Thread: Voidwatch

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    If I packed a MP set, enmity set, -PDT set and -MDT set in addition to my TP set, WF set, QD set, Last Stand set, I would have no inventory space for all those logs and ores. What's the point of VW again if it isn't to keep the AH stocked in crafting mats?

Something has to give and for me its usually the MP set, enmity set and the melee TP set when I do VW.
    Melee set is usually the one leaving in MH when I headed out for VW as it as almost 0 use. Don't need entire MP set that's way too much. The inv does suck a lot, so it's really up to you. I actually don't carry a full MDT- and PDT- set also(at best it's only twilight, due to inv issue), instead I just try to stay alive as much as possible by WS away from AoE and avoid pulling hate.
    (0)

-Enmity set is irrelevant because you're probably already capped on hate either way, especially if you open with Pax and WF spam like you should. -50% Enmity isn't going to stop you from re-capping every time you QD/WS. You'll just be doing less damage for nothing.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I can see why damage reduction might be needed, my LS ran a VW group and didn't mind me tagging along even though my COR isn't quite there on the WS side of things. I did get find myself getting hit on a few occasions and pretty hard, so maybe a damage reduction set would help when rolling. Saying that, on my 3rd go on the NM (Kaggen), I didn't die and I think I only got hit once or twice and just about managed to keep up with my rolls, so if I were able to keep that up, damage reduction might not be an asset and I could leave it at my Twilight Torque and save inventory space for more suitable stuff - I suppose if I had oodles of room it'd be a different matter. I didn't carry a bifrost ring with me, but then of course I was /SAM...granted if I went /RDM I could have helped with the raising and have a few extra bits for my own survivability.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

You're a DD. Act like it and use a Fanatic's Drink. I promise, if the WARs are surviving, you should have no problem at all.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    -Enmity set is irrelevant because you're probably already capped on hate either way, especially if you open with Pax and WF spam like you should. -50% Enmity isn't going to stop you from re-capping every time you QD/WS. You'll just be doing less damage for nothing.
    That's not true, my math says otherwise, it's about the total amount of WS you can do before hitting cap.

I can't find info about how much enmity- Gnostic drink gives, but pax effect from SCH spell is only -10, so it's probably not -50.

The amount of CE gained=CE modifier x dmg dealt, so if your WF hits 1.7k(that's how much I hit in full dmg set on Grauberg T6 anyways), you're gaining about 1593 CE(since WF has -25% enmity), with pax=1433 CE

Enmity capped at 10k, so you can do 6~7 WS before capping hate, with gnostic drink, thats 11900 dmg.

If you start with -50, do 1.5k dmg instead(again, that's the dmg I do in enmity- on same NM), you're gaining 562 CE every WS, 17~18 WS before hitting cap, with 27000 dmg total.

What I do agree though, that if you somehow capped even before pax wears, then you're screwed either way, it's actually better to start with it, and end with full dmg to zerg it to death.

EDIT: You also lose CE when you get hit, so you may ended up recap slower with enmity- too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-13-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Right. You're working under the assumption that Corsair is not putting out 10-15 thousand damage before Gnostic's wears. In my experience, this is most certainly not the case.

You also seem to be taking Wildfire's -Enmity and multiplying it with the -50 Enmity you have from gear/buffs. Is there some testing that you can link me to that confirms that Wildfire is able to bypass the -50 Enmity cap in this manner?

Either way, I find it's of little consequence if I do get hate because I'm perfectly capable of using Fanatic's and Fool's drinks like everyone else. On NMs of any real value in Voidwatch, the difference between a Corsair's survivability and that of a Warrior or Monk is negligible. The end goal of the alliance is still to proc consistently enough to ensure a steady supply of Fanatic's Drinks so that the DDs stay alive, regardless of what job they're on.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Right. You're working under the assumption that Corsair is not putting out 10-15 thousand damage before Gnostic's wears. In my experience, this is most certainly not the case.

You also seem to be taking Wildfire's -Enmity and multiplying it with the -50 Enmity you have from gear/buffs. Is there some testing that you can link me to that confirms that Wildfire is able to bypass the -50 Enmity cap in this manner?

Either way, I find it's of little consequence if I do get hate because I'm perfectly capable of using Fanatic's and Fool's drinks like everyone else. On NMs of any real value in Voidwatch, the difference between a Corsair's survivability and that of a Warrior or Monk is negligible. The end goal of the alliance is still to proc consistently enough to ensure a steady supply of Fanatic's Drinks so that the DDs stay alive, regardless of what job they're on.
    I can do the test for that when I get a friend to help, since I'm curious myself now that you brought it up, but even if it doesn't, you're still not gonna hit cap with Pax + -25% fom WS. The worst case sceneriao is to adjust the set/merit so only -15~25% from gear to reach cap.

Although that can be a bit disappointed if the best is -50% instead of -75%, it's actually less dmg output from WF before reaching cap.

And I agree that in optimal situation keep fanatic/fool refreshed with HQ proc and go all out none-stop is the best way to go(that's why I said you don't NEED it, if things goes well) But I wouldn't rely only on HQ proc to keep doing dmg....considering most of the none-JP /shout pt isn't that efficent in terms of getting proc and recharge fana(I join /shout pt most of the time). Most of the time it's semi-wipe/full wipe on T6s and fanatic/fool isn't always up. 90% of time is if I get hate, I will die after fanatic wears because it won't recharge that fast. If you have a group that proc that fast by all means do it, you can skip MDT- PDT- set even, and just carry DD gears. But that's just not my case with /shout pt.

EDIT: The reason why I assume WF enmity- 25% stack with gear is because enmity-50 cap applies to gear only, and other enmity changes such as JA is calculated differently and not restricted with this cap. So I assume WF is same as JA but different fom gears. But I can test it regardless if I can get someone to help.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-14-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2