Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: To the devs!

Player
    Ironically, advocating discriminating action against specific users probably falls under the discrimination clause in the forum rules and is closer to trolling than simply having a difference of opinion.
    (3)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yes RDM only offers half it's potential with out a sub job. Yes RDM is not it's main job alone. Yes we all want to see things fix on RDM. Yes the Dev's understand that no one posting on the RDM forums have ever been truly happy with the way the job has been handled since the cap increase.

Conversation about RDM is like a 20 sided die with each side having a varied opinion. No one ever win's on these thread's and at some point Saevel won't be able to see what any one's talking about any more because every one's going to be blocked.

Honestly all we can do at this point is sit back and wait.
    (2)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We got CDC only because SE decided to put us on the sword and not the dagger. I just as easily of been the other way around with us stuck with lol RS (only good when stacked). CDC was designed to be a powerful WS for BLUs and PLDs, RDMs got it the same way we got all our past buffs, incidentally. Just look back to the enspell 1 buff, SE changed the way magic acc was calculated not for RDM but so that SCH could use /RDM for enspells. One of our job defining set of spells got buffed not for RDM but for a different job to use. We could break 300 skill for awhile, yet all our self buffs were capped at 300 until WHM and SCH were able to easily break 300 skill natively. Then SE goes in and raise's the cap to 500. They didn't raise the cap for RDM, they raised it for WHM and SCH.
    Is there some rule I missed somewhere that said that if they give a Sword update to PLD and BLU, they must give it to RDM too? Because apparently that rule didn't apply to Sanguine Blade. Maybe you would've been happier if we did get Rudra's Storm instead of CDC. At least then you would've been justified in getting all riled up about it.

Those other points aren't even remotely the same because all jobs with Enhancing skill follow the same rules. Taking RDM off CDC is as simple as crossing it off the jobs eligible to use the weapons that provide it. And even then, RDM did end up benefiting from them too, even if you have to act all indignant because they weren't exclusively for you. Or is it that you want only RDM to be capable of going above the cap?
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Player
    Rdm's main weapon (if meleeing) is Sword, being on the empyrean sword was expected. CDC being usually the best sword WS (barring physical resistances) was unexpected, but very welcome.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Is there some rule I missed somewhere that said that if they give a Sword update to PLD and BLU, they must give it to RDM too? Because apparently that rule didn't apply to Sanguine Blade. Maybe you would've been happier if we did get Rudra's Storm instead of CDC. At least then you would've been justified in getting all riled up about it.

Those other points aren't even remotely the same because all jobs with Enhancing skill follow the same rules. Taking RDM off CDC is as simple as crossing it off the jobs eligible to use the weapons that provide it. And even then, RDM did end up benefiting from them too, even if you have to act all indignant because they weren't exclusively for you. Or is it that you want only RDM to be capable of going above the cap?
    *Whoosh*

I never advocated taking RDM off CDC nor giving us lol RS. I said having CDC was incidental, SE just as easily could of put us on the dagger one which sucks if your not a THF main.

CDC wasn't a "buff" to RDM, it was a buff to sword users, and the dev's who put us on it at the time just happened to think it was a good idea. Or are you forgetting this is the same company who created Gravity II and originally had Temper at 5% static.
    (0)

Player
    Not seeing what's so incidental about Rdm getting a final sword weapon. Rdm's final weapons are all swords and 1 dagger.
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I never advocated taking RDM off CDC nor giving us lol RS. I said having CDC was incidental, SE just as easily could of put us on the dagger one which sucks if your not a THF main.

CDC wasn't a "buff" to RDM, it was a buff to sword users, and the dev's who put us on it at the time just happened to think it was a good idea. Or are you forgetting this is the same company who created Gravity II and originally had Temper at 5% static.
    And I never said you advocated such a thing. Only that you sported that cloak of victimhood quite well for somebody who got a pretty good weaponskill out of the deal. Sword users got a good weaponskill and RDM is one of the 3 sword users. I struggle to understand why you look at that with such spite. At least RDM didn't get Cloudsplitter!
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Perhaps it's my fault for even bringing up the matter this time around. In essence, I've felt attention specific to RDM has been needed, but lacking. In that lacking, there has been incidental attention, either through blanket application like the primary sword users and magian weapons, or the barest bones of progress through the cap increases like T4 nukes and a few other spells not really unique to us other than Temper. All of this hasn't really helped to bolster the need of our toolset, and bitch and moan Drjones might over people being wary of getting delgated to Pink Magery, saying you can throw stuns or status cures as "things to do between Haste/Refresh/Cure spam" isn't much consolation. It's shades of SMN/WHM back in the day where instead of doing things with your avatars, you were a (main) healer. RDM just lacks that "doing things with your avatars" aspect that SMNs otherwise got fixed through better -perp, favor, split timers, and new/useful BPs.

And before someone thinks they're cute, I'm not saying RDM should get a pet. The whole "doing things with your avatars" was a reference to concept and job identity. One at least a word I'm sure some will take offense to when considering the hybrid image.
    (3)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You know I remember that, when we had to revert to SMN's as main healers because of the lack of actual healing job's. Man that was some sucky crap. Could you imagine having to take that kind of invite just to level. Talk about not enjoying your job.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    And I never said you advocated such a thing. Only that you sported that cloak of victimhood quite well for somebody who got a pretty good weaponskill out of the deal. Sword users got a good weaponskill and RDM is one of the 3 sword users. I struggle to understand why you look at that with such spite. At least RDM didn't get Cloudsplitter!
    And now we have it, your trying to insinuate RDM's got some sort of buff via CDC and call it a day. IDK where you've been living lately, if your here honestly trying to have a discussion or just trolling the RDM forums for lols. SE has pretty much ignored RDM since right after Abyssea's release. You can't pull some BS out of thin air and expect many people here to actually believe you. Every other job has gotten multiple buffs and modifications. RDM was given tier ups and a nifty 10m JA. We've sunk to the level of SMN, except at least SMN has a function with PD / EA.
    (0)

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast