Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The big updates came with the expansions anyways if I remember correctly. A new full one would be nice to get. It's not there isn't potential for one storywise anyways.
    (1)
    Salaheem's Sentinels routinely monitors the content of messages sent and received via its linkshell for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. Employees must never send or store messages or attachments that acknowledge the return of the Black Coffin, or defame the name of Naja Salaheem or the Empress. Messages of this nature sent in or out of the Aht Urhgan linkshell may be intercepted and stopped by highly trained Immortals. If you have received this message by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and destroy this message.

Yes the game is 10 years old, but we are talking about service we are paying for. It would be one thing if this game were getting the same attention but its not which is my point exactly.

And there are no more updates now as there were years ago. I agree i do not want one BIG update and would prefer more smaller updates but when you look at it we aren't getting any more than MAYBE 6 updates a year. The test server gets a lot of updates but the game doesn't and what really doesn't make sense is why things on the server work but on game don't.

And what are we really getting with these updates? At least with the large updates we got huge amounts of changes, spells, abilities, etc. Now we get few smaller updates with the majority of the update being synths and armor.

Point is less service = less fee's. I'm not going to go to a restaurant and give a good tip if i don't see my waitress.
    (1)

Thats like saying you should pay less for a car payment the longer you pay off your loan. Your car is getting older and isnt worth as much why should you have to pay the same loan amount as you did from the beginning.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashhell View Post
    Thats like saying you should pay less for a car payment the longer you pay off your loan. Your car is getting older and isnt worth as much why should you have to pay the same loan amount as you did from the beginning.
    Oh, I didn't know this was like a car payment. I should have it paid off by now then, so they probably won't charge me anymore right? How much is gap insurance on this bucket? Hey, would you mind if your cellphone service stopped working, and verizon said "Sorry, your service sucks because we sent all our techs to go work on our cable TV service."?
    (7)

You realize there is more to it don't you? There are servers to pay for, electric to keep them on, techs to maintain them that get paid hourly or a salary right? Or do you just think everything is life is free cause mommy and daddy pays for it all for you? You are renting time on their servers bottom line.

If you are going to take my example and make dumb ass replies to it maybe you should read up one post first and see that example.
    (0)
    Last edited by Unleashhell; 01-13-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Player
    The price hasn't changed in 10years, if anything it should have gone up due to cost of living increases, cost of heat and electric etc.
    (0)

Bad analogy. Products and Services are two different things.
    And asking premium price for sub par services is just bad business model.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vitus; 01-13-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Mmm, I'd go as far as half the current price would be more than enough for it these days.

Would be crazy if that ever happened.
    I'm probably not completely against the idea, that they would at some point lower it a bit at least, but it's probably a really low probability, but hey, anything is probably possible!

Yes for lower service fees!
    はい!
    それいいです!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

If they really don't want to lower their cost they should at least make additional characters on the same account free since they are making it so u can send gear to mules that you cant store since they aren't giving us better storage options. That would still save people money and would give people the choice to make mules for gear to help with inventory issues (sorta). It might even boost crafting since people could make crafting mules.

If they aren't going to put the same amount of funds for this game why should we? they have already reduced their cost by lowering man power, reducing servers, and reusing zones, abilities and character models.
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You realize there is more to it don't you? There are servers to pay for, electric to keep them on, techs to maintain them that get paid hourly or a salary right? Or do you just think everything is life is free cause mommy and daddy pays for it all for you? You are renting time on their servers bottom line.

If you are going to take my example and make dumb ass replies to it maybe you should read up one post first and see that example.
    LOL @ mommy and daddy comment. I seriously doubt there are very many people still playing this game under the age of 20.

Anyways....Yes. I manage an IT department which includes several racks of servers, several more offsite servers, 10+ websites, multiple cloud applications, 50+ desktops, backup equipment, network equipment, cooling equipment and all the other BS that comes with it. I make the budget, and I know exactly what the costs are.

Guess what my customers would say if I told them that I was keeping prices the same, but lowering the quality of service.

They wouldn't say anything. They would just leave.

I pay $20 month for HBO and I never complain. Know why? Because HBO keeps putting up new entertaining crap for me to watch. They never go "Oh hey, sorry but we are showing nothing but black and white reruns of curb your enthusiasm this month because we sent all our people to work on the Oprah channel." If they did, I would just stop paying. I wouldn't take the time to tell them what they did wrong, and allow them time to fix it (again and again). SE should feel lucky that their customers care enough about the product to go on forums and tell them what they need to fix. Most companies have to pay people to research this shit for them.
    (3)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast