Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hawkhellfire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I am really shocked that you continue to add NOTHING constructive to this thread Ihnako. I proposed 2 solutions, 1 easier then the other to implement mind you, and you've posted NOTHING. Seriously, I am confused why you even feel the need to waste your time.

My hope is that devs see this and implement this because it's something I truly feel will help the masses (as mages are the most popular jobs according to SE) and if both of my ideas are implemented then I'm willing to wager 98% of the people who play this game would benefit. I say 98% because I'm sure there are 2% that are so stuck in their ways that they don't want any change, and that's fine.

None of the changes I proposed are MANDATORY. If they are implemented, and you still wanted to carry around 8 obi's then by all means do so. But the OPTION would be there for those that would rather carry around 1 and save 7 inventory spots.

I just can't understand how someone can be so against something that would benefit so many people WITHOUT ANY negative effects on everyone else since nothing would be forced. It truly baffles my mind.

So I'm seriously asking you nicely, if you have nothing constructive to add (and your solution of don't play all jobs or gimp yourself are NOT valid), then please stop posting and let's keep this to people who want to encourage this change for the better or at the very least offer up other solutions. This post is to help people (provided the devs even read this), not to start a flame thread.

And you still have yet to truly answer my question yet again. As a mage, having a curing set, stoneskin set, enfeebling set, divine set, enhancing set, nuking set, sleeping set, drain/aspir set, fast cast set, resting set, and idle set (not to mention random things like Emphatikos rope for aquaveil for good measure) takes up a LOT of room. That's 11 sets not counting extra pieces, food, meds, etc. And that's also not counting staffs, obis, grips either. So trying to be the BEST you can be (not settling for average), try cramming all of that into 80 slots WITHOUT removing a single piece. 92 into 80.

Arcon has made all valid points in defending this thread and I thank you. I just hope the devs see this and take my ideas into serious consideration for the greater good of the game.
    (0)

Character
    Paito
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Many people have problems managing their inventory. There are two reasons for this. 1)Limit of 80 spaces. 2)The game is built horizontally. Meaning you need one set to ws in, one to tp in, one to cast cure, one to nuke, etc etc.

Here are some things that are VERY easy to implement that will help many people out.

There is a very common number in FFXI. That number is 8. 8 elements, 8 days of the week, 8 items in the trade window, etc. Things that go along with this number are:

8 Elemental Obi's
    8 WS Gorgets
    8 WS Belts
    8 Elemental Sachets
    8 Elemental Grips
    8 Elemental Staves
    etc

Some of these items take a lot of effort and work to get (all 8 trial staves, either magic damage, magic acc, or avatar for example). Now as a mage, having all 8 obi's, all 8 staves, and all 8 grips, you are now down 24/80 inventory, over 25%. That's a lot of space.

I propose you create an npc that if you trade him all 8 obi's (8 spaces in the trade window so no problem there), he gives you a rainbow obi that works for all 8 elements (The Twilight cape is the same thing so they could easily make an obi to do it). All 8 Sachets = Rainbow Sachet, all stats +2, hp/mp, and occasionally absorbs magic damage. All 8 ws gorgets/belts = a gorget or belt that works for all ws's. all 8 element damage +6, element acc +1, element casting -14% = one staff for all 8 elements. etc etc.

This turns 24/80 inv into 3/80. MUCH easier to work with.

The coding for this should be relatively simple and will help the strain on many players, especially mages.
    What Hawk is saying is true with the only 5 macro space's that we have on PS2 is not anought of all those gears to macro into them because of PS2 limitations.

I rather see it aswell that those Obi's and/Gorget is set into one Gorget and Obi's you will win allot of space in your invetory and Macro's.

It will be nice that Hawk said about those AF/Relic/emp armor you can Combine with but put them all into one is Too good to be true tbh. But the other hand is that ppl will get intrested in doing Limbus/Dynamis again but if you wanna combine something that will only be 2 too choose like AF an Relic, Relic and Emp or AF and emp and not all 3 for me example is Relic on a MNK hands the first choose because I'm a Tarutaru and the other one will be AF because I dont need haste anymore on my hands. The other is that you can see so many combinations and gear through the game. Look what happend a few years back. SE got Sick of it that everyone was wearing the same Turban for years!. Now it is all the same Emp armor. Now that But if they do that combine thing you will see difrent ppl wearing difrent things and that is what either I and others wanna see in Vana'diel so you can look at those ppl what they are thinking and what they reason is with that combination. It will be intresting!
    (0)
    Last edited by paito; 01-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Character
    Minda
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    You can't fly a VFX-1 without considering that it's a lady who can drink more than you can supply.
    Can someone please explain this piece of gibberish to me, because I have no idea what it means and how it relates to a FFXI thread about an idea to relieve inventory woes.

Ihnako, please stop trolling and go level your 24 COR and SCH. That should keep you busy for a few hours while the grown up people discuss real issues and brainstorm real ideas. While you are at it, top off your DNC, BRD, and RNG so you can be one of those people who have 99 everything with no gear or skills to play them effectively.

I like the idea of being able to combine the elemental staves, obis, gorgets, etc. Dragging all of those staves around is enough to give one a headache, but when you toss in the other single-element pieces in increases exponentially. SE put this gear in the game for us to use, not to toss aside because inventory space will not allow it's effectiveness. It would be refreshing to get into Sea and farm up obis for my BLM and RDM, but I will not do it right now because I have all of my spots full already. Why would I travel to an area and farm up items that I cannot use? You don't see me going all out for Masamune because I mainly play RDM and MNK. I might go for it if I had a way to consolidate inventory space so that I can effectively gear SAM as well.

We all want more content in FFXI, but with new content comes new gear and new items. We can't take on new content without having the space available for these new gear sets, unless they are something that we can full-time. I vote with combine what you can where you can, augmented items seem like a half-hearted try at this anyways. Maybe then the devs can show us what the Far East or the Mithra homeland look like.
    (4)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Minda mind your own business.
    Leveling a job is something you should do cause you'r interested in it and not for the 99.
    And yes - I can play all jobs verry well and contribute more to the party than your garbage.

Storage is part of the game. Deal with it!
    Creating better and better items for what reason? There isn't any undefeated NM any more! And SE did a good job in introducing well balanced gear for nearly every situation (in terms you wan't to switch situationwise). But it's people like you who want everything served on a silver platter.

New content doesn't require new gear. You allready get 90% of the items out of new content that was allready implemented. It's just another way to get stuff. And in case new gear will be introduced - toss/sell stuff you don't need anymore.

I don't need to give you new ideas cause there isn't any new idea needed.
    SE did a great job for the items you can get out of VW and esp. for relic+2 and I have great hopes for af+2 to come soon or later.

As long as you don't consider balancing in you'r postings I'll oppose them cause you'r a fault.

PS: A great idea to free up inventory - toss it and you'll get your inventory reliefed. ;p
    (0)
    Last edited by Ihnako; 01-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Character
    Hawkhellfire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Minda mind your own business.
    Leveling a job is something you should do cause you'r interested in it and not for the 99.
    And yes - I can play all jobs verry well and contribute more to the party than your garbage.

Storage is part of the game. Deal with it!
    Creating better and better items for what reason? There isn't any undefeated NM any more! And SE did a good job in introducing well balanced gear for nearly every situation (in terms you wan't to switch situationwise). But it's people like you who want everything served on a silver platter.

New content doesn't require new gear. You allready get 90% of the items out of new content that was allready implemented. It's just another way to get stuff. And in case new gear will be introduced - toss/sell stuff you don't need anymore.

I don't need to give you new ideas cause there isn't any new idea needed.
    SE did a great job for the items you can get out of VW and esp. for relic+2 and I have great hopes for af+2 to come soon or later.

As long as you don't consider balancing in you'r postings I'll oppose them cause you'r a fault.

PS: A great idea to free up inventory - toss it and you'll get your inventory reliefed. ;p
    Seriously, wow. Why do you continue to post when you are bringing NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE to the conversation. "Inventory is fine. Don't play jobs. Toss your gear. etc etc" Nothing said here is constructive. Instead of bringing in a real solution to at least discuss, your solution is to toss your gear? Even in spite, it just proves that you intend to bring nothing relative to this conversation and I really wish you would just leave. Simple as that.

And you still have NOT provided an answer to my question. 92 pieces into 80 WITHOUT removing a single piece. So your spiteful solution won't work. Until you do, I will not be replying to you anymore unless you ACTUALLY bring something constructive to the conversation.

It still amazes me that there could be people out there that have nothing better to do then to argue with no reason. Seriously, find a hobby. Go continue playing your jobs without maximizing them. Have fun with that and I wish you the best. But I'm not feeding this useless troll anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Minda
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Haha, I didn't even notice he posted again.

Ohh, yeah, that totally worthless post just in front of yours... I see that now.
    (1)
    "PS2 limitations" are a cheap cop-out IMO. The PS3 came out in 2006, and the 360 the year before that. If you still play FFXI on a PS2, I am sure all of the players ticked off by the "PS2 limitations" being thrown in our face all the time could donate a dollar to a fund made specifically to keep you from holding the rest of us back. Drop the boat anchor, SE!!

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    And you still have NOT provided an answer to my question. 92 pieces into 80 WITHOUT removing a single piece.
    You don't need 92 pieces of crap. NO JOB NEEDs more than 50-60.
    Prove that you need 92 and I tell you that you'r a failure in life.
    (0)

Character
    Missangie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Don't you wish you could just ban certain people from posting in a thread >.>
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You don't need 92 pieces of crap. NO JOB NEEDs more than 50-60.
    Who says that they do? Get this: No job needs any items at all. Every job has its full functionality naked. You can cast the same spells (well, maybe except Impact), you can use the same abilities, etc. So why get items at all? Why not play with the 30 inventory we have from the start?

We're not saying we need 92 items to play a job. We're saying we need 92 items (and that's being gracious for some jobs) to play a job perfectly. And we want to play our jobs as good as we can. I can understand if not everyone agrees with that choice, you are obviously fine with being subpar, we are not. We want to be as good as we can possibly be.

Now, if SE would place an arbitrary restriction on your inventory, 80 places, then I could understand that that was part of the game balance. But that's not the case. If you believe that you're delusional. SE wants us to have bigger inventories as much as we want it ourselves, if only to get everyone to stop bitching about it. They invest a lot of time and effort into measures to ease our storage issues: increased inventory, new storage options, event item depository, armor set depository, Porter Moogle and muling options, if I'm not forgetting something. They go to great lengths to try and satisfy our storage needs, and we're simply offering them a quick, easy and simple to implement solution. And we're not even requesting better items, as you so casually assume, we just want one item that combines features of already existing items, that's all.

You say we don't need more inventory? Well, not only does every player I've ever known disagree with you, but even SE themselves disagree with you (and if you look carefully, you even disagree yourself). How can you still be so convinced of your opinion?

Prove that you need 92 and I tell you that you'r a failure in life.
    We get it. You win at real life because you're bad at an MMOG. That seems to sum up all of your posts so far. Now go away master of us all, you have lectured us enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAngie View Post
    Don't you wish you could just ban certain people from posting in a thread >.>
    I wish I could ban people from life.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    SE never agreed that there was a storage issue.
    They just reacted that people like you could shut up even for a minute.
    And again it's not SE's job to solve your greediness. Visit a doctor instead of making pointles requests.

To make it understandable - even for you - SE did a great job and you allready got more storage space than any other game out there - but that's not enough for you.
    Let's recapitulate - Ultima Online (limited space), Diablo (limited space), Diablo 2, WoW, Linage 1 & 2, Tabula Rasa, Planet Side, Neocron, SWtOR aso. - you allways have to deal with what you can get and what you can hold. Your request to make uber items is absurd and I still recommend that you take a break from this game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ihnako; 01-16-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast