Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyen View Post
    My point is that I think this game would still be enjoyable to most players if they actually took their time. Better yet... start over.
    Do you really think that people aren't out there doing exactly that on mule accounts right now, and hating it?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Do you really think that people aren't out there doing exactly that on mule accounts right now, and hating it?
    Amen. I can say, while leveling my second account, i saw a ton of whm mules all over the place. To be honest to get through the game now even with a new character its only about 2-3 months worth of effort. In 1 month i was able to get lvl 99, have 2 subs (which was plenty) and have just about all the gear i needed (AF, magian, etc). I managed to get half way through the windy missions and i got to the last fight of shantotto. Had i not sat around doing nothing shuddering at the thought of doing missions (which i read the first time) i probably would have finished more of them. Most of this i did solo.

Second time around no thanks. It was fun (besides the endless traveling back and forth) the first time. The rewards then were actually worth it.

As far as taking time to complete things you have to ask yourself why people rush to get things done. First and foremost its because of the reward. People want the reward because its usually better than they have. And second people get stuff done because its new and we are always looking for something new to do. Which is the whole point that we have nothing new to do, and what is released that is new can be completed very quickly.
    (0)

Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    Keep in mind that I took two years off. When I left, their was no FoV/GoV, Abyssea, Dual Wielding DNCs, etc., so coming back and started from scratch for me has been enjoyable because I had been away long enough to forget some of the storyline and the world and play dynamics have changed so drastically that it's an entirely new experience for me. I'm sure had I kept playing (I'd be on like year eight now), I'd wanna gouge my eyes out.
    (0)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

Even with a 2 year break you will quickly come up to speed with everything. With how fast we can level and the lack of any endgame stuff to do besides VW and WoE everything else will get old fast. There is only so many times you will want to repeat the same thing before you get burned out. For those of us who played without long term breaks we are already burned out.

At least if the subscription fee was cheaper i might not feel like its a complete waste of money to keep my character activated for nothing in hopes of something better in the future. And since we really don't know what exactly is in the future because they don't tell us anything but vague responses like "we have big plans" that doesn't tell us anything. An updated road map would have been nice, maybe even a "hey we have an expansion in the works" or something other than "we want to adjust merits". All that says to me is I'll be spending the next year re-meriting my jobs because 8 years ago when they first created the merit categories they didn't realize they sucked for a lot of jobs. Most people are already burned out on meriting with all the limit quests and WS quests requiring merits.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
    Even with a 2 year break you will quickly come up to speed with everything. With how fast we can level and the lack of any endgame stuff to do besides VW and WoE everything else will get old fast. There is only so many times you will want to repeat the same thing before you get burned out. For those of us who played without long term breaks we are already burned out.

At least if the subscription fee was cheaper i might not feel like its a complete waste of money to keep my character activated for nothing in hopes of something better in the future. And since we really don't know what exactly is in the future because they don't tell us anything but vague responses like "we have big plans" that doesn't tell us anything. An updated road map would have been nice, maybe even a "hey we have an expansion in the works" or something other than "we want to adjust merits". All that says to me is I'll be spending the next year re-meriting my jobs because 8 years ago when they first created the merit categories they didn't realize they sucked for a lot of jobs. Most people are already burned out on meriting with all the limit quests and WS quests requiring merits.
    also bear in mind, that the people with the "big plans" are the same ones that think splitting steal from aura steal timer would make thief over powered.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    also bear in mind, that the people with the "big plans" are the same ones that think splitting steal from aura steal timer would make thief over powered.
    They also said they had a lot of new stuff in the pipeline in the deceiving road map. We got boss battles in VW and a few more WoE walks which die out after a few weeks. Whoopdee doo! Now their next new content seems to be Einerjar 2 and nyzle 2. I would mention the 99 cap but it still feels like we are playing at 75 with the lack of actual power/spells/abilities/stats/content for gaining an extra 24 levels. Nothing like rolling through kuftal tunnel where the crabs are 30+ levels lower than you and still getting aggro. I think they should make mobs in the Dunes aggro 99 too.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've been on board for a subscription fee drop for a while. If SE went on to make it $5/mo with up to 16 characters for no extra cost, I would even consider buying a year in advance. It doesn't mean I would be playing for the entirety of that year during content lulls, but it would still be something to come back to from time to time when other ventures aren't succeeding in keeping my interest. The alternative, as I'd recently done with Rift, is to just cancel sub for 3 months while I played there.

But yes, I'm of the mind money generated by FFXI should go toward FFXI first.
    (0)

Ok seriously population of 2012 (Characters Per Account) 2,253,084 Accounts (Active) 284,052

So 284,052 X 11.95 =3394421.40 C_C 2,243,084 - 284,052=1,959,032 X 1.00= 1959032.00
    Grand Total 3,394,421+ 1959032.00 = 5353453.40. . . . And if you wanna add in Yearly 5,353,453.40 X12= 64,241,440.80
    <333 i think ffxi is also paying for FFXIV . . . .

I think they could afford to give us some updates . . . .
    (0)

Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    That's not even including how much they make annually from game sales and stock trades. SE started as a failing company and is now this massive (irony alert) Midgar. STop holding out on the Mako, guys....

In this scenario, Mako is content.

Since we all pay for your kids braces and private school educations, I think adding a map or two wouldn't kill ya, amiright?
    (0)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

Ok seriously population of 2012 (Characters Per Account) 2,253,084 Accounts (Active) 284,052

So 284,052 X 11.95 =3394421.40 C_C 2,243,084 - 284,052=1,959,032 X 1.00= 1959032.00
    Grand Total 3,394,421+ 1959032.00 = 5353453.40. . . . And if you wanna add in Yearly 5,353,453.40 X12= 64,241,440.80
    <333 i think ffxi is also paying for FFXIV . . . .

I think they could afford to give us some updates . . . .
    FFXI pays for the massive development team and costs of FFXIV, sad to think that if not for that game we would have team that size on here.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5