Coin that I want is 7, essentially the only zone that has any participation on my server. This would be fine if the aforementioned 49 coins of decay and 21 coins of birth, 25 coins of ruin and 31 coins or glory I've collected didn't also drop from Flux 7. To make matters worse, I can't really enter at my own pace because the only time Walk of Echoes is even inhabited is 2:30AM my time when the Japanese playerbase shows up. This time could have been better spent making a Rhongomiant, but I'm not interested in running all four corners of Abyssea-Tahrongi. Wasn't the Walk of Echoes path supposed to be easier? I realize the devs have their hands full with the community in uproar over Tanaka-ism and all that, but maybe we could get a look into normalizing the drops in Walk of Echoes. The coin drops pre-revamping was just right, but I suppose I should have taken the opportunity to do WoE back then instead of now.

Edit: Or what about an exchange system like seals and crests?
    (0)
    Last edited by ThaiChi; 01-18-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I just want to say that the increased devious die drop rate for flux 8-11 would of been really great if it was implemented 3 months+ ago, now nobody touches those fluxes so its kind of a mute point
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Again, showing the absolutely ignorance the DEV have on what the playerbase actually even do now a day. Question or maybe a suggestion to Camata: Have the Dev team actually go and review the Log Files to see WHICH flux is the only ones that gets attempted at now a day. What you will find, at least on my server here, are that outside of the Sat/Sun EST AM, no one attend ANY of the WoE on any regular basis at all. And for Sat/Sun EST AM, the only ones that you will actually find ppl doing are only 7 (rarely now but still can see a few ppl there) and 13 (majority), 12 and 14 when 13 is on cool down and ppl dont want to wait. Even 15 has low attendance because of the much higher difficulties in doing.

Do they know WHY?

1. PURE RANDOM DROP!!!! <- Logs and Ores does not interest majority of the players. Dev might consider them to be rewards but most players that do WoE (and VW) consider them a waste of time/effort and a slap in our face.

2. Once a Game Day entry requirement - most ppl don't have the patience to wait 30min+ for the next chance to enter after each clear.

3. Absolutely no way for any solo'er/low number of users to clear any of the flux - and the stupid changes to no clear = no drop removed all the solo'ers/low men party that used to do WoE before the changes.

Instead of all these Logs and Ores, how about give us points that can be trade in for items. Remove the stupid 1 Game Day per entry requirement because right now there's not enough player who cares about WoE as is. Revert back to the old ways where individual mobs can drop items. I understands ppl's frustrations in seeing pure leechers going in there and lotting on items when they didn't earn them. But you can certainly changed it so that perhaps these drops are randomly distributed to ppl similar to the Temp Items are right now where their chance of dropping from mobs are random and what ppl gets are also random. Still keep the final chest the way it is now so for people who cleared, they do get a nice chance of reward. But add points for each clear too so for people who only keep getting Logs and Ores, they have something that they can used to buy items such as coins, dies, etc.
    (0)