Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

To the devs!

To whom it may concern.
    Why the lack of response or even letting us know exactly what is going on with Red Mage? Are you simply attempting to push us over to another job? Is that it? Then make it clear. Most Devs speak in riddles and it drives us the players up the wall. So please, let us know exactly what it is that you guys are thinking about doing with Red Mage. I understand that it's in your job description to be as vague as possible or not even bother at all, however your responses have been devoid of life, and even moreso vague. So, please try to be as least vague as you can with these questions. I understand that you may be fired, or have a decrease in pay in because it's in your job description to give us riddles/puzzles/vague responses. Otherwise, I'm starting to see a pattern here with the devs and customer support...(It's not a good thing.)

Right then, here goes. I'm sure though, that I won't get any responses. 'least it's on the table, right? Can't say that I didn't try!

What are the current and future plans for Red Mage? Are you guys gearing it towards Enhancing, Enfeebling, Elemental or melee? (Enfeebling isn't worth the time anymore, unless you plan on removing immunity.) So if it falls under Enfeebling we'll know to avoid the job like the plague in because everything is immune.

If either, then what are the plans to remedy the job? (Also, demigods? or Demigod? Which is it? In reference to the whole spiel that was given about what Red Mage would become. The manifesto. Or did we just throw that out the window?)

Around an estimated time of when would these things be implemented?

Gravity II why? Gravity was made useless against anything worthwhile why give us a second tier if it's going to be just as useless?

Why have a forum if you're not going to take suggestions, and respond once in a full blue moon?

Why give us riddles and vague responses? As it's seen the Red Mage player base is already having a civil war amongst itself. Yet, you fuel the fire by giving us funny responses.

Phalanx, why hasn't it been scaled to percentage or something? x amount of damage when you're getting hit for 200+ isn't going to do much if anything.

What are the current plans for healing? What is going to be done to resolve the issues of healing skill actually being useful?

Enhancing are there any plans for it?

Enfeebling are there any plans for it?

Why give Red Mage such a shoddy merit table?

These are just a few questions, more to come if we can see some life from the Devs. (Doubtful, but again benefit of the doubt. Don't let me down SE. You seem to go out of your way to let everyone down.)

However, you (the Dev) don't have to give us a full summary of what's to come but some specifics would be nice. (Avoid things like "We have no current plans for this.")
    Put yourself in our shoes. Currently your responses have been as efficient as "Oh, you've been diagnosed with cancer. You may die today, or you may live to 98, or you may not have cancer at all! WHO KNOWS! WE DON'T, WE'RE NOT CERTIFIED TO DIAGNOSE."

Despite the fact that you may view us as spoiled children, we're only returning the same respect that you've shown us. We're not really that cruel, but with the track record that has been currently shown by your staff, this is how we have to treat your staff unfortunately.

Acceptable responses would fall under "We plan on making x job more of this, this is what we plan on enhancing/fixing. When? Two-three updates down the line."

What we're expecting to get? "idunnolol", or nothing, nothing at all. (Most of us are actually aiming at the no response because of previous track record.)

So, please prove us wrong and respond. If you're trying to ferry us off into FFXVI, I doubt that would happen. Being as that this may be the last SE MMO that some of us may actually play, judging from the actions and responses that we end up getting from your staff. Even then we may not be playing for very much longer. I think it's safe to say that there may be a slight decline in subscriptions soon. So, prove us wrong? Participate a bit more in the discussions?

(If the trouble lies in that English isn't your native language, I could attempt to translate this to Japanese via Google Translate. Or if someone in the English forums who can speak Japanese would be kind enough to translate it. It can be done. We're not as mean as we look, we just expect answers but we keep getting the silent treatment like we're the children that you didn't want to begin with.)

As per usual, thanks.

Also, my apologies if it sounds like I'm being mean, or offensive. I'm not.
    We would just like responses, and a strongly worded letter sounds like it would of been the only way to possibly get a response from the staff.
    (2)
    Last edited by TRiPP; 01-10-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Player
    That was a terrible thread title and you should feel ashamed of yourself.
    (6)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Oh my.. it seems a baboon somehow got access to Tripp's keyboard, and started spewing random gibberish by sitting on the keyboard, which then got fed through GoogleFish...
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's been explain in countless other RDM threads what our problems are. At this point all we can do is sit back and wait to see what they plan on doing. They have step up and we have seen considerable improvements to or melee side threw gear choices. So they are listening. I'm sure their trying to come up with solution to our enfeebling and enhancing woe's as well. As a player base we just need to be patient and bitch about it when it's necessary. Like when they actual gives us something to go on as far as a future direction for the job class.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wouldn't say considerable improvements to melee, but there have been some. Until the haters stop going crazy every time they see a melee RDM or the subject comes up, SE's got work to do on the matter.

The overall lack of attention beyond level up gimmes (which I lump in with our slight melee equipment growth) is still worrisome.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I wouldn't say considerable improvements to melee, but there have been some. Until the haters stop going crazy every time they see a melee RDM or the subject comes up, SE's got work to do on the matter.

The overall lack of attention beyond level up gimmes (which I lump in with our slight melee equipment growth) is still worrisome.
    Compare to the crap we had before the level cap increases, it's been like x-mas in my opinion. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it either.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TRiPP View Post
    Phalanx, why hasn't it been scaled to percentage or something? x amount of damage when you're getting hit for 200+ isn't going to do much if anything.
    How dare you even suggest this.

If they want to do this then add Phalanx III, Phalanx and Phalanx II should stay as it is, though Phalanx II should be improved to be better than Phalanx.
    (1)

Player
    Rdm melee is just fine where it's at.
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Rdm melee is just fine where it's at.
    Or at least it is getting attention, which is more than we can say for anything else on the job.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Or at least it is getting attention, which is more than we can say for anything else on the job.
    CDC as a non-specific buff aside, I don't really get how one could imply RDM's magical side hasn't grown more significantly from the 76-99 push. I can get enfeebles being a sore spot, but T4 nukes and far more mage friendly gear (Empyrean armor, for example) has come about than our melee spots. Major differences in our TP gear then and now will ultimately boil down to a bit more ATK, DA, TA, a few other points of STR/DEX/AGI depending on what you use. Basically not enough to wow people or change community perception.

So, while some might be fine with that, or say that while meaning other aspects of the job should get attention because they feel melee is beyond salvaging, doesn't really change what's happened. We didn't get Sanguine Blade. A. Edge is only good for AoE farming, and other jobs do that better even though we could make it hit hardest. Requiescat could've been better. Temper and Gain-STR/DEX have been our greatest melee buffs out of this push, closest to actually melee traits we've ever gotten beyond Composure, but good luck seeing people encourage a melee RDM on things that "matter" to people. Nobody wants to chase a job's high end gear just to be relegated to farming EPs or Campaigning on their own time. That was the problem resultant of cumulative issues at 75 and it's still a problem now.
    (0)

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast