Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

[dev 1065]99 R/M/E. Double checking to be completely sure.

I just wanted to confirm that the only stats gained from the the completely impossible stage 2 trials would be the Afterglow. In other words the description for a level 99 r/m/e weapon after completing stage 1 would look like this.

Mandau Rare Ex
    DMG:55
    Delay:176 Attack+40 "Mercy Stroke"(+40%) Additional effect: Poison
    Increased chance of dealing extra damage

Receiving both the increased WS damage and Relic damage proc and only lacking the afterglow and visual effect.

It seems like that's what you are saying but I want to be absolutely sure before I allow myself to get truly happy.
    (7)
    Last edited by Insaniac; 01-13-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think you should be more concerned with what the stage 1 trials will be. A reasonable development team would make stage 1 trials the following:
    Relics: A-Dynamis Lord title & A-Diabolos title/Kill with weapon equipped
    Mythic: PW title/Kill with weapon equipped
    Emp:All Final VW Titles (T6 Jueno and T3 Zilart? Idk, not really into zilart)/Kill with weapon equipped

But this is SE, and they probably think that "reasonable" is half of the afterglow requirements, essentially leading to 1500 ADL, 750 PWs, and 4500 Rift[] for the complete lv99 weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I wish SE had half a brain, then they would realize how incredibly retarded everything post abyssea has been, this is just the piss flavored icing on top of the shit cake

we don't need abyssea level finish everything in a week content, what we need is to not get pigeon holed into doing the same content for 10 years and still not getting everything from it

this is worse than old relics
    (11)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I am concerned about what the Stage one trials will be but I don't think that is a question they can answer yet. They can answer this and it's equally important imo.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    It probably will only have increased dmg, adjusted delay. extra attack/accuracy.
    (0)

If it glows then it will fullfill the only requirment top tier MMO players need to aim for it, looking unique and standing around PJ with it on. Square don't really want to make inclusive content that will give a lot of players time sink content, they just want to make it so stupidly long and horrible that the top few bother with it. Idiocy.

We have the message now, content isn't going to magically get better it's going to be what we've been getting since abyssea (The last stand will have drop rates that make old salvage look generous and the stats on the gear will be less/same as what you have on right now) weak sidegrades that take forever to obtain but that look blingy.

VW showed them that you can make people do horribly unrewarding content with weak (actual stats) rewards by just making them glow (wow style!) and I'm sure this will follow through with gear for years. Maintining game balance was never so easy.
    (3)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The stage 2 trial in principle really is atrocious but honestly no one needs to do it. It truly is optional. It's 100% epeen trial. As long stage 1 is along the same lines as the last few trials then I'm not even slightly upset. I find it more funny than anything. The dev team thinking that anyone in the world is capable of completing the 500 PW item trial is seriously amusing aslong as it doesn't effect me getting the meat of the upgrade. Which it really does look like is all from stage 1.

Stage 1
    Possible upgrades will include damage, delay, and weapon skill damage along with other attributes.
    The planned difficulty level for the corresponding Magian upgrade trials will be such that a majority of players with the appropriate level 95 equipment will likely be able to complete them.
    The only thing they don't include from the list of 99 stats is the 2-3x damage procs.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    If it glows then it will fullfill the only requirment top tier MMO players need to aim for it, looking unique and standing around PJ with it on. Square don't really want to make inclusive content that will give a lot of players time sink content, they just want to make it so stupidly long and horrible that the top few bother with it. Idiocy.

We have the message now, content isn't going to magically get better it's going to be what we've been getting since abyssea (The last stand will have drop rates that make old salvage look generous and the stats on the gear will be less/same as what you have on right now) weak sidegrades that take forever to obtain but that look blingy.

VW showed them that you can make people do horribly unrewarding content with weak (actual stats) rewards by just making them glow (wow style!) and I'm sure this will follow through with gear for years. Maintining game balance was never so easy.
    Yeah, they're going to WS in Port Jeuno genius.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You glow without WSing genius.
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Yeah, they're going to WS in Port Jeuno genius.
    If you have one of these you glow all the time. Its pretty funny on the test server seeing everyone running around with a glowly aura.

Yes now you too can pretend like your on Dragon Ball Z powering up.
    (2)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast